Portofino Bay EP and kids in the room with a convention booking?

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
I just booked PBH (I hope that's the correct abbreviation, I'm not up on the US shortcuts as much yet haha) for Dec 6-11 through the American Society of Hematology link from their conference at the Orlando Convention Center. Under hotel amenities it doesn't mention anything about Express pass, just the usual hairdryer, Wifi, etc... Do you get the included EP if you book through a convention with the convention rate? I really,really hope so but was kind of nervous to see nothing about it. Also, as an aside, is $205 a night for a standard room a decent rate? There is no availability on the USO website for me to compare the convention rate to. It also said the hotel could charge for more than 2 people in the room. Will we have an additional charge added on for our 2 kids, ages 6 and 9? We did put them on the reservation, but I saw that note on the convention booking page.

I just booked PBH (I hope that's the correct abbreviation, I'm not up on the US shortcuts as much yet haha) for Dec 6-11 through the American Society of Hematology link from their conference at the Orlando Convention Center. Under hotel amenities it doesn't mention anything about Express pass, just the usual hairdryer, Wifi, etc... Do you get the included EP if you book through a convention with the convention rate? I really,really hope so but was kind of nervous to see nothing about it. Also, as an aside, is $205 a night for a standard room a decent rate? There is no availability on the USO website for me to compare the convention rate to. It also said the hotel could charge for more than 2 people in the room. Will we have an additional charge added on for our 2 kids, ages 6 and 9? We did put them on the reservation, but I saw that note on the convention booking page.

1. Yes you get EP just for staying there, it’s your room key!

2. If you have everyone on the res as specified then that should be the rate, although I’m not 100% on that because if it was booked on a site other then UO’s site maybe that would be why, I only ever use the UO site to book my stays.

3. If that rate is correct then yes that is a really good rate even for a standard room.

1. Yes you get EP just for staying there, it’s your room key!

2. If you have everyone on the res as specified then that should be the rate, although I’m not 100% on that because if it was booked on a site other then UO’s site maybe that would be why, I only ever use the UO site to book my stays.

3. If that rate is correct then yes that is a really good rate even for a standard room.

Thank you so much! That was all what I was hoping to hear :cool2::thumbsup2! I haven't been to Universal Studios or IOA in 7 years, and have never stayed there, so I'm excited to try it and the EP sounds amazing to try. What was really odd was that one of the other universal resorts, I think it was Cabana Bay but it might have been Aventura, also had availability for only $10 less! I guess maybe conventioneers don't care about the parks, or don't know anything about the resorts, but I was thinking why anyone would want one of the resorts without EP for such a small price difference. I would have thought if you did't care about US you wouldn't have stayed at one of their hotels and would have chosen from the dozens of other affiliated hotels, but who knows :confused3.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!