Portifino memories -- and....Pictures of the HRH and soon to open RPH??

P

Pkdcoastrs

Hi! Two years ago we stayed at the Portifino in a nice room facing the pool (themed)....we had taken advantage of a special offer that our local AAA forget to end, thus Universal still accepted our reservations! For $199 we got the larger room and a *GREAT* view! The words that we used when we arrived at PBH can't be said, LOL, we had never stayed at a resort like it! Well to say the rooms was incredible is an understatement! The themeing OMG!! And the food!!! I loved the morning buffet with the BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!!!! Ok sorry It just brings back memories! LOL! Anyway, last year we were unable to visit Universal when we came down to Florida :( But, this year we want to go back and stay a few nights again! We love the Portifino, but since we have experienced one of the better rooms there, we thought of trying something out at the HRH or the soon to open RPH! If anyone knows any links to sites that have pictures of the Hard Rock rooms , good descpritions, etc...Please post them here for me! Also, if anyone has any pics of the construction of RPH! I appreciate it in advance!

PS- Portifino is definetly our top hotel in the WDW/Universal area! We stayed at the Grand Floridian at WDW and were BEYOND dissapointed!

Hello Pkdcoastrs,
I agree with you that the Portofino is a beautiful hotel whose luxurious rooms far surpass any of the Disney deluxes (and we've stayed at all but the Boardwalk). We like the Hard Rock too, but the rooms aren't quite as swanky. The bathrooms in particular were smaller and more ordinary. The grounds and lobby decor are tasteful, sort of art deco and fun. It's also a much closer walk to the parks. Here's a link to a site with some photos. Hope you make it there.
http://www.themeparks.com/unifl/unifllibrary/citywalk01.htm

I also agree PBH is far superior to any Disney Deluxe! I just came back from staying at the HRH which is a very nice hotel but my heart is with PBH! All I kept finding myself saying was I wish I was at PBH. The rooms seem so much smallerat HRH, with 4 of us & all our stuff you couldn't walk in the room. The bathrooms are way too small. But maybe you'll luck out and get a Deluxe room at the HRH they are larger then the standard rooms but if I remember corectly the bathrooms are just as small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter