Port Orleans reservation will only let me add two people

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
I found a good deal on Priceline for Port Orleans this March so, even though I always book through Disney or a Disney TA, I booked it. It is a Royal room with two queen beds, but for some reason when I linked it to my Disney reservations only one other person can be added to it. This is so odd because its not for a king room for only two people. It is clearly two queen beds. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get all three of us on it. Is there someone I can chat with or email even? I'm kinda stuck and don't want to buy our tickets and can't make any fastpasses until this gets fixed.

I think you need to call Disney to add the extras guests, I don't think Priceline can do it. Royal rooms should have occupancy for 4.

I found a good deal on Priceline for Port Orleans this March so, even though I always book through Disney or a Disney TA, I booked it. It is a Royal room with two queen beds, but for some reason when I linked it to my Disney reservations only one other person can be added to it. This is so odd because its not for a king room for only two people. It is clearly two queen beds. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get all three of us on it. Is there someone I can chat with or email even? I'm kinda stuck and don't want to buy our tickets and can't make any fastpasses until this gets fixed.

You have to call the Disney Wholesale department to get the other 2 added. There's a Priceline thread over on the discount board that has the number.

PL Express only books rooms for 2. Regular hotel occupancy rules are irrelevant. The hotel has the right to limit you to 2, regardless of room capacity. The hotel can decide to add extra guests without an extra charge, up to room occupancy limits. The hotel has the right to charge for extra guests, even infants, and even if the extra guests would be complimentary if booked directly.

Most Disney rooms can accommodate 4. Disney has been nice about adding extra guest to you reservation. This can be an issue in other cities.

PL Express only books rooms for 2. Regular hotel occupancy rules are irrelevant. The hotel has the right to limit you to 2, regardless of room capacity. The hotel can decide to add extra guests without an extra charge, up to room occupancy limits. The hotel has the right to charge for extra guests, even infants, and even if the extra guests would be complimentary if booked directly.

Most Disney rooms can accommodate 4. Disney has been nice about adding extra guest to you reservation. This can be an issue in other cities.

But I didn't but this through Priceline Express. It was through the regular Priceline site and it gave the option of bed choices. Does Priceline Express's limit of 2 apply to Priceline as well? Will I have an issue with adding guests and their tickets, fastpasses, dining?

But I didn't but this through Priceline Express. It was through the regular Priceline site and it gave the option of bed choices. Does Priceline Express's limit of 2 apply to Priceline as well? Will I have an issue with adding guests and their tickets, fastpasses, dining?
Yes, it's just the way Pricelines computers are set up. Orbitz has had issues with adding kids (it wants to charge for them even though Disney doesn't) so you have to call to add them separately
When you use 3rd parties to save money sometimes you have to do more leg work. It's the tradeoff you accept to save money.

And yeah, if you don't add them, you will have a problem. They won't be an official guest. That's always a problem.
Dining no, ADR system doesn't care about having a resort stay for dining (that's how locals can book)
But it's no problem to get them added, you just have to call.

You just have to call the Disney Wholesale number. They can add the extra people to your reservation (if there's a charge for extra people, you may see the additional charge through Priceline - I've only ever added kids which are free so I'm not sure if that happens with Disney properties). It takes about 2-3 days for the reservation to show up on the Disney side of things, and then they can add whatever info you need including room requests.

Once they are added, you'll see them linked in MDE - they might be under a generic name but then you just have to replace the generic party member with someone that's already in your F&F list on MDE. From there it's business as usual for FP, ADR, etc.

We just did this with a PL reservation, it was much easier than I had expected. A few extra steps but totally worth it for the price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter