Port Upgrade question

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
When I originally booked, the cost difference between an inside and a veranda stateroom for our 11 night cruise was about $3,000/person.:scared: Any guess what the upgrade for 2ppl would be if done at port the day of sailing? Thank you!!

When I originally booked, the cost difference between an inside and a veranda stateroom for our 11 night cruise was about $3,000/person.:scared: Any guess what the upgrade for 2ppl would be if done at port the day of sailing? Thank you!!

Was it really $3000 per person?? I have never seen it that much of a difference! that sounds like concierge difference!

Was it really $3000 per person?? I have never seen it that much of a difference! that sounds like concierge difference!
I would think that would be right for an 11 night cruise. My guess is the cost bump to concierge would be closer to 10k.

I would think that would be right for an 11 night cruise. My guess is the cost bump to concierge would be closer to 10k.

The WBTA cruise is 10 nights, and a verandah room for 2 adults was about $5500 on opening day. So, $3k per person difference would definitely NOT be appropriate for that cruise. It's more likely to be appropriate for CERTAIN cruises, regardless of duration.

As far as how much the upgrade cost would be at the port... A) Probably no chance it would be less than on opening day and B) might not even be an option depending on how sold the rooms are.

It was indeed around $3000 pp difference from inside to veranda on the 11 night Iceland/Norway cruise. Thanks for the replies!

The WBTA cruise is 10 nights, and a verandah room for 2 adults was about $5500 on opening day. So, $3k per person difference would definitely NOT be appropriate for that cruise. It's more likely to be appropriate for CERTAIN cruises, regardless of duration.

As far as how much the upgrade cost would be at the port... A) Probably no chance it would be less than on opening day and B) might not even be an option depending on how sold the rooms are.
Interesting! I thought port upgrades were always priced less than what you could have paid to originally book the higher category. Thank you for the information.:)

Interesting! I thought port upgrades were always priced less than what you could have paid to originally book the higher category. Thank you for the information.:)

In my experience, the upgrade at port is usually LESS than doing it beforehand - significantly less. (for example for an Alaska, 7 night cruise, we upgraded from inside room to a verandah and saved about $5000).

Having said that, with an 11 night cruise it is a unique itinerary which means it could be sold out beforehand which means upgrades may not available. But unless they have a "This cruise is full" sign out I would recommend to always ask at the port if you would like to upgrade and see what is available and for how much. Also, book a room that you will still be happy with and know that any potential upgrades would just be icing on the cake!

That Iceland/Norway cruise is so expensive! I'm hoping they offer it more times in 2021 because it seems like only having it once really drove up the price, but maybe that's just me being idealistic and it will always be that expensive because it's long and popular.

I was recently able to upgrade at the port for about 1/3 of the pre cruise price. That was from a family verandah to concierge service on the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter