Portofino LAY OFFS

hhnfreak

Former UO VIP Resort Guide, now flying the HEAVY j
My best friend was layed off today along with 40 or 50 other middle managers.

The hotel is about 7% occupied.
They are losing lots of money.

LISTEN AMERICA, BY CANCELLING OR NOT VISITING THESE PLACES, AND OTHERS, YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT THE TERRORIST WANT: THE DESTRUCTION OF OUR ECONOMY, WITH UNEMPLOYMENT HIGHER THAN EVER IN HISTORY.
GO OUT TO DINNER TONIGHT, IF YOU ARE STILL EMPLOYED, VISIT KNOTTS BERRY FARM THIS WEEKEND, PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR JOBS BECAUSE OF YOU.

im doing my part, 25 days til im orlando bound.

old key west and hard rock hotel here i come!!

I just got back from Fort Lauderdale on the 15th of this month.It was suppose to be the 12th but due to the tragic events (god bless the victims and their families) we didn't get a flight out until the 15th. We are going to the HRH December 1-5th and hope the hotel and/or the airline does not go bankrupt in that time.I look forward to traveling as I always have.

Originally posted by Barry Hom
I think Disney is running 30%. They usually run 90%.

Anyone know how HRH is doing?

90% in Sept.? I have a freind that is a manager at one of the WDW resorts & says they never run a 90% occupancy rate mid Sept. Where are these statistics coming from? After Labor Day until the end of Sept. is usually the slowest time of year as is the beginning of Jan. & beginning of Dec.

We're still going during the last week of October (as long as dh is still employed):rolleyes:

Why the heck would Portofino need 50 managers?Do you mean Loews?

We were at Portofino about 2 weeks before the disaster happened and it seemed about 7% occupied even at that time! (I'm sure it was more occupied than that, but it just seemed so empty.) We were actually the only people at the pools for 2 days in a row, with the exception of maybe 2 other couples at the most. It is an absolutely gorgeous resort, but very lonely. They need to come up with different ways to draw people in...maybe run some specials that are too great for people to turn down.

Well, let me clear it up: I heard Disney's occupancy rate runs usually 90%. It may be lower during slower times. I know that the rate is pretty high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter