PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I tried to search for this type of information but didn't find anything. We are staying in Club Level 11/29 - 12/4, it will be three of us, my husband, my daughter 15, and me. My daughter uses a wheelchair full time. We will be bringing her manual wheel chair (she usually uses a power wheelchair). I m curious on location of the rooms. Is there a place that's better than another location? Ideally we would like to be on a lower floor in case there is an emergency; we would like to be close to either the entrance of the hotel or close to the boat launch for ease. Her manual wheelchair is more like a stroller and we will be using her because she isn't able to move it herself.

Any insight would be great or if someone could point me to a disability thread, that would be great too.

Amy

I tried to search for this type of information but didn't find anything. We are staying in Club Level 11/29 - 12/4, it will be three of us, my husband, my daughter 15, and me. My daughter uses a wheelchair full time. We will be bringing her manual wheel chair (she usually uses a power wheelchair). I m curious on location of the rooms. Is there a place that's better than another location? Ideally we would like to be on a lower floor in case there is an emergency; we would like to be close to either the entrance of the hotel or close to the boat launch for ease. Her manual wheelchair is more like a stroller and we will be using her because she isn't able to move it herself.

Any insight would be great or if someone could point me to a disability thread, that would be great too.

Amy

Hi You want to ask for the villa wing by the club lounge on the main floor. The check in desk and the lounge are on level 3 but it is the main level when you come in from the front. You would have no problems with the wheel chair being here. We stayed in one of those rooms in June and loved it. We were right around the corner from the lounge. Just make sure you explain to them why this location would work. I did this and they honored my request with the room. We had a view of the villa pool. These rooms are deluxe and have lots of room. Enjoy your visit!! We love it here and will go back there again! The club lounge is amazing!

Currently at Portofino in club level. For those who want to know the current evening offerings I thought I would share. It is a 6 night rotation with crudite,assorted cheeses, crackers and crostini and assorted salads offered every night. Day 1 (last night 12/8) was Jerk chicken, coconut rice and sweet plantains, Day 2 is beef enchiladas, rice and beans and grilled corn. Day 3 is herb baked or fried fish, couscous and cauliflower. Day 4 is is Asian beef and broccoli, lo mein noodles and stir fry vegetables. Day 5 is roasted pork loin with carbonara sauce, potatoes and grilled vegetables. Day 6 is BBQ chicken, Mac n cheese and broccoli. After day six it starts over again at day one. Breakfast yesterday was scrambled eggs, hash brown patties, bacon and baked beans, fruit, pastries, cereal and bagels. Did not have breakfast this morning as we had breakfast with the Grinch. Pre packaged afternoon snacks are Smart Food popcorn, Doritos, Goldfish crackers, vegetable chips, oat and honey crunchy granola bars, chocolate chip chewy granola bars, pretzels and milano cookies. Any questions about club offerings I can try to answer. We are here until late Wednesday.

I really like those offerings think. I like the protein at breakfast and the night offerings sound perfect for a light dinner. We tend to do ts for our main meal midday. I know where we are staying next visit!

Currently at Portofino in club level. For those who want to know the current evening offerings I thought I would share. It is a 6 night rotation with crudite,assorted cheeses, crackers and crostini and assorted salads offered every night. Day 1 (last night 12/8) was Jerk chicken, coconut rice and sweet plantains, Day 2 is beef enchiladas, rice and beans and grilled corn. Day 3 is herb baked or fried fish, couscous and cauliflower. Day 4 is is Asian beef and broccoli, lo mein noodles and stir fry vegetables. Day 5 is roasted pork loin with carbonara sauce, potatoes and grilled vegetables. Day 6 is BBQ chicken, Mac n cheese and broccoli. After day six it starts over again at day one. Breakfast yesterday was scrambled eggs, hash brown patties, bacon and baked beans, fruit, pastries, cereal and bagels. Did not have breakfast this morning as we had breakfast with the Grinch. Pre packaged afternoon snacks are Smart Food popcorn, Doritos, Goldfish crackers, vegetable chips, oat and honey crunchy granola bars, chocolate chip chewy granola bars, pretzels and milano cookies. Any questions about club offerings I can try to answer. We are here until late Wednesday.

Hi glad you are enjoying it! I had the same menu when I was there in June and loved it!

We really enjoy something as simple as scrambled eggs being part of breakfast, I wish other Club Levels would include this option.

Does anyone know if the Starbucks at Portofino accepts Starbucks gift cards? I know the one at CBBR does.

Does anyone know if the Starbucks at Portofino accepts Starbucks gift cards? I know the one at CBBR does.

Yes, I only ever use starbucks gift cards because of rewards. FYI it's a licensed store, which take gift cards but do not always redeem stars or free items.

Yes, I only ever use starbucks gift cards because of rewards. FYI it's a licensed store, which take gift cards but do not always redeem stars or free items.
Thanks! I have a ton of gift cards that I could put to good use. We are being walked from RPR to Portofino this upcoming trip due to a booking glitch. Is there a good location to request for two bay view rooms?

Thanks! I have a ton of gift cards that I could put to good use. We are being walked from RPR to Portofino this upcoming trip due to a booking glitch. Is there a good location to request for two bay view rooms?

I prefer to request the west wing because it's close to the main pool and the boat dock.

I prefer to request the west wing because it's close to the main pool and the boat dock.
We stayed in the west wing, perfect location close to boat and path, and pool. Nice views too. We were lucky enough to get the top floor with the stone balcony.

We stayed in the west wing, perfect location close to boat and path, and pool. Nice views too. We were lucky enough to get the top floor with the stone balcony.

Amazing! Did you specifically request a balcony or was it a surprise? I've heard they charge extra for them but I've never cared to get one because we wouldn't really get a chance to enjoy it.

Amazing! Did you specifically request a balcony or was it a surprise? I've heard they charge extra for them but I've never cared to get one because we wouldn't really get a chance to enjoy it.
When I checked in I asked if a balcony was available. I love beginning my day sitting on the balcony with my coffee. And in evening with a glass of wine!

Another quick question, I’ve seen reviews refer to a daily security deposit of one hundred dollars per room on TripAdvisor. I’m confused if they charge this amount even if you don’t select room charging privileges. I’ve always said I didn’t want to charge back and CBBR and RPR told me no problem and didn’t put any holds on my card. Do they put holds on your card as an additional security deposit?

Thanks for this. We stayed at the GF club in Disney that week, but we’re thinking of doing the Portofino next year. Way better breakfast offerings than any club level at Disney. The evening ones are just different, hard to compare. Good info!

Another quick question, I’ve seen reviews refer to a daily security deposit of one hundred dollars per room on TripAdvisor. I’m confused if they charge this amount even if you don’t select room charging privileges. I’ve always said I didn’t want to charge back and CBBR and RPR told me no problem and didn’t put any holds on my card. Do they put holds on your card as an additional security deposit?

I’m pretty sure this only applies when you use room charging privileges. We were there the weekend after Thanksgiving. We were offered charging privileges, but when we were told the daily card hold amount, we declined. Because we declined, there was no additional hold on our card.

I’m pretty sure this only applies when you use room charging privileges. We were there the weekend after Thanksgiving. We were offered charging privileges, but when we were told the daily card hold amount, we declined. Because we declined, there was no additional hold on our card.
Thanks! This answered my question exactly.

If we stay in one of the Despicable Me suites, do we get access to the club lounge? If not, is there a way to pay and have the lounge access added? Thanks!

If club is not booked up, you can add it

Call and add it to your reservation before you go

Club lounge can fill up so don’t wait until you check in

I would work with the hotel direct to discuss adding club

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!