Positive thoughts please-ups and downs p.42

Also thinking of and praying for you and Richard. I hope you had a blast with Grace :)

I had so much fun with her. I saw her way more than I thought I would. My postponed birthday dinner was so awesome. We ended up playing Cards against Humanity and cried laughing. My parents are kind of proper about things but they’re way more relaxed now that they’re older, that and we suggested drinking lol

Having to explain what a taint is to my mom was a highlight along with having to say bleached ******* in front of her and her doubling over in laughter and wiping away her tears.

It’s been a while since I updated. That’s because there isn’t much of one, I’m afraid.

We are getting another railing added to our outside back steps next week so the home visit can happen after that. Then, once any additional renovations are made (likely a bannister added to the upstairs stairs so there’s one on both sides of the stairwell), Richard can finally come home. He’ll be in a wheelchair and he’ll either receive wound care at home, or he’ll be in two casts and they need changing every two or three weeks.

Sorry, that’s really all I have for now.
The official start of all this is now being called a Staph infection that grew into everything else. We’ll never know for sure exactly how he got the infection in the first place.

Everything is on hold until the visit is done. Then I’m sure I’ll have two updates a day lol

Have a great weekend :)

Last edited:

At least things are moving along, even if slowly.
Hang in there, you are going in the right direction now :hug:

Did you find a bungalow style home to rent or are you staying put?

Staying put for the moment. I’ll find out more when we have the home visit. I’m still looking, but it’s not as urgently as when I first found out.

Good morning @kimblebee - I just wanted to stop by and give you a little hug. :hug:

I was reading the current health insurance thread and shuddering, as usual. I couldn’t help but think how much more unbearable your ordeal would have been if you’d have had to be worried about the cost of care too. I’m so glad neither of us will ever have to live that nightmare. Have a great day! :wave2:

Good morning @kimblebee - I just wanted to stop by and give you a little hug. :hug:

I was reading the current health insurance thread and shuddering, as usual. I couldn’t help but think how much more unbearable your ordeal would have been if you’d have had to be worried about the cost of care too. I’m so glad neither of us will ever have to live that nightmare. Have a great day! :wave2:

It’s something we think about every so often. I really can’t imagine being in that situation.

Finally, finally, we have a date for the home visit. It will be on Wednesday during the morning. For the time being, I don’t think we’ll need to make any further modifications. We got the railing put on the back steps on Friday. So, fingers crossed, he might be home next week. I’m excited and scared at the same time.

This thread is a great example of how much a waste of energy worrying is. You've been through sheer anguish at various points along the way and yet things have managed to work out. You guys have come so far. I know it hasn't been easy, but you will get there a day at a time. Looking forward to the day I read how he's on your nerves for doing this or that. Then he will be truly home, you guys will be snugly back in a daily routine and all this worry will be far away.

Finally, finally, we have a date for the home visit. It will be on Wednesday during the morning. For the time being, I don’t think we’ll need to make any further modifications. We got the railing put on the back steps on Friday. So, fingers crossed, he might be home next week. I’m excited and scared at the same time.

Great news !

You are starting the home stretch now

Hope all goes smooth and Richard is back home this month

This thread is a great example of how much a waste of energy worrying is. You've been through sheer anguish at various points along the way and yet things have managed to work out. You guys have come so far. I know it hasn't been easy, but you will get there a day at a time. Looking forward to the day I read how he's on your nerves for doing this or that. Then he will be truly home, you guys will be snugly back in a daily routine and all this worry will be far away.

We already know we’ll be getting on each other’s nerves lol
There’s still feet of snow outside so going for ‘walks’ are out for at least a month. We don’t have a very big main floor so his world is about to get a lot smaller. I can always go upstairs thought if we need some alone time.

I'm really glad things are improving and moving forward for both of you. Keep thinking good thoughts and take care of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter