Port Recommendations for Cozumel and Jamaica

That's very helpful to know. Did you do one of the activities there, or just visit the estate. We were looking at the excursion called Tubing and Adventure Falls because I thought my son might enjoy the swimming area and aviary.

We did the Good Hope Estate house tour and lunch. The food was good, the rest...wasn't.

Was that a DCL excursion or another company?

It was a DCL excursion, but it seems like they no longer offer it. I've quoted my description below including the original DCL excursion name.

Oh how sad, it looks like they no longer have the excursion we did with lunch. I went to the Disney site to find it and couldn't find it. The one we did was Green Grotto Caves with Lunch (FA47) we first went to the cave, which is huge!

Claustrophobia
: They used to do concerts in it, which drove out the bats and the mosquitoes took over, so they stopped the concerts so bats would come back and take care of the mosquitoes. The cavern areas are really large, not claustrophobic at all. There was one small passage my daughter decided to try - it's tight, I went around the more open path and met her on the other side.

Bats: We like bats, but I know some people are not fans. They really weren't around through the vast majority of the cave. We did go into one cavern/lake area that was a bit crowded with everyone trying to see where we could see the bats sleeping above across the lake. Once this cleared out of everyone trying to see at once, it's not really a small area. It just seemed crowded due to the number of people wanting to see at once.

Mobility: There were a fair amount of stairs around a section, if I recall correctly it was to get to the area where you could see the bats. I can't recall now, if they had some type of transport for handicapped. But I'm not in great shape and was able to do it all fairly easily.

Lunch: This was really lovely. An amazingly breathtaking beach and a yummy meal. The best jerk chicken I've ever had. We weren't there too long, just enough for everyone to eat, and play a bit in the water/beach.

All total I think it was around 4 hours and we all really enjoyed it. I hope this helps!

Is the waterfall any good for a 4 year old or would it be better to do something else in Jamaica

Looking for excursion recommendations for Cozumel and Jamaica. There is 6 of us going - 5 adults ranging from 42-65. I was thinking that my daughter may like a dolphin interaction.

Thank You

"Save a Sea Turtle Experience" in Cozumel if it's available. One of the best experiences in my life and unlike dolphin swims, those are ethical (it's part of a conservation program).

We also did the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab. We really enjoyed it, but more then that I enjoyed snorkeling at Chankanaab. There are beautiful things to see snorkeling there. Next time I think I'd just do a beach day.

I really enjoy Jamaica. We have done our own excursions there with no problems. Last time we did a tubing excursion and had a blast.

+ 1 on the snorkeling in Chankanaab. We've seen plenty of fishes at 1 meter from the stairs. It's quite impressive.

Based upon your comments and the positive feedback on the caves, I just booked a private caves and beach tour. This thread was a big help in making my decision.
This is an older thread but I've been searching re: Jamaica. Did you end up going on this tour yet? Was it through DCL? Any feedback on how you liked it?

This is an older thread but I've been searching re: Jamaica. Did you end up going on this tour yet? Was it through DCL? Any feedback on how you liked it?

Unfortunately, my answer is no on both questions. Our cruise is on March 2. We are booked through Courtney Tailor Tours. I am happy to let you know how things turn out when I get back. So far, the tour provider has been responsive and the total price for the private tour is less than buying 3 spots on the DCL bus tour to the same caves.

Has anyone done the Ocean View Explorer Tour (CZ22) ? If so, any and all thoughts/feedback would be appreciated!

Unfortunately, my answer is no on both questions. Our cruise is on March 2. We are booked through Courtney Tailor Tours. I am happy to let you know how things turn out when I get back. So far, the tour provider has been responsive and the total price for the private tour is less than buying 3 spots on the DCL bus tour to the same caves.
I'm travelling Feb 16th.... Based on discussions with my family and friends that have already done the trip, we are leaning towards staying on the boat. Given that we are doing Mexico, Grand Cayman and Jamaica three days in a row - I think staying on the boat is actually OK.

That makes sense to me. We are getting our downtime in the mix by doing a less ambitious activity in Grand Cayman that allows us to sleep in that day. 3 full days of tours in a row would be too much for my family. I hope you guys have a great cruise.

I was a little apprehensive to do an excursion in Jamaica due to the comments I had read online but I'm really glad I got off the ship.

We just took the Horse ride and swim with the Dunn’s River Falls and lunch. I’m not saying you should not go because it was way more fun then I expected although be aware horses poop in the water and your legs will float through poop. We all did except the girl on the first horse. We were also the first group and one of the guides said it loosened them up as soon as we hit the water.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter