Is this strategy immoral?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaLikesAgua

Earning My Ears
DISCLAIMER: I posted this before speaking to in-person guest experience, who said that groups are filled in order. It is still worth possibly trying to see the results. Posting another strategy in a few based off this.
Don’t have any more days to test this for myself, but if anyone does, maybe try this after you’ve already experienced it and want to do some testing:

Ensure your party is in the park before 7. This may work best with a smaller party (<4).
1) Stand in any spot where you can be on Disney WiFi with full bars of connection. Fully close your app.
2) On your phone, the “clock” app is an actual clock with the seconds hand moving. From my experience, right when it hits 7, count to 3 Mississippi in your head. Then, open the MDE app. Assuming you aren’t unlucky that day and the systems work fine, you should be promoted with the join group button the first time. If not, go back to home page, and tap find out more, wait for it to load.
3) Quickly select your party and obtain a boarding group for everyone except yourself (or one person - a child or family member I recommend)
4) Right after all but one of your party gets their group, go back and grab one for yourself ASAP. If you get lucky and your family is 1-30 or so (which are all called within the first 90 minutes if everything is working semi-normally), I would say to not bother getting one for yourself - go to guest experiences and explain you aren’t on your family’s boarding group. They will 9.9/10 put you on your family’s.
5) If your group gets unlucky - say any higher number that seems ridiculous to you - get a group for yourself. If it’s bad, cancel your group and keep refreshing. Do this until you get a lower group (this plan works on the theory that not all groups are actually filled even if you don’t get a lower group and plays to the random nature of the group system).
6) Once/IF this works and you get a more favorable position (IE you get 28 and your family has 55+), now is the moment of truth: walk to guest experience team. This part is up to you. The goal is to get your party into one boarding group that you have already chose. The 2 scenarios:
A: your family needs to get onto your group because you got a more favorable one
B: you need to get with your family’s group because refreshing the groups didn’t get you any luck

Say something akin to “I couldn’t get all of us on the same group because (IE: I was rushing to choose myself and didn’t realize I left someone out). I had to do this, unintentionally, with a friend, where it didn’t recognize he was in the park. The CM should just say “what group are you/your family in?” And should just throw you into the desire group that either you or your family have.

That’s the strategy. This is untested and not for anyone who isn’t comfortable with “gaming the system,” “stretching the truth,” or view this as taking advantage of busy cast members. I understand why people may view this untested strategy as immoral - it quite literally involves lying - but it’s a possible strategy for anyone willing to do this and/or may have to leave earlier and the day and won’t be able to do the attraction otherwise.

Let me know what you think and if anyone tests it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!