PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I have never read anyone state they were charged a holding fee at the hotel.

Last time I had anything sent to me at another hotel/rpr, it was held at the business office for me to pick up and there was no charge.
I had documents sent to me as our house sold while I was on vacation and had the forms sent over night to me

Lol that happened to us at HRH and they made it very easy for us. Maybe the trick is to go on vacation to UO and your house will sell :hyper:

Has this happened to anyone else on PBR?

Went on line this morning looking for a weekend visit early Dec. for 2 nights.
To my surprise a room pops up for $217(Florida resident rate) a night, it says Parlor room.
I was shocked a room with a living area for $217 a night.
I book it faster than you can imagine. Tell my kids so they can grab their rooms too.
After I book, I read it again and looked at the picture, ok I see a bedroom there.
I call to ask for our rooms to be near each other and ask to be sure, "There's a bedroom in these rooms correct?"
She is baffled, puts me on hold, 5 minutes later she comes back and says, I don't know why that option popped up online, its just a parlor, no beds.
She tells me she called the IT dept. to get it removed.
I knew it was too good to be true, glad I called. I'm not sure what would have happened once we arrived and had no beds, especially if the hotel was booked.
We still got a great rate for King/2 queen standard rooms.

Has this happened to anyone else on PBR?

Went on line this morning looking for a weekend visit early Dec. for 2 nights.
To my surprise a room pops up for $217(Florida resident rate) a night, it says Parlor room.
I was shocked a room with a living area for $217 a night.
I book it faster than you can imagine. Tell my kids so they can grab their rooms too.
After I book, I read it again and looked at the picture, ok I see a bedroom there.
I call to ask for our rooms to be near each other and ask to be sure, "There's a bedroom in these rooms correct?"
She is baffled, puts me on hold, 5 minutes later she comes back and says, I don't know why that option popped up online, its just a parlor, no beds.
She tells me she called the IT dept. to get it removed.
I knew it was too good to be true, glad I called. I'm not sure what would have happened once we arrived and had no beds, especially if the hotel was booked.
We still got a great rate for King/2 queen standard rooms.

The parlors have a pullout couch. Not fun to sleep on but it is there.

I noticed this exact thing yesterday. It was only happening at Portofino, but all parlours and hospitality areas were being offered by themselves. I figured it has to be an error, assists it was:)

We are staying club level November 17-21. There are 2 adults and 2 kids, both 12. Do any of the deluxe two queen rooms have a sleeper sofa in them?

I have stayed in a Deluxe 2 Queen many times. Have never seen one with sleeper sofa.

Does anyone know when the hotel is given our booking info? I booked our trip through Southwest Vacations many months ago. I just called the booking number for Portofino Bay to try to add a rollaway bed and see if I could upgrade to club level. The woman told me to call Southwest Vacations to add a rollaway, and that I had to wait until check in to ask about adding the club level to our room. We are in a Despicable Me room, so the only way to get "club level" is to add it on after booking. I've read that club level can sell out so I was really hoping to add it now. As far as adding a rollaway, that's something I noted in my "requests" section when I booked on Southwest Vacations, but it clearly says these requests cannot be guaranteed. We plan to arrive at the hotel around 9:30pm (which is late for my kiddos but it's a flight after school) so I'd really like to have a rollaway set up beforehand.

Should I call back closer to our trip? (We arrive in 3 weeks.) Should I just try again and hope a different person gives me a different answer? The lady I spoke with was perfectly friendly and all, but I was surprised that she couldn't help me with either of my concerns.

Does anyone know when the hotel is given our booking info? I booked our trip through Southwest Vacations many months ago. I just called the booking number for Portofino Bay to try to add a rollaway bed and see if I could upgrade to club level. The woman told me to call Southwest Vacations to add a rollaway, and that I had to wait until check in to ask about adding the club level to our room. We are in a Despicable Me room, so the only way to get "club level" is to add it on after booking. I've read that club level can sell out so I was really hoping to add it now. As far as adding a rollaway, that's something I noted in my "requests" section when I booked on Southwest Vacations, but it clearly says these requests cannot be guaranteed. We plan to arrive at the hotel around 9:30pm (which is late for my kiddos but it's a flight after school) so I'd really like to have a rollaway set up beforehand.

Should I call back closer to our trip? (We arrive in 3 weeks.) Should I just try again and hope a different person gives me a different answer? The lady I spoke with was perfectly friendly and all, but I was surprised that she couldn't help me with either of my concerns.

I don't have exact knowledge of when they receive your information but I can tell you from my experience. We had booked 2 rooms at Portofino through Orbitz and I too called the hotel a couple of weeks before arrival to request that the rooms be connecting or close together. I was told at that time that they CANNOT touch 3rd party reservations. Any requests had to be made in person upon arrival. So your experience mimics mine and it seems their policy has not changed. It really is frustrating.

You should be able to request both upon check in, roll away should be no big deal and I have heard of CL being unavailable to add on upon check in but have never experienced being denied adding it!!!

Did you speak directly with front desk and give them a confirmation #

Have a wonderful time!!!

I don't have exact knowledge of when they receive your information but I can tell you from my experience. We had booked 2 rooms at Portofino through Orbitz and I too called the hotel a couple of weeks before arrival to request that the rooms be connecting or close together. I was told at that time that they CANNOT touch 3rd party reservations. Any requests had to be made in person upon arrival. So your experience mimics mine and it seems their policy has not changed. It really is frustrating.

Thank you for sharing your experience. That makes me feel a lot better. :)

We were only there for three days. We had a club level room booked and the only special request made at booking was for the room to be ready when we arrived in early afternoon. Called a couple days ahead to confirm arrival and that we really needed the room available after long trip there, we were seniors, I have health issues, etc. No room was available for us upon arrival. We went to the parks and got a text just before normal check-in time that our room was ready. Is that normal for Universal premier hotels? We have stayed at Disney several times and always a room was available upon arrival, even if 10:00 in the morning.

Yes this is normal

Check out time is 11 and a noon check out can be made if the hotel is not sold out the night prior

Check in time is 4

If a room was not used the night prior, them there is a good possibility to have the room early

I have requested early check in for the last years

Most of the time not assigned to the room until 3-3:30

Thank you. If we do it again we will be prepared for that.

The rest of the visit was good. They did not charge for the rollaway bed we requested. It was in the room when we returned from the parks, although they put it in front of and right up against the dresser/refrigerator and we had to rearrange the furniture for ourselves so that the rollaway could be in front of the window and not blocking anything.

planning our first trip to universal this June, my daughter is dying to go to Harry Potter. We are planning the minion room and my parents will just get a regular room. Any suggestions for locations to request? Thanks

planning our first trip to universal this June, my daughter is dying to go to Harry Potter. We are planning the minion room and my parents will just get a regular room. Any suggestions for locations to request? Thanks

We prefer the west wing if available, Villa wing 2nd but I can’t recall staying in minion suite over there in villa side

We are staying club level on our middle of November trip. We are wanting to be close to the club. Any recommendations on rooms or area to request?
Thanks

We are staying club level on our middle of November trip. We are wanting to be close to the club. Any recommendations on rooms or area to request?
Thanks

Hi we just stayed there and did club level. I requested the main floor that the club is on. It over looks the villa pool. The club was right around the corner from our room . I loved the location. We love PBH and the club level.

We're checking-in to PBH club room on December 28th and would also like to request a room near the club. How do I make the request and when should I do it? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!