Possible Swap Idea

patchchild

Mouseketeer<br><font color=deeppink>Shorties of th
Hello all.

I just finished a page swap with a local group of scrappers and the results were so fantastic that I'd love to start one here, if people are interested. Rather than swapping elements, pairs of people (like the 39 cent swap) swap pictures. Then, you scrap a page around that person's pictures and send back a final page, ready to be displayed.

Generally, you pick the size of the layout, send the pictures and one other piece, such as journaling words, an embellishment, title, or some ribbon you'd like used. You can also let your partner know if there are things you'd rather not have included. I know some people prefer not to have any metal on their pages. I’d suggest choosing either 8 x 8, 8 ½ x 11, or something smaller, just because it can be difficult to mail the larger pages. If I do have people interested in 12 x12 layouts, I’ll be sure to pair them together.

If there's interest, I'll post sign-ups some time next week.

This sounds really interesting. I could be up for it. I use both 12x12 and 8 1/2 x 11 so I could go either way.

I'd be interested. You could always make a layout as 8.5 x 11 and put it on a 12 x 12 page. Actually, I have done it a few times. They look good because they aren't like all of my other pages.

OOH! This one looks like fun. I could get some help on pages that I've "done" several times (i.e., Mickey) and am out of ideas! :cheer2:

Sounds like fun! I use 12 x 12 most of the times. I'd be interested in joining.

Anyone know a good way to send 12x12 paper? I don't think my local post office has anything that will hold those dimensions well.

I would be interested. Are newbies welcome? I scrap 12x12 most of the time.

The way I mailed mine.. Is ya know the cardboard chunks you get out of a package of 12x12 paper? (or you can make your own) I just placed my papers in between 2 pieces and tapped the sides closed and covered with brown mailing paper.

Sounds like there are enough 12x12 ideas that mailing them won't be a problem.

ChrisnSteph, everyone is very welcome! What I've really liked about this board is that people are very open to including everyone and every style.

At best, we each get back a page that we love. At worst, we get to see some new scrapping styles or ideas. Either way, we come out ahead.

I'm still catching up on this board after a week of computerlessness (is that a word? No, well, it should be.) I would definitely be interested in this. I think it'd be really fun!

I have heard of others mailing their 12x12 in pizza boxes (of course they weren't dirty). Maybe your local pizza shop would sell you a 'new' one. This is good with those the put lots of 'stuff' on their pages and they could get squashed in the mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter