Possible guest recovery?

We were cancelled in April and didn't re-book under free dining because we were booked under a bounceback offer and were able to re-schedule under the same bounceback for October. Still holding onto the October trip, but if we do cancel, we will lose our bounceback because any future trip would be outside of the offer parameters. We'd have to wait and see what offers, if any, come out next year before we'd re-book.

OK so maybe that's how the offer works for everyone who lost their dining outside of the park closure cancellations? Although I am still trying to figure out who exactly will be offered the 35%. It's not shocking though that WDW would strip everything, offer some kind of compensation but then limit how / when you can use it. Frustrating overall.

I'm just irked that I missed out on the last trip with my youngest daughter being under the age of 3. Reality hit me in the face with the the price tag of adding another set of tickets and food.

If that's the worst impact of all this, I'll take it.

I'm just irked that I missed out on the last trip with my youngest daughter being under the age of 3. Reality hit me in the face with the the price tag of adding another set of tickets and food.

Not to downplay that at all, but we had a party of 5. We just got kicked down a flight of stairs, it's depressing as we booked in Jan for my daughters grad / bday. Two of my kids have ASD and are fairly confused on why our countdown board has been paused. Selfish of me maybe, but I am just frustrated that those who booked with dining are unable to re-book with their promo as this took away our trip. =(

Mainly because Disney DID offer some recovery to the March/April guests (when they assumed/hoped this thing would only last a few weeks (probably like it should have)). I will admit .. I kept my June reservation (knowing it would be cancelled) in case they were also going to offer some sort of "come back" offer when they cancelled my reservation.

But I agree .. Disney doesn't NEED to do anything but offer a full, no strings, refund. I also don't think they really need to do anything THIS year to encourage people to come back .. at least until they feel things will be back to full "normal". When they are ready to transition to FULL capacity, I am sure they will toss out some promotions to QUICKLY fill those rooms with "last minute" vacation plans.

But I think a lot of people are disillusioned with planning ANY vacation in the near future now and are going to shift to way cheaper and more flexible vacations this summer and fall .. so eventually Disney will probably need to encourage ALL guests to come back (not just the cancelled ones)

Yeah that may have been short sighted of Disney to offer it then. I'm guessing it was an "Oh crap we gotta cancel all of these people, give them a discount." Then they realized this was going to take much longer than we expected. I don't think anybody knew just how widespread the virus was at the point they closed.

Sorry to hear that .. the "free before 3" time is pretty awesome. Honestly .. Disney could let all pre-school age kids in for free (at least just the tickets). I am sure they would more than make up for it in food/souvenirs or experiences. :)

Sorry to hear that .. the "free before 3" time is pretty awesome. Honestly .. Disney could let all pre-school age kids in for free (at least just the tickets). I am sure they would more than make up for it in food/souvenirs or experiences. :)

What really does it is accommodations. I typically bring my mother with us, so now that's a party of 6. We could atleast jam into a 5 person room at Riverside and be OK. The kids are too small to think about two rooms just in the off chance they are not connected. So that leaves me with Family Suites which easily adds $1000+ to just the room cost.

Yea that's kind of the same feeling you get when your kid turns 10 and becomes a disney adult.....

Right now Disney need to decrease to whatever the new capacity will be,required by the state. So they put out the temporary guidelines, let guests make the decision to cancel. Then will see where they can increase.

Last edited:
Right now Disney need to decrease to whatever the new capacity will be,required by the state. So they put out the temporary guidelines, let guests make the decision to cancel. Then will see where they can increase.

Disney is going lower then state mandates though.
Much is driven that their long term success with the parks is dependent not becoming a source of infections. The worst case scenario is MK being labeled as a source in the news. Depending on scope and a thousand other what-ifs related to community spread/treatments/vaccines/etc, if severe enough, it could take years to recover from that type of exposure. And as the bigger draw compared to UO and SeaWorld, that's why Disney is coming back in a much slower fashion.

It would be nice if Disney would give some special consideration for those of us who had reservations that were cancelled, if even just a first shot at making new reservations. My trip involved a Vacation Club member who (understandably) would now prefer not to use her points during the pandemic restrictions, Florida resident pass holders (who are now in their blockout dates which have not been lifted), and myself (having a vacation time use it or lose it by July 24th situation). Not Disney's fault but I would dearly love to get a first shot at planning something before I have to pack it in and go to Universal.

That would be true if Disney was limiting it’s guests to those within the state. However, they are welcoming guests from around the country, and maybe even international guests that are not affected by a travel ban. They are taking precautions with that set of cases and hotspots in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!