Possible change in "code" policy??

golfgal

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=green>When did vacu
There was a code thread on the resorts board that had a personal code, 3 letter type code. It was removed because it went against board policy. Someone in that thread mentioned that the 3 letter code was one they got so I looked at the email code that I got and there were no letter codes on the email, just a pin number. I wonder if the 3 letter codes are gone for email/postcards to help cut down on those people trying to use them without actually having one?

I think so, I usually get a e-mail once a month, but this month I got a post-card again to join DVC-Hello $14,000.

I think what happens is the email or post cards have a PIN # on them. You call CRO or WDWTC and give them the PIN. The PIN allows them to identify who it was sent to and what the offer was. When they pull up that info, the agent gets the 3 letter code associated with that PIN and uses the 3 letter code to book it in their system. When I called to book a client with a PIN code, the CM talked herself through the reservation...she was mumbling "so the PIN goes here...and that's for Mrs. Smith of Town, State, right?" I confirmed that and she says "so, that means this is code XXX and I put XXX over here to get the prices." I think what happened is that someone spoke with a CM who told them the 3 letter code and it got posted on the boards. A few people were able to book with it because the phone CMs they spoke with didn't look up the info on the code and see it required a PIN number.

That's speculation, but between the cm who talked herself through it and the one who told me the PIN wasn't a code, that I needed 3 letters and when I gave him the 3 letters that the first CM had mumbled (both clients got the same email offer) he went on to book the reservation and even though I offered the PIN at least 4 times he kept telling me he didn't need it. That the client could show it at check in.

In my case, I had called a few times to see if I had a pin (a lot of email goes to spam..so just in case...). I was told no. The last time I called, I asked again, and mentioned I had used this three letter "code" in the past, and gave her the code (which is what I had before). She then said yes, I qualified and I got the pin code rate. I do not need to bring a post card, since it appears these may be tied to your name. Some people got them in emails and don't have a postcard. It seems that, to look up to see if I had it, without my having a pin number, she needed the code letters. Once I had that, she was able to tie it to me. All speculation on my part, but I have my confirmation, and it actually says nothing on it, other than the price. I just booked our neighbors this past weekend with a pin (she got a postcard this week), and they gave me her code when I asked..which was the same as mine. I asked if she needed to bring her post card, and was told no, that all the desk needs, is her confirmation number or name.

Who are you getting the email from? Do I need to be registered at a particular website??? :confused3

My neighbors say they have never signed up for anything or gone to any Disney site..so who the heck knows why we get them:confused3

Okay, I have to join this conversation because I have a question about this issue?? I was awarded some sort of magic, as I had a code appear one day....maybe it has to do with the CM, because MANY said no, no, no, and then lo and behold, one day I was able to book one with a FABULOUS CM. I know that I have been sent a postcard in the past, but tossed it as we were not planning to go back soon, but plans change :) I think she just took the time to look. Anyway, I am going with no pin number in hand, nor a postcard. All that I have in hand is my confirmation letter, which like another poster's, states NOTHING about a code, just the price. Need I be worried that I will somehow be denied at check-in? I asked over and over again to the CM whether it would be a problem that I didn't have something PHYSICAL in hand, and she repeatedly said no. But some posters here have stated otherwise. Does anyone have the official word on this for those of us who were lucky enough to have something appear next to our name? THANKS!

I wouldn't worry about it.

I wonder if "paying rack rate at check-in" is an urban legend?
Not that anyone would admit to having to pay rack rate at check in because they used a code that they weren't suppose to :)

Need I be worried that I will somehow be denied at check-in?
No, I have only heard that my cousin's best friends, aunt's sister was charged rack rate. I have never seen an email from the person who actually was then charged rack rate. Now, if you told them you are a Floridian or have an AP, you should be prepared to back THAT up. I have never brought my postcard..even when I actually got one, and certainly not when I've gotten the price just because a CM told me I could. I think the people who have heard of people who had to pay rack rate at check in, after being given a pin code rate, also have a cousin's best friends aunt, who had a neighbor who's child was brought into the rest room at Disney, had their hair color changed, and was then kidnapped.

Of course, I'll deny I posted this, if they charge you rack rate LOL!

EEyorelover22 said:
I wouldn't worry about it.

I wonder if "paying rack rate at check-in" is an urban legend?
Not that anyone would admit to having to pay rack rate at check in because they used a code that they weren't suppose to :)

I believe it is the stuff of legends, fabricated by those not lucky enough to get discounts.

I wouldn't worry at all. I made a AAA room-only reservation, and the confirmation I got via snail-mail told me in very obvious print that I must bring AAA card with me.

If your confirmation doesn't say you have to bring anything, then you don't have to bring anything.

DMRick said:
Need I be worried that I will somehow be denied at check-in?
No, I have only heard that my cousin's best friends, aunt's sister was charged rack rate. I have never seen an email from the person who actually was then charged rack rate. Now, if you told them you are a Floridian or have an AP, you should be prepared to back THAT up. I have never brought my postcard..even when I actually got one, and certainly not when I've gotten the price just because a CM told me I could. I think the people who have heard of people who had to pay rack rate at check in, after being given a pin code rate, also have a cousin's best friends aunt, who had a neighbor who's child was brought into the rest room at Disney, had their hair color changed, and was then kidnapped.

Of course, I'll deny I posted this, if they charge you rack rate LOL!

Prior to the present PIN system postcards said they had to be turned in. Internet sites, not disboards, spread the codes and people who didn't get the postcards were booking the discounted rate.

Pete actually posted that guests who didn't have the post cards were being charged rack rate. It might be urban legend but I wouldn't expect that he'd be posting misinformation.

I agree if your confirmation doesn't specify the need for a postcard I wouldn't worry BUT if you think you lucked out with a cooperative CM I sure wouldn't look to change my reservation and risk losing a questionable discount.

Lewisc said:
Prior to the present PIN system postcards said they had to be turned in. Internet sites, not disboards, spread the codes and people who didn't get the postcards were booking the discounted rate.

Pete actually posted that guests who didn't have the post cards were being charged rack rate. It might be urban legend but I wouldn't expect that he'd be posting misinformation.

I agree if your confirmation doesn't specify the need for a postcard I wouldn't worry BUT if you think you lucked out with a cooperative CM I sure wouldn't look to change my reservation and risk losing a questionable discount.

I should add that I'm in this situation and I've called every day looking for a different room and nobody has questioned the discount. CM's have specified rooms available at the discount rate and mentioned others not available at the discount rate, but nobody has questioned my discount.

I can only surmise that I had a pin associated with my name. But if that is the case, why was I never notified?

BostonRob said:
I should add that I'm in this situation and I've called every day looking for a different room and nobody has questioned the discount. CM's have specified rooms available at the discount rate and mentioned others not available at the discount rate, but nobody has questioned my discount.

I can only surmise that I had a pin associated with my name. But if that is the case, why was I never notified?

The USPS may have lost the postcard, someone in your house may have thrown it out as junk or your ISP may have filtered a discount email as bulk or junk.

CRO may have found a PIN associated with your name BUT if someone made a mistake or did you a favor changing your resort might give you trouble. If you're looking for a lateral change POR to POFQ for example I wouldn't bother.

Lewisc said:
A lot of times info gets posted on someone's say so. Once someone I actually have heard about myself, has a problem, then I'll accept it. If Pete had said it happened to him, I would be concerned. I have changed my ressie in the past, and I did again today, with no repercussions. I'm talking about the Postcard/pins of today, since I assume that is what people are interested in. I've already used this particular code, and I will say that I was told, by a Disney TA, if you need to bring something (such as an AP) it will be stated on your confirmation, as mine has been in the past for my AP. This one just has the price. BTW, since when are favors (or pixie dust) not allowed? I've gotten a few of those too from sweet CM's, who I assume Disney has granted to right to :teeth:

weluvpluto said:
You're best off to register at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/index
and I would also request a free vacation planning kit.

Unfortunately though, just because you're registered does not mean you'll get a coveted email, I haven't gotten one yet:sad2:,

I've been registered there for years, gotten countless vacation planning kits over the years, and only got postcards twice ever...and that was years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter