Port Orleans Riverside vs Carribean Beach Resort

straychicken

Mouseketeer
We have 7 nights booked at Pop. Thinking of splitting the stay and spending the last 3 nights at a moderate with a better pool. My kids are 5 and 8 years old and they both learned to swim this summer.

Would you recommend Carribean Beach Resort or Port Orleans Riverside for $14 per night more? Leaning toward Port Orleans Riverside.

Dates are Oct 3-6, 2018. I know there will be some construction at Carribean Beach Resort. Will they have the normal dining options back open?

PortOrleans is our fav moderate! We love the mansion section. POR has more to offer with the boat to Disney Springs, evening entertainer that all ages love, including the adults, and carriage rides. Even if I don’t book one I love seeing them go by it just adds to the resort ambience.

Until the construction is done at Caribbean Beach, I don’t think it’s even a question between the two. I’m not sure when construction is set to end. Eating in an actual tent is not a resort experience and for $14 I’d FOR SURE go with POR just for the food court alone. When we were there CB had walls up and fences up and it was just not cute.
That being said, overall I preferred the pool and “beach” area of Caribbean Beach. I know POR pool gets a lot of love but it wasn’t anything spectacular to me.

I love that it’s unanimous- made my decision easy. Unfortunately my travel agent can’t call to confirm availability tomorrow due to the holiday. It’s an agency special and I can’t book it online. I’ll find out Thursday.

After reading your replies and some articles online I am pretty excited. I also like that we can try the French Quarter pool.

I prefer POR Riverside and would definitely pick it for you for you bc of the construction at Carribean Beach. But, in my opinion, Carribean Beach does have a better pool area for kids.

I prefer POR Riverside and would definitely pick it for you for you bc of the construction at Carribean Beach. But, in my opinion, Carribean Beach does have a better pool area for kids.

I agree with this. We just stayed at AKL and my kids actually said that they liked the pool at CBR better than AKL! And to be honest, I agree with them. But with construction right now, I would choose POR.

I love that it’s unanimous- made my decision easy. Unfortunately my travel agent can’t call to confirm availability tomorrow due to the holiday. It’s an agency special and I can’t book it online. I’ll find out Thursday.

After reading your replies and some articles online I am pretty excited. I also like that we can try the French Quarter pool.
I was going to say that you can use the FQ amenities and pool as well. Last time we were there, we took the ferry to FQ had a swim and ate... its like 2 resorts in 1!

I agree--would not deal with construction at Caribbean. However, you should also know that Riverside will start room refurbishment this month, so make sure to ask for a refurbed room when you reserve.

POR - even without the construction at CBR. We've stayed at both, and I did not like CBR at all. PO is home for me. And if he's there (which his calendar currently says he will be), you must go see Yehaa Bob! He plays in the River Roost Wednesdays through Saturdays. It's a family friendly, super fun piano show that we love!

We have 7 nights booked at Pop. Thinking of splitting the stay and spending the last 3 nights at a moderate with a better pool. My kids are 5 and 8 years old and they both learned to swim this summer.

Would you recommend Carribean Beach Resort or Port Orleans Riverside for $14 per night more? Leaning toward Port Orleans Riverside.

Dates are Oct 3-6, 2018. I know there will be some construction at Carribean Beach Resort. Will they have the normal dining options back open?
We absolutely LOVED Riverside! We requested a room in the Magnolia Bend section, they are the really pretty Plantation style buildings.

Unfortunately there is no availability for standard rooms-the only room type in the agency deal. I could get CBR for the last two nights but I don’t think it worth it. Guess it’s 7 nights at Pop. We might head over to POR one evening a rent a bike.

Unfortunately there is no availability for standard rooms-the only room type in the agency deal. I could get CBR for the last two nights but I don’t think it worth it. Guess it’s 7 nights at Pop. We might head over to POR one evening a rent a bike.
We loved our stay at Pop! The pools aren't as cool as far as water features, but the theming is still fun.

Our travel agent just emailed me that a room opened so we are booked. It’s just two nights but I think it will work out great with what we have planned.

Sat - land at 2 pm at MCO, leaves evening free to enjoys pools and resort
Sunday-Magic Kingdom party day, we don’t have party tickets so we will get there early and leave before 6 pm, leaves time to swim Sunday evening
Monday - spent most of day at Port Orleans at resort, transfer to Pop, ask for late check out
Tuesday - HW
Wednesday - Sleep and rest, MK in evening to see HEA
Thursday -AK
Friday-use bonus water park tickets
Sat-8:00 Magic Express to airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter