Portugal meets thread

Sorry - I just didn't have any time to post while we were in London - I over-scheduled our time there! For any ABBA lovers who have trips planned to London, the ABBA Voyage concert is a must do - an 11 out of 10. One of my favorite concerts - and I have been to quite a few. It's not holograms - they look so real and the lighting effects and sound are amazing!

I have read the Disboard guidelines about posting links to other websites, and sincerely hope that this not a violation, but wanted to mention an amazing trip report by one of the other guests on our Portugal trip. It is pretty comprehensive so I'm not sure I can add anything to what she wrote, and in fact my husband is the one that made the reservation for one of the OYO meals that she mentions (fish grilled on the street with the gelato side trip). You can search Family Travel Magazine for Adventures by Disney Portugal Trip Report. The post is dated 8/23/22.

As for my original question about what to wear for kayaking, I wore a t-shirt and an athletic skort (Lululemon in a stretchy fabric similar to what Athleta or Old Navy also carries). I wore Kadee Crocs but also saw people in flip flops and Teva type shoes. The river was very calm so I just got dribbled on from the oars and my rear end got a little wet but dried within an hour. Your body doesn't actually ever enter the water - you get pushed in to the water and pulled out at the end. Some people did change but the bathroom near the kayak site was not ideal for changing.

I will second the comments in the trip report about the bridge climb. I do NOT like heights, but looked at the website of the company that runs the bridge climb - Porto Bridge Climb and they had a video specifically for people afraid of heights under Media. You can see that there is 3 feet of cement on either side of you, and there is cement underneath your feet the whole time so you aren't looking through to the river as you climb. The thought of it was much scarier than the reality, and I had originally decided I was not going to do it but changed my mind once I got there. I am so glad that I did it.

I am happy though to answer any specific questions about this trip! Just go - it was so much fun!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter