Possible new annual pass promotion coming

I wonder if they'll upgrade us to platinum if we call? We purchased Gold back in Feb before the price increase but haven't used them yet.

I wonder if they'll upgrade us to platinum if we call? We purchased Gold back in Feb before the price increase but haven't used them yet.
No. A poster on a different site (name of which can't be posted here) called and was told they had to do it at WDW when they activated the pass.

No. A poster on a different site (name of which can't be posted here) called and was told they had to do it at WDW when they activated the pass.
that's too bad. I think we'll call anyway and try our luck. It would be nice to go to the water parks.

@ScubaCat why can't you use this deal for next NYE?

Because it's the NEXT, next one we're going to. This one will be good for the upcoming NYE, not Dec 2018-Jan 2019.

I was on the fence, but JUST because they did this, I'm definitely driving over for a day trip to Volcano Bay in September. It looks awesome, and they have the taputapu bands that give you return times so you don't spend half your day in line. Why hasn't Disney implemented the magicband/return time setup for their water park attractions? Oh yeah, because they didn't have competition before and didn't care. Let's see how long it takes them to get that set up now that they have a serious competitor.

Well, the timing is typical for my luck. We paid extra for platinum for NYE last year, and are planning NYE for 2018-2019, so they slipped this right in where it's useless to us. :sad2::badpc:
:confused3

It makes sense, though. Always keep in mind that their main goal is to keep you on Disney property at all times. With that in mind, I wonder is there's something new over at another theme park that would provoke Disney to push free water park admissions on their guests? Hmmmmmmmmmmm....... ;)

:beach:
:rotfl2:

If I buy them online, but I currently have active AP's will they send the voucher or attach them to my mde automatically? I really don't want them attached because I don't trust them to not accidentally activate them.

I don't want to renew because I am not sure about my 2018 trip(s), if I'm only going once I would want to restart my AP cycle in Nov 2018 with the vouchers.

Thank you so much for the information! Now purchasing Platinum Plus APs looks a lot more reasonable for our family of six!

Because it's the NEXT, next one we're going to. This one will be good for the upcoming NYE, not Dec 2018-Jan 2019.

I was on the fence, but JUST because they did this, I'm definitely driving over for a day trip to Volcano Bay in September. It looks awesome, and they have the taputapu bands that give you return times so you don't spend half your day in line. Why hasn't Disney implemented the magicband/return time setup for their water park attractions? Oh yeah, because they didn't have competition before and didn't care. Let's see how long it takes them to get that set up now that they have a serious competitor.

ohhhh. I thought planning for NYE 2018-2019 meant Dec 2018-Jan 2019.

ohhhh. I thought planning for NYE 2018-2019 meant Dec 2018-Jan 2019.

If we didn't have passes from last year (purchased JUST before the 13 month promo went into effect, of course), I could purchase the new APs and activate them after NYE this year and we'd be fine. But that would mean I'd actually benefit from the promotion, which means they'd change it again to make sure that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

On the bright side, looking forward to Krakatau!!

If buying for the first time, do you get 13months?

I don't think so. That promo was October 2016 thru January 2017. Then, when people such as myself, complained vehemently about just missing it by 2 weeks, they extended it for renewals until October of this year so we'd all get a shot at the 13 months.

So we are headed to WDW in about 2 weeks. We already have 9 day base tickets bought through UT. Would we be able to upgrade to this offer while there and if so, what would it cost?
Do your 9 day tix have an expiration date or a "must use by" date on them? If not, you might want to hold onto those for a bit longer and then take advantage of this offer. If your finances allow, that is.

So we are headed to WDW in about 2 weeks. We already have 9 day base tickets bought through UT. Would we be able to upgrade to this offer while there and if so, what would it cost?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/page-101 - see post #2017 - I asked a similar question and I think you'd pay the difference between $559 and what you paid for the 9-day UT tickets. We have 7-day PHs that we were planning to upgrade to the Gold AP when we go in August; now we'll upgrade to PP for the same difference.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/page-101 - see post #2017 - I asked a similar question and I think you'd pay the difference between $559 and what you paid for the 9-day UT tickets. We have 7-day PHs that we were planning to upgrade to the Gold AP when we go in August; now we'll upgrade to PP for the same difference.

I am in the same situation. I have 7-day UT PH tickets (the older ones without expiration) that I was planning to upgrade to Gold APs in November. I don't have the numbers at my fingertips, but I believe it was app. a $120-130 difference. I will be very happy if I can upgrade to PP for same price! I'll feel better when someone confirms there are no rules prohibiting an upgrade from an existing UT ticket.

I am in the same situation. I have 7-day UT PH tickets (the older ones without expiration) that I was planning to upgrade to Gold APs in November. I don't have the numbers at my fingertips, but I believe it was app. a $120-130 difference. I will be very happy if I can upgrade to PP for same price! I'll feel better when someone confirms there are no rules prohibiting an upgrade from an existing UT ticket.

If I had the non-expiring tickets, I'd just hold onto them for a future trip. I kick myself for not jumping on them when they were still available!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter