Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

@snowmedic Holy Moly, where did you get those beach them bag boards? :thumbsup2

Made them. The decal I ordered off Amazon, 56.00 with next day shipping. For me the decal was the hardest part, putting it on and off to make sure it was lined up right before spending 30 minutes with a heat gun to set the adhesive. All the lumber I got from work.

9B8B6B94-7AC3-4BE5-B4C1-5BE7F8932D70.jpeg

004C4C76-BB6B-45E4-9A7B-EB9F9211566E.jpeg

The bags I bought at Dick’s sporting goods.

Staying at the lake whippoorwill KOA in Orlando.

Looking out at the lake. They have a boat launch, 5.00 for guest only.
A47BE593-48A4-4896-944B-E08DCA9F26CB.jpeg
Looking back from the dock at some R.V. sites.
B8B33843-C453-4846-910A-D39435BAF77A.jpeg
They even have on site R.V. storage.
41CC7313-5B36-402D-A5A1-E2AC4B9BBE57.jpeg
Looking toward the 4 tent sites. Everything has to be carried in from your car.
AB313AA9-5A93-4F14-95BC-93416F65E886.jpeg
Our site setup
CAB64565-FCE0-42DC-BA59-9C2A96A6A40E.jpeg
They even have there own fire rings at every site, just as long as there is no fire ban.
82C43C27-6390-4977-955F-FF4999C243F5.jpeg
There is a Wally Wierd across the street and a couple of other grocery stores near by. It is about 25-30 minute drive to Disney.

It is a nice campground at a reasonable price, only down side is they are closing at the end of April 2020 and turning it into a multi- family housing development.

Staying at the lake whippoorwill KOA in Orlando.

It is a nice campground at a reasonable price, only down side is they are closing at the end of April 2020 and turning it into a multi- family housing development.

That “downside” is pretty down I gotta day... looks like a nice KOA...did you get a reason why? Host family retiring/selling? No one else wants to take over? KOA not interested in keeping it open after host family leaves?

That “downside” is pretty down I gotta day... looks like a nice KOA...did you get a reason why? Host family retiring/selling? No one else wants to take over? KOA not interested in keeping it open after host family leaves?

I'm sure it is for the money. Real estate in central Fl is in high demand. As a native Floridian, I hate it, we have lost so much native land and wildlife to housing.

I talked to the security guard tonight when we got back from the Fort, he said the campground has been here for 20 years. The Wal-Mart and other business around it has just popped up in the past couple years. The person/ persons that own the campground also own the property next to it where a new Holiday inn is, and said that they are just going to build new housing in the 34 acres that the KOA is on.

The guard says the campground stays full except for a couple weeks during the summer months.
I guess the owners just want it to stay full and generate revenue year round.

Well we have officially gone from camping to glamping. My mom was suppose to come down from Destin and visit us this week so I reserved a deluxe cabin, has bathroom and stovetop. Payed the deposit for her, then see calls and says she won’t be able to make it, so instead of canceling the cabin, we checked out of the tent site early and payed the difference on the cabin.
C298337C-F857-464B-9BCD-E3B9E6596195.jpeg

AE6D41BE-AB83-42B0-82A2-ED4A0FDB15BC.jpeg

1FB83D93-67F2-4609-B758-233C1ABC037B.jpeg

4771D6D8-D66B-46CB-992A-C38E1214E77B.jpeg
Lil medic not feeling to hot, she couldn’t wait for me to fold down the futon.
79286584-0139-4B0D-AAD4-159176B21E5B.jpeg

Our view from the front porch, complete with swing.

"Come here, Norman. Hurry up. The Loons! The Loons! They're welcoming us back."

Thanks Mike. She googled her symptoms and found out she’s allergic to glamping. Hope she overcomes this before we start out in the MH.
I suspect that the weather report you gave a short time ago will help her immunity to glamping improve.

Site 43 at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine, FL in March 2019.

We will be camping in #44 right next to it in December 2019.

Here is #137 at Jetty Park Campground in Port Canaveral, FL. It is adjacent to the Atlantic Ocean beach and on the southern side of the Port Canaveral cruise ship channel. This was also March 2019.

Bama Ed

We got an early nice weekend so we decided to get out and take advantage of it. One of our close to home places. The owners are big Mickey fans.

I did get a chance to mount a TV in the basement. I've been wanting to do this for a while. It is much nicer than carrying one in and out to hang in the mount that is up too high.

20190406_162536-1008x567.jpg 20190406_162402-1008x567.jpg

Our friends also made us the fun Mickey Welcome sign.

j

Axtel Campground at Rough River Dam, Nolin Lake (CoE) McDaniels Ky. Site of our Kentucky Tearjerker Spring Gathering. We are in site 101.

Steve,

I have a reservation at my local COE campground for Labor Day weekend (first weekend of college football). I have my popup but if it's possible, I want to bring out the canvas wall tent and cot if the weather cooperates at night.

Bama Ed

PS - we have a local state park on a lake nearby that I used to camp at as a poor boy in Boy Scouts but they have an extensive tree canopy that hinders the satellite tv reception and I've always had significant ANT problems there. So I head to the COE which is fine but a little more remote. Nice picture to see you're still using Woody.

Last edited:
So I head to the COE which is fine but a little more remote.

Our group likes the CoE campgrounds. The bath houses seem to be better than some state parks.
We are down to camping in the teardrop to about twice a year, spring and fall gathering. My son and his girlfriend love to camp and hike and are going different places now. They just recently took it to Mama Gerties outside Asheville NC. Much easier for the young and nimble to camp in than the old and much less nimble.

We also enjoy CoE parks. We often stay at one on Smith Lake about an hour from home. The campsites seem more spacious than many state parks too. We’re staying at a CoE near Tallahassee on our way to/from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!