Possible Peter Pan's Flight Refurb in Jan?

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
Don't think I've seen PP on any pending refurb/closure lists, if I've missed it I apologize.

FWIW, Disney announced new "Disney After Hours" event dates from December-March this AM. The event details contain the following note:

*Please be aware that Peter Pan's Flight will be closed on January 7, January 17 and January 24 in 2019.

Unless it's just a closure during these particular event evenings for overnight work, this smells like a possible refurb closure to me.

@rteetz - correct me if I'm behind on any ride news with this one.

Don't think I've seen PP on any pending refurb/closure lists, if I've missed it I apologize.

FWIW, Disney announced new "Disney After Hours" event dates from December-March this AM. The event details contain the following note:

*Please be aware that Peter Pan's Flight will be closed on January 7, January 17 and January 24 in 2019.

Unless it's just a closure during these particular event evenings for overnight work, this smells like a possible refurb closure to me.

@rteetz - correct me if I'm behind on any ride news with this one.
Interesting, I have heard any news yet on a refurb.

I looked but might have missed it. Is there a refurb schedule thread somewhere on these boards? With an end of Jan early Feb trip coming up, it would be nice to keep an eye on. I know that is typically a Splash refurb time, and one of the waterparks though I don't care about that.

I looked but might have missed it. Is there a refurb schedule thread somewhere on these boards? With an end of Jan early Feb trip coming up, it would be nice to keep an eye on. I know that is typically a Splash refurb time, and one of the waterparks though I don't care about that.
I put big refurbs on the major completion date thread. Wdwinfo.com does have a refurb list.

And added to EMM:
Newly Expanded Early Morning Magic
Beginning December 2, 2018, the expanded Early Morning Magic opens, offering limited-entry, early access to twice as many Fantasyland attractions!

The Fun
Greet the day the early-morning-fun way with these 7 iconic Fantasyland attractions:

*Not available January 8, January 15, January 22, January 29, February 3 or February 5, 2019

I’m starting to mentally prepare myself that it might not be open for our quick visit. It’s my favorite attraction and my kids are going through a major Peter Pan phase right now! Booooo.

Thanks for the heads up (and I’m hoping it’s just overnight work but realize that’s probably not likely.)

We shall see!

WHY???????
(Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against refurbs, but I'm hoping they end up delaying this one two weeks or so)
I don’t see a delay happening. They are telling guests booking Early Morning Magic that it will be closed during those dates.

I don’t see a delay happening. They are telling guests booking Early Morning Magic that it will be closed during those dates.

Yeah, I figured that was probably the case. Doesn't mean I can't still hope for it. I'll just show up at WDW sad and disappointed.

I was hoping they’d wait until after New Year’s week! We’ll get on it after all. Thanks for the update.

I have read a number of post where PP has stopped on here and it stopped on us twice in September. When it resumes it's a neck breaker. The ride needs work for sure.

How many attractions are usually down at one time? In MK this would be at least three during this time period. I recognize that this is a major attraction vs. TS and WDW Railroad, but I know Splash usually goes down during this time as well, and I'm concerned. I recognize that January is usually known for low(er) crowds and a high rate of ride closings but closing anything else in this park would seem pretty heavy.

How many attractions are usually down at one time? In MK this would be at least three during this time period. I recognize that this is a major attraction vs. TS and WDW Railroad, but I know Splash usually goes down during this time as well, and I'm concerned. I recognize that January is usually known for low(er) crowds and a high rate of ride closings but closing anything else in this park would seem pretty heavy.
They usually don’t have more than 1-2 major attractions down at any given time.

The Disney After Hours page states that it's closed for the After Hours events on January 7, January 17, and January 24, 2019. But....There's also an After Hours scheduled for January 28th that it doesn't mention, which makes me wonder if the Feb. 2nd reopening date is just an "at the very latest" date... Any thoughts? We have tickets for After Hours on the 28th, so I'm crossing my fingers.

They usually don’t have more than 1-2 major attractions down at any given time.

So if this source is correct it seems that there will be more than 2 major (in my opinion) attractions down in Jan. The train, the speedway, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain is usual down during this time, Tom Sawyers Island is closed (I think I read that somewhere). Wow, that is a lot down all at one time in the Magic Kingdom, almost feels like being at the HS...:(

So if this source is correct it seems that there will be more than 2 major (in my opinion) attractions down in Jan. The train, the speedway, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain is usual down during this time, Tom Sawyers Island is closed (I think I read that somewhere). Wow, that is a lot down all at one time in the Magic Kingdom, almost feels like being at the HS...:(
Depends on your definition of major attractions. Many would consider the Speedway not a major attraction. Splash is not scheduled to go down at this time and I don't see it going down during this time.

Depends on your definition of major attractions. Many would consider the Speedway not a major attraction. Splash is not scheduled to go down at this time and I don't see it going down during this time.
That would make me so happy. I assumed for this trip Splash would be down, and since it's my favorite ride that made it hard to stomach. When I saw the train and Peter Pan as well I almost cancelled. The train is a kids favorite, and Peter Pan is one of mine, though not like Splash. So hopefully Splash will be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter