Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

_MG_8971.jpg

This was Friday morning, we had done a quick setup when we arrived Thursday night. After this was taken I put out our carpet, and set up our Mickey lamp.
We are in Elizabethtown KOA, site is nice, lots of length, and our neighbor who would be a mere feet away has not shown up for the weekend.

Butterfly camping resort nj. 30 minutes from my home. Test run of the new TT. All systems worked, and i dont need to add much to make it perfect. Notice my new to me vintage 70s party lights. I kind of like that everyone went to leds. My lighys stand out! 20190920_194405.jpg

Good old Talladega. Camped there many times. Are you on track property behind turn 1?

The first year we had our hybrid, we went to Talladega for the Fall race. It got unusually cold one night. 40s. That's when I learned that canvas ends, even with the furnace running, don't keep you very warm. We had a hard side TT the next year.

j

We are on track property between turn 4 and the Tri oval. Basically, as far from the track as you can be without moving to the non-reserve spaces. Been doing the fall race since 2006 (in the same spot) when I joined in with DW and her dad who had done it a few years longer.

First camper was a a pop up with 2 canvas slides. Somehow, I always ended up with condensation dripping on me at night. It was awful.

The TT on the right was our next camper, which we sold to the other folks we camp with for a nominal fee when we bought the new one.

It’s too hot right now to burn all our fire wood, but I’d say 40s wasn’t uncommon a few years back when the race was closer to the end of October.

Catching up from the last few trips.
This is Desoto State Park in Fort Payne, AL. Stopped over for 2 nights on our way to TN. My husband & I got engaged here, several years ago. Wanted to take our kids to see the park

Labor Day weekend was supposed to be spent at the Fort but Hurricane Dorian changed that plan. Decided to take the kids to New Orleans for the weekend. It was quite the experience, as NoLa can be.

We stayed at Ponchartrain Landing. Got lucky with another Pull In waterfront site. DH and DD had fun fishing right from our campsite. They have a restaurant on site that is pretty good and also a shuttle that will take you to the French Quarter.

Caught the last weekend of Scallop season in Port St Joe, FL in mid Sept. We usually vacation in this area every summer. This was our first year with the RV staying here. Had a great time and caught a mess of scallops. Kids loved snorkeling for them.

This area was severely impacted by Hurricane Michael last year, so it was important to us not to miss the trip. Anything to help the locals stay afloat. 444228

The sunsets here are amazing

Talladega was this past weekend. Our first time going. The group we went with had someone drop out and so they invited us to join.

It was also our first time boon docking. Learned that out water pump leaks when left switched on. Had to have the tank refilled twice, unfortunately.

Got home on Tuesday from Charlottesville KOA in Va. Sorry we didn't take any Photos as we got in Late Thur. afternoon and for the rest of our stay we were there just long enough to sleep or take care of the Girls. The rest of the time we were either going to be helping my sister and brother in law prepare for my nephews wedding. The wedding itself, reunion with my brothers and sisters, touring some historical sites along with the goat farm next to the Campground. Lucille did catch this one one of how strict the dress code for the dog park is.20191012_153332 (1).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!