Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

This is a place called Silver Palms RV Resort in Okeechobee FL. A friend of ours bought a lot here and really loves it. It's nice but we weren't in the market to buy since we had just started to build on our lot. We had to take the "tour" from the sales dude. We had never been to Okeechobee and wanted to see the area. Pretty nice but We like the Keys better! :D

That part is a joke, right? Lol... I think I am barely seeing any other people/campers in those pics, but not sure if that is correct... hah.

Hope it’s going great!

Come on I see a tent in the background of one picture. Of course in the Northeast there aren't many sites with that kind of space around them for sure.

Our friends retired, sold their house and went full timing in April. They were at Anchor Down RV Resort just north of Pigeon Forge TN a couple of weeks ago. DW and I were both taking 1-2 days a week off for Covid response and decided to social distance from Eastern Tennessee for a few days. (we are both back 5 days a week, although I get to donate 20% of my salary to the cause, at least for awhile)

Anchor Down is one of the top rated campgrounds in the east. The views, amenities and service deserve those ratings. The place was amazing. Reservations are hard to get. We booked a week before we arrived and had to piece together 3 different sites for 5 days. It felt like trying to get a holiday reservation at the Fort.

Here was our first site.

Site 26- Up on a hill above the rest of the resort. Amazing views
20200502_120959_copy_2016x1134.jpg

This was our 2nd site. #50. There are custom, unique fireplaces on many of the sites. All are different. I would love to build this one in my backyard.

20200503_200404_copy_2016x1134.jpg

DW and I had to work on Monday we were there. The park had wifi that was pretty good. Donna used it all day to work. I hot spotted off my work phone and it was great. This wasn't a bad view if you have to work.
20200504_144533_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Our 3rd site was next to our friends. No fireplace, but still a nice view.

Site 46.
20200505_200214_copy_2016x1134.jpg

The campground is on Douglas Lake, managed by the TVA. There is a nice pool, beach with a water slide into the lake (not open for the season yet), food truck, golf cart and boat rentals. The place looks brand new, but they said it has been there for about 10 years.

20200502_143158_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20200502_143212_copy_2016x1134.jpg

I managed some time to try out the kayaks I bought over the winter. Social distancing at its best.
20200504_164337_copy_2016x1134.jpg

IMG_0546.png

j

Actually- these 3 sites were the last available. There are only 2 loops usable in this park right now unfortunately. We usually pick the sites 70-86 in the shade but we were limited.
The tent campers behind us were pretty loud so I’m glad we were not in a tent too!
We had 5 kids in our camper overnight and all slept well.

The 12 year old said “Disney is literally calling” 😆

Attachments

• 3984E4B4-40FA-455A-93FC-47FEF7388A33.jpeg
    3984E4B4-40FA-455A-93FC-47FEF7388A33.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 5
Our friends retired, sold their house and went full timing in April. They were at Anchor Down RV Resort just north of Pigeon Forge TN a couple of weeks ago. DW and I were both taking 1-2 days a week off for Covid response and decided to social distance from Eastern Tennessee for a few days. (we are both back 5 days a week, although I get to donate 20% of my salary to the cause, at least for awhile)

Anchor Down is one of the top rated campgrounds in the east. The views, amenities and service deserve those ratings. The place was amazing. Reservations are hard to get. We booked a week before we arrived and had to piece together 3 different sites for 5 days. It felt like trying to get a holiday reservation at the Fort.

Here was our first site.

Site 26- Up on a hill above the rest of the resort. Amazing views
View attachment 495173

This was our 2nd site. #50. There are custom, unique fireplaces on many of the sites. All are different. I would love to build this one in my backyard.

View attachment 495174

DW and I had to work on Monday we were there. The park had wifi that was pretty good. Donna used it all day to work. I hot spotted off my work phone and it was great. This wasn't a bad view if you have to work.
View attachment 495175

Our 3rd site was next to our friends. No fireplace, but still a nice view.

Site 46.
View attachment 495176

The campground is on Douglas Lake, managed by the TVA. There is a nice pool, beach with a water slide into the lake (not open for the season yet), food truck, golf cart and boat rentals. The place looks brand new, but they said it has been there for about 10 years.

View attachment 495177

View attachment 495178

I managed some time to try out the kayaks I bought over the winter. Social distancing at its best.
View attachment 495179

View attachment 495180

j
We were at Anchor Down in 2015 and it was awesome then!
We were on site 172 for a week. Just gorgeous and lots of amenities for all.

Boondocking one night on Muncho Lake, Canada, on our Alaskan adventure. Three couples, 2 Tiffins and our Jayco 5er, awesome trip. Circled our "wagons" and had cookout in the center. Woke up next morning to this beautiful scenery. Got a little crowded with an additional 5er, and two other campers arriving during the night. Not shown is a motorcycle/tent camper. She was from Ontario headed to Alaska for her annual gold panning event. Oh, the people you meet while camping!

View attachment 495996View attachment 495995

Boondocking one night on Muncho Lake, Canada, on our Alaskan adventure. Three couples, 2 Tiffins and our Jayco 5er, awesome trip. Circled our "wagons" and had cookout in the center. Woke up next morning to this beautiful scenery. Got a little crowded with an additional 5er, and two other campers arriving during the night. Not shown is a motorcycle/tent camper. She was from Ontario headed to Alaska for her annual gold panning event. Oh, the people you meet while camping!

That is so cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter