PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

We checked out of Portofino yesterday after 4 nights and I don’t know how we’re ever going to go back to staying at Disney! The Portofino was SO nice, the staff, the room size, the pool, it was all amazing! Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread, it helped us choose a great resort and the resort ended up being our favorite part of the trip!

We checked out of Portofino yesterday after 4 nights and I don’t know how we’re ever going to go back to staying at Disney! The Portofino was SO nice, the staff, the room size, the pool, it was all amazing! Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread, it helped us choose a great resort and the resort ended up being our favorite part of the trip!

So happy to hear you had such a wonderful trip...…

And thank you for coming back to let us know how it went...….:)

Anyone know the approximate cost to add club level to a room at checkin if it is available?

I would call and ask if you want to be Club Level. It can sell out, and they won`t just squeeze extra people in if it`s full.

I see that you get access to the fitness center if you buy a spa treatment, but my DH just wants to work out. Can he just pay for fitness center access? How much is that?

I see that you get access to the fitness center if you buy a spa treatment, but my DH just wants to work out. Can he just pay for fitness center access? How much is that?
I just called concierge, and it is complimentary to hotel guests.
And I must say, that calling Portofino (I've done it twice now) is way, way less of a hassle than calling Disney.

And I must say, that calling Portofino (I've done it twice now) is way, way less of a hassle than calling Disney.

Yes, it`s been complimentary for hotel guests for quite a while now......I don't remember what the charge used to be, but ideal for those that want to take advantage...….:)

Hope you enjoy the Spa, it`s been years since I used it......it is lovely.

Hi so glad you enjoyed your stay there. When we stayed there this past summer we had a great experience and is now one of our favorite resorts.:thumbsup2

Hi this summer when we stayed club level we were so happy to find out that doing club level gave us free access to the spa. Unfortunately my two teens weren't old enough but they managed. The spa told me that it would cost about $10.00 a day to use if you are not staying there. I loved that perk. The steam room, sauna, and hot tub was so nice and not crowded at all. I hope you enjoy it! I found this club level and resort as one of our favorites now.:D

Booked 2 night club level queen room for 2 nights in November before our cruise. Are the club level rooms in a certain area of the resort? or do I need to make room requests? First timer for Universal! thank you

Booked 2 night club level queen room for 2 nights in November before our cruise. Are the club level rooms in a certain area of the resort? or do I need to make room requests? First timer for Universal! thank you

Hi the club rooms for the resort are scattered throughout the resort. The club lounge is on the main floor not to far from the check in desk. I had requested being on the same floor as the lounge only cause I have a special needs child and needed to be close. It was a great location. We had a view of the garden and enjoyed it. If you want or need to be close to the lounge request the main floor. The only thing is it is a request so it may not be granted. The resort is beautiful and it is now one of our favorites. Hands down best club level I have stayed at.

Just booked for April - first time here! We have stayed at RP, SF, CB and HR so far and we absolutely love the HRH but found a great AP rate and decided to try something new. I read through a bit of this thread but still I have a couple questions if you don't mind :)

Can you walk to City walk and the parks if so approx. how far?
Is there a grab & go type market/section where we could grab water/soda and maybe cereal & milk for a quick breakfast in the room?

Thanks - we know the layout and amenities of HRH so well its hard to switch to the unknown but we are exited to try this resort, it looks beautiful. Last time I booked here I got cold feet when a good HRH AP rate came out and I switched :)

edited to ask:

Can you safely walk to cabana bay - ? My 17yo nephew may or may not want to visit the parks every day so I looking for other things for him to do. Thinking he would enjoy the pool and game room at CB.

Last edited:
I’ll try and answer what I can. It’s a fantastic resort, we absolutely love it and I’m sure you will too. You can walk to the parks and citywalk, but I personally wouldn’t, it’s about a 15min walk. We walk so far inside the parks that I try to save my feet when I can and the boat service is exceptional.

We stayed club level so we never wanted for breakfast but I do believe there are places on resort to make a breakfast.

Walking to CBBR really isn’t feasible, that’s a heck of a walk. Best bet would be to take a boat into citywalk and a boat out to sapphire and then walk from there.

Just booked for April - first time here! We have stayed at RP, SF, CB and HR so far and we absolutely love the HRH but found a great AP rate and decided to try something new. I read through a bit of this thread but still I have a couple questions if you don't mind :)

Can you walk to City walk and the parks if so approx. how far?
Is there a grab & go type market/section where we could grab water/soda and maybe cereal & milk for a quick breakfast in the room?

Thanks - we know the layout and amenities of HRH so well its hard to switch to the unknown but we are exited to try this resort, it looks beautiful. Last time I booked here I got cold feet when a good HRH AP rate came out and I switched :)

edited to ask:

Can you safely walk to cabana bay - ? My 17yo nephew may or may not want to visit the parks every day so I looking for other things for him to do. Thinking he would enjoy the pool and game room at CB.

Yes, Sal’s has the type of breakfast options you’re looking for.....

Cabana Bay is around a 20 minute walk from Citywalk......if he was walking back from the parks, the path will take him right there.....he can walk past RP and Sapphire Falls and then next stop is Cabana Bay.

It’s a well lit pathway and plenty of folks do it.

Walking from PB to Citywalk and the parks isn’t too bad, took us around 15 minutes at not too fast a pace.......PB is a beautiful resort........I wouldn’t let the distance from the parks put me off staying there, it’s not far at all and there’s always the boats.......:)

You will enjoy PBH. It is a beautiful Resort. It is one of my favorites.

It has three pools.....Beach Pool (has water slide) and fun activities for kiddos and adults. The more serene Villa Pool.
You can get drink service and food service at these 2 pools. The food and drinks are very good. I have never spent any time at hillside pool.

Like Schumi said above you can grab some quick breakfast items at Sal’s.

There is also a Starbucks in the Piazza and a small place that is connected to Starbucks that sells small boxes of cereal and rolls and breakfast sandwiches.

Lots of nice options for a quick breakfast.

There is a Starbucks at CityWalk. There is also a Cinnabon and Starbucks right next to each other in IOA and a Starbucks in US if you want to hold off till you get to the parks.

There is a nice walking path from PBH and the walk is doable, but if you are going to be in the parks all day I would save the steps and take the water taxi that is a perk of staying at PBH.

Have a great trip to Universal and a wonderful stay at Portofino Bay :)pixiedust:

Thanks everyone - going to stay put :)

Sounds like we can grab some cereal & milk to speed up our mornings and there are enough activities to keep my nephew happy. I am content to use the boat but sometimes the older kids get antsy if there is a wait and want to walk and frankly the walk from HRH spoiled all of us! Looking forward to trying something new and the pool areas look great.

We travel with my sil niece & nephew so its a bit more stress to try and make sure everyone will be happy but I think we will all enjoy this resort!

not too many use them but there is the option of taking the bus from PB to CityWalk and transferring to a bus to Cabana Bay.

I have a 4 night stay at PB booked for October. It is a 2 bedroom suite garden view. Does anyone have a recommendation on what room numbers would be the best and can you request certain rooms. We have the regular suite with and attaching king bedroom and attaching 2 queen bedroom. Are balconies available on garden view rooms? Just wondering if it is even worth requesting certain rooms or not.

do you know what type of suite it is? We’ve stayed in all catagory suites and can give you recommendations. Is it Portofino, Villa or Hospitality suite?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!