Possibly time for an Add On?

aleh021

Mouseketeer
Looking for some advice...

I currently own at Poly and am looking to add on.

I was looking at a 50 point AKV contract. Do you guys think 50 points can take me a long way at AKV?
I was also thinking about Copper Creek...?

Thoughts?

How much do you enjoy walking?

Depending on the time of year you go, AKV-Jambo Value studio can range anywhere from 9pts/nt to 19pts/nt. So 50 points in any given year could buy you up to 5 nights in a studio, or as little as 2. But you have to commit the time and/or points to walk that reservation as it’s the only way to get a value studio at AKV... that or a ton of luck.

Only you know which resort gives you that certain feel when there and which resort has the look, location, and rooms that you love to stay in.

:earsboy: Bill

Only you know which resort gives you that certain feel when there and which resort has the look, location, and rooms that you love to stay in.

:earsboy: Bill
OP seems to be angling for the feeling of getting most bang for the buck/mileage out of points.

I’ll add that given the imbalance of points sold with the express intention for use in studios, and the actual number of studios at CCV, owning 50 points there with a plan of using them strictly for studios will become frustrating down the line once the entire resort has been declared and the cabins sit empty while owners find themselves locked out of studios at 11-months.

The challenge is that at AKV you have to expect not to always get a Value studio. But the studio situation at CCV is going to be rough, as stated. 78 bookable studios and all those cabin points.

With AKV just plan for Standard View (as low as 11 points/night). If you happen to get Value consider that a bonus (especially with it being as low as 8/night starting next year).

Last edited:
The challenge is that at AKV you have to expect not to always get a Value studio. But the studio situation at CCV is going to be rough, as stated. 78 bookable studios and all those cabin points.

That's very true. the situation at Poly has already been becoming a bit rough getting studios during certain times of the year.

my plan would be to do AKV every other year or every 2.

I have checked the availability of AKV value two bedroom lock-offs a few times this week. The rooms are never available at 8am exactly. So even if I were inclined to walk, it looks like there'd be no way to access the footpath! Would you consider booking value one bedrooms?

Looking for some advice...

I currently own at Poly and am looking to add on.

I was looking at a 50 point AKV contract. Do you guys think 50 points can take me a long way at AKV?
I was also thinking about Copper Creek...?

Thoughts?
It really depends on how you'd use them. Regardless of where you buy, I'd step back and take a look at how and where you tend to stay. I'd likely get the same UY in this situation even if it's not an ideal one. I'd either buy points to save money and use at 7 months out, likely SSR or I'd buy somewhere you want/need for reservations at 11 months out. Likely even more importantly, I'd take a step back and figure out how many points you really need. For studios I generally prefer a 10-20% cushion or sometimes more. The times when 20% or more is advisable would be for studios esp for lower seasons and particularly if looking at lower cost options like value at AKV where I might want an even larger cushion, at least enough for Savannah view during Magic season assuming one doesn't plan to go during premier. Look at your usually travel group and project 5-10 years don't the road. Often families need larger accommodations as the kids age and sometimes less as they get out on their own. I also think it's risky to try to routinely use 3 years points for an every third year trip. In this case I'd like enough to do every 2 years as a minimum even if it meant an occasional points rental.

Do you guys think 50 points can take me a long way at AKV?
the best way to assess what you need is to look at the points charts. Davids DVC rental has a good calculator which can help you see in one chart what the points are for the room size that you need for different times of the year. Then you can take that info to see what you can get for points for the budget you have to spend. For AKV you can not buy with the intention of using the value rooms. If you get them great, but usually they are very hard to get. So at least plan for getting a standard room.

It is tough to know what those 50 points will really get you because what you think your travel habits will be for the next couple of years will change down the road. If you are just looking at getting more points with a good value then look at SSR, it has a good price per point and the lowest MF on property.

With AKV just plan for Standard View (as low as 11 points/night). If you happen to get Value consider that a bonus (especially with it being as low as 8/night starting next year).

That's very true. the situation at Poly has already been becoming a bit rough getting studios during certain times of the year.

my plan would be to do AKV every other year or every 2.

If you go every other year, 100 points (+/- a few from borrowing) can get you a pretty long way at AKV!

(starts thinking about a wee add on at AKV ... )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!