Possible new annual pass promotion coming

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
I called MS earlier this afternoon to renew our gold passes and was casually advised to "hold off just a couple of days and keep checking the member web site". Because this came up through some off-the-cuff conversation and maybe should not have been revealed, I obviously won't post the name of the cast member who helped me. However, this person seemed a bit more in-the-know than usual. I suspect he/she may have been a manager or someone higher up filling in to mitigate the "unusually high call volume" I was informed of at the beginning of the call. I was promised that the 13-month promotion would still be in effect, that the price would not be going up, and that I would be happy with whatever is coming.

I have no further information, but figured I'd share this little nugget in case anyone was about to buy or renew an annual pass in the next few days.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about an annual pass again for next year and I'm interested in seeing exactly what they offer.

How early can one renew their AP? Can you renew it 6 mo. in advance to lock in a deal?

Ugh. I just bought APs last week but am not activating them until late August. Did I miss the boat or will any new promotions apply if I haven't activated them yet?

Ugh. I just bought APs last week but am not activating them until late August. Did I miss the boat or will any new promotions apply if I haven't activated them yet?
See what is announced, and then call. They have some flexibility in the first 30 days after your purchase.

Interesting. I can't wait to see what it is. Of course I just activated my 13 month AP two weeks ago, so it probably won't help me.

Are there ever promotions on first time purchases (with dvc discount)? Or only on renewal. Going in Dec, so I have some time. Thanks

Are there ever promotions on first time purchases (with dvc discount)? Or only on renewal. Going in Dec, so I have some time. Thanks
Last year, the 13 month promotion applied to both new and renewals. This year could be the same or different. We'll see.

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 10.10.26 AM.png

Awesome deal! I just came across this myself and decided to come here and see if everyone knew! Member Services verified this when I called, as well!

Well, the timing is typical for my luck. We paid extra for platinum for NYE last year, and are planning NYE for 2018-2019, so they slipped this right in where it's useless to us. :sad2::badpc:
:confused3

It makes sense, though. Always keep in mind that their main goal is to keep you on Disney property at all times. With that in mind, I wonder is there's something new over at another theme park that would provoke Disney to push free water park admissions on their guests? Hmmmmmmmmmmm....... ;)

:beach:

Well, the timing is typical for my luck. We paid extra for platinum for NYE last year, and are planning NYE for 2018-2019, so they slipped this right in where it's useless to us. :sad2::badpc:
:confused3

It makes sense, though. Always keep in mind that their main goal is to keep you on Disney property at all times. With that in mind, I wonder is there's something new over at another theme park that would provoke Disney to push free water park admissions on their guests? Hmmmmmmmmmmm....... ;)

:beach:

Important Information

• Pass must be purchased by January 3, 2018. First use must occur by December 31, 2018.
  • Annual passes are valid for 365 days from the date of redemption.
  • Renewals will be valid for 365 days from the original Pass Anniversary Date.
  • Renewals can be purchased 60 days prior to the expiration date.
  • Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.
  • This offer is part of Membership Extras. New purchasers after April 4, 2016 must purchase directly from Disney to have access to Membership Extras.
@ScubaCat why can't you use this deal for next NYE?

Marketing 101 to help keep the parks full pending TSL / SWL opening. Very similar to the Premium AP offer they ran in 2012 for $425. We took advantage of that offer and visited WDW for 25 park days (w/multiple PH'ing), 3 WP days and once at DQ (RIP :(). Worked out to $14.91 per person park/WP/DQ visit! I suspect there won't be any real 'deals' after the new lands open up. This appears to be a good deal if you are already planning on visiting multiple times during the time period. And IMO, this is also an early indication of the eventual 'Expiration Date' on all tickets.

PS - can I get a Like for my 500th post. :rockband:

So we are headed to WDW in about 2 weeks. We already have 9 day base tickets bought through UT. Would we be able to upgrade to this offer while there and if so, what would it cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter