Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

That's a fancy spot for a track campground. I was more used to a piece of grass or gravel in the middle of a field.

j

Boyd's Key West Campground.

We had a "Dockside" site.

View attachment 713639View attachment 713640
This was the view as I rolled over in the morning.

View attachment 713641

j
While I’ve given up the thought that my husband is going to want to “take up” camping in retirement, from time to time I scroll through the camping forum. I came across your photo a few days ago and was thinking about it again last night so just wanted you to know how much I’ve enjoyed looking at it. Key West seems like the perfect place to spend time.

I hope the two of you have many wonderful trips together.

I hope the two of you have many wonderful trips together.
Thank you, H2O.

We aren't retired yet, but are fortunate to either have plenty of benefit time off (me) or can work anywhere (DW) and we love to travel seeing new things. We started
"camping" because it was the cheapest way to travel. That has evolved into traveling comfortably and we really enjoy "camping". Me more so than DW, but she still has a perception that RV'ing is cheaper than flying/driving and staying in a hotel.

Key West is an amazing place to visit. It is a unique and beautiful place that seems to take your cares away. Even if you don't "camp", definitely try to spend some time there.

j

Thank you, H2O.

We aren't retired yet, but are fortunate to either have plenty of benefit time off (me) or can work anywhere (DW) and we love to travel seeing new things. We started
"camping" because it was the cheapest way to travel. That has evolved into traveling comfortably and we really enjoy "camping". Me more so than DW, but she still has a perception that RV'ing is cheaper than flying/driving and staying in a hotel.

Key West is an amazing place to visit. It is a unique and beautiful place that seems to take your cares away. Even if you don't "camp", definitely try to spend some time there.

j
Friends of ours are retired and have spent the last 14 years volunteering at national and state parks. Last year they bought a house in Vermont but we just got word that they’re heading to South Dakota so I guess being home bound didn’t stick.

I try to tell myself that we’d be broke if my husband enjoyed traveling as much as I do. Nice when couples are fairly compatible about traveling. We visited Key West for five too short days with Road Scholar — and saw a Disney ship in port.

Happy trails!

Not a fun site to back into. Tree on the left not visible due to angle and the pad is curved. We did it. Well me by myself. Kido couldn't be bothered with helping. Lol. The place is a blast though. Seasore camping resort in cape may NJ. We go every year.

Attachments

• 20230628_190124.jpg
    20230628_190124.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230628_190124.jpg
    20230628_190124.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230628_190106.jpg
    20230628_190106.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 10
July 4th week at the Tourist Campground in Munising Michigan. Were camped on lake Superior. We had a veiw of the Lake where as my sister's camp site was on the Lake giving us front row to some beautiful sunsets.
20230702_153811.jpg20230702_213124.jpg
We had one of our sons and 2 grandkids with us and made for a fun week.
20230814_234349.jpg

Ok, it's slow at work, I'm bored and I looked through here and thought I'd throw in a couple more pictures from some of our sites. I don't think I've posted them before. If I have, sorry.
This was at Gettysburg Campground in PA. Our shakedown trip 2014.
First Trip 5-23-14.jpg

June 2014 Fredericksburg KOA, Fredericksburg VA. Not our best trip. First there was absolutely no cell service.. None. Next, kids were playing baseball in the driveway. The ball hitting several vehicles. Parents did nothing. There was a huge open field less than 100yrds where they were at where they could play unobstructed and in the open without issue. At the time the park was kind of run down and needed some TLC.
6-15-14 Fredericksburg.jpg

July 2016, Candy Hill Campground, Winchester VA. This was a really nice campground. It had a little age on it, but the owners who lived on site were investing money into the place to make it really nice. The pool had just been refurbished. They had upgraded their power plant. They had a bus that ran into town to the ice cream parlor as well as other locations. Very nice place I'd give 4 stars. The site we ended up on was a premium site. There were only a couple of them in the campground and it was the only unoccupied site in the place. We were ok with it but really didn't need the included patio furniture and grill though it was very nice, especially if you were spending a week or so there.
7-1-16 Candy Hill Winchester VA.jpg

So these I probably have posted before, but I'll do it again as these used to be our go to stopovers on the way north and south from MD to FL before we moved to Florida for good. Maybe they're worth looking at by the folks traveling up and down 95 on the east coast as stopovers for campers. I'm posting in southbound order but we just reversed it on the way back.
The first one is Americamps RV resort. Right off of 95. I give this place 5 stars. The site we always stay on is exactly what we look for when we stay somewhere. We started using this place when my daughter was going to VCU in Richmond. It was about 3 hours from our house and made a nice base of operations when we went to visit her. The staff is really friendly and amazing. The pool is nice. They have waffle breakfast as well as ice cream and other small events. No restaurant but there are a lot of places within a short driving distance.
Americamps 2.jpg

Our next stopping point heading south is Fayetteville RV resort. I'd give this a 4 star rating based on what I've seen while we were there. Another easy on and off 95. Seems like we always get in after dark. No idea why that is, it just is! They always have our late arrival paperwork in the box when we get in. Anyway, lots of nice long pull through sites. We don't ever unhook. Everything is gravel. There are some premium sites with furniture on a concrete paved patio. There's a couple of pools there and they have the standard waffle breakfast. There's activities but we've never participated. Pretty much in and out for us. The only complaint I have is the last two times we've stayed there the breaker on the power pole has popped. It was the middle of summer both times and I'm pretty sure everybody in the place had full AC going. I know we did. I don't know if the issue has been resolved since the last time we were there- July 2020 but my advice is to make sure you have a good quality EMS attached, either hard wired on board or attached in line.
A couple of pictures of this campground.
My wife took this as we were leaving. I like it because it looks like a postcard the resort might send out. :)
20160403_105849 (1).jpg

My lovely wife demonstrating one of the paved patio sites. There's a couple of more chairs and a grill not in the picture.
Fayetteville RV 2 patio.jpg

Pulling out of the site in the morning.
Fayettville RV 1.jpg

Last stop on 95 before Florida is Coastal Georgia RV resort. Pretty nice place but the roads are tight. We try for an end site so you can just drive straight out onto the main road. If you have a big rig with a tow the whole place can be tight. Even the exit. Nice little lake, a pavilion, laundry and a small but nice pool.

Florida Christmas Vacation 2014 006.JPG
This was several years ago (2014) but we were there in 2020 and the place hadn't changed. What you can't see in this picture is how close the nose is to the road.

The site from behind. Tight but only one tire on the grass.
Florida Christmas Vacation 2014 007.JPG

From here, around 4 hours or less to Disney and another 30 minutes or so home for us depending on I-4 traffic... Hahahaha! Could be hours!

@team bradfield Looks like Margaritaville. That's about 10 minutes from my house. Be prepared though, weather is going to be bad here too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!