Port Orleans Riverside - Best Rooms?

Michaelsch

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are taking our 4 year old to Port Orleans Riverside this October. We currently have a standard view room. I wanted a Royal Room but our travel agent had a good deal on standard view. I think I would like to have the pull-down bed for our daughter.

Does anyone have recommendations on the best rooms? What bus stops are best? Best views?

Thanks for all the help. This site is a trip saver!

Request Alligator bayou for the pull down. We always book pool view since that puts you up against a quiet pool.

I have stayed in building 24 and 34 and I think 34 was my favorite. It's so close to the west bus stop, which is first to pick up and drop off. It's really nice at the end of the night. I would consider a building close to the bus stop for convenience.

We have stayed in the Royal Rooms on two separate trips and really loved them. Oak Manor was our favorite building, we have never stayed on the Alligator Bayou side. POR is our favorite mod because of the quiet walkways and scenery though, so I really think you can't go too wrong!

If you haven't done so I would check out https://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php to see where all the room category locations are in regards to bus stops and amenities. Touring Plans has a room view feature, but I'm not sure if you have to have a membership to use it.

The murphy beds are only in AB. The building are 2 stories and do not have elevators. If you are bringing a stroller, you may want to request a first floor room so you don't have to carry the stroller up a flight of stairs.

We stayed in magnolia bend, water view royal room, the view was a moot point since it's not a balcony but just a window to the walkway as someone mentioned previously. The view at POR really is not worth it IMO since it's not a private balcony and we aren't in the room that much anyway. I will say a tip we've used a few times at the mods that's worth it, is to request a corner room, you then get two windows which makes your room appear larger than it is. The resort overall is very quiet, but having stayed there now I know that the view isn't that important to me and in the future wouldn't pay more for it. I would however upgrade to the royal room, we loved the fireworks over the bed and the details.

Check out the property map and see which buildings are closest to the stops. I would say that we were less than a 5 min walk from the east depot.

We're huge fans of POR and the AB section. We also stayed in building 34 and loved the picturesque walk to the room from the common areas. If you have a stroller though I'd request the 1st floor for sure.

We love building 85 (Magnolia Terrace). We are here now in a standard view room, but when looking out our window we see mostly a garden view with a slight parking lot view off to the left. Honestly, there isn’t a balcony or anything and we have our blinds closed most of the time; I wouldn’t pay more for a view. Building 85 is very close to a bus stop, the main pool, the main building (lobby, food court). After walking around the resort the last few days, I think building 85 is the perfect location.

I would agree, Magnolia Terrace is one of our fav buildings. I request a room (within my category) closest to Old Man Island foot bridge. Very central location. I’ve never stayed in AB section as it doesn’t appeal to me as much, and we are usually only 2 or 3 depending if one or both daughters come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts