Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Hi all...going to wdw in dec out of bwi.. would love a code if anyone can spare...thanks

Last edited:
To be honest, I haven't seen a SW code in a long time!! I could be wrong, and someone please correct me, but I'm not at all sure they're a 'thing' anymore.

Totally agree. Southwest public codes are pretty much non-existent. All I've seen lately are unused travel funds that are no longer transferable and LUV vouchers, which are. The LUV vouchers are given out, for example, when a Southwest flight is delayed for a reason that is under Southwest's control (like mechanical issues, crew rest issues, but NOT weather delays/cancellations or general airport issues). Those vouchers are codes that can be transferred, but you'd have to find someone willing to give them or sell them to you (which may or may not be allowed).

Last time I recall a public Southwest code was several years ago...I think they had some kind of promo for a short time during the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 years ago or so, and I don't recall one since.

We missed opening day for Southwest flights we are going December 7th Thru the 16th I wonder if anyone would know about when the prices would drop again or when is it typically best to buy tickets late like 2 months out

We missed opening day for Southwest flights we are going December 7th Thru the 16th I wonder if anyone would know about when the prices would drop again or when is it typically best to buy tickets late like 2 months out
Ticket prices will go up and down randomly. Just keep checking, and not necessarily the same time each day either. I've seen the lowest price for our flight first thing in the morning, and also mid afternoon.

There really is no way to predict when the price will drop, and if it does, for how long it will stay down.

I've been watching our flight regularly for price drops. Haven't gotten anything lower than what we paid, but I've seen up go up and down like a yo-yo.

We're not going to Disney over Christmas, but we are going to the Orlando area to visit family. Currently most of the "wanna get away" fares on SW are listed as Sold Out. The planes obviously aren't full because there are seats available at the higher prices. Does anyone with any experience know if it's likely they'll open more seats at the wanna get away fares? Sure hoping we won't spend $500 one way to get there.

We're not going to Disney over Christmas, but we are going to the Orlando area to visit family. Currently most of the "wanna get away" fares on SW are listed as Sold Out. The planes obviously aren't full because there are seats available at the higher prices. Does anyone with any experience know if it's likely they'll open more seats at the wanna get away fares? Sure hoping we won't spend $500 one way to get there.

Not usually

They were showing two flights on the date I'm looking at as sold out but recently added back more Wanna Get Away fares. So keep watching.

What time of the day do the new dates open?

As seen in the previous post, don't think of it as an exact point in time. They could come out at 6:00 Eastern, but the last time I booked, they came out about 8:30 because it apparently took them a long time to load the servers. I believe SW has since gone to a new reservation system, so who knows?

Im not flying until end of april, but im loving the flight times released today. I hope they are similar next release!

Im not flying until end of april, but im loving the flight times released today. I hope they are similar next release!

When is the next release?

Just missed the dates for last release. Leaving April 7, and coming home April 15. We are actually fiying into Fort Lauderdale for a cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts