Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I have to thank you guys so much for the advice that flights are cheapest when they first come out. I am so glad I booked when I did. Today if I booked it would cost me over $2,000 instead of the $600 I paid on drop day. It's so crazy.

Quick question regarding booking a refundable fare using a cc and LUV voucher. If the flight goes down I will book the cheaper flights and cancel the current flight. I know my cc will be refunded, but will the rest go back on the voucher or become travel funds?

TIA!

Quick question regarding booking a refundable fare using a cc and LUV voucher. If the flight goes down I will book the cheaper flights and cancel the current flight. I know my cc will be refunded, but will the rest go back on the voucher or become travel funds?

TIA!
Here are the T&Cs for LUV vouchers:

1. Southwest LUV Vouchers are valid as a form of payment toward future air fare only on Southwest Airlines through Southwest.com, toll-free Reservations 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792), or at any Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter.
  2. Southwest LUV Vouchers must be redeemed and all travel completed by the expiration date indicated. If applied in conjunction with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all payments applies. Validity of Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be extended and any unused value will be forfeited upon expiration.
  3. Southwest LUV Vouchers are not redeemable as payment toward Government-imposed segment fees, Passenger Facility Charges, or September 11th Security Fees or as payment toward miscellaneous charges, Southwest Airlines Group tickets, Southwest Airlines Vacations packages, or travel either wholly or in part on other air carriers.
  4. Southwest LUV Vouchers and travel issued in exchange for Southwest LUV Vouchers have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash or other monetary consideration. Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
  5. To redeem a Southwest LUV Voucher, purchaser must have a Southwest LUV Voucher number and associated security code. If a balance remains after redemption, please retain this Southwest LUV Voucher number and security code for future use.
  6. Southwest LUV Vouchers are VOID if sold, altered, purchased, brokered, and/or bartered.

1. Southwest LUV Vouchers are valid as a form of payment toward future air fare only on Southwest Airlines through Southwest.com, toll-free Reservations 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792), or at any Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter.
  2. Southwest LUV Vouchers must be redeemed and all travel completed by the expiration date indicated. If applied in conjunction with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all payments applies. Validity of Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be extended and any unused value will be forfeited upon expiration.
  3. Southwest LUV Vouchers are not redeemable as payment toward Government-imposed segment fees, Passenger Facility Charges, or September 11th Security Fees or as payment toward miscellaneous charges, Southwest Airlines Group tickets, Southwest Airlines Vacations packages, or travel either wholly or in part on other air carriers.
  4. Southwest LUV Vouchers and travel issued in exchange for Southwest LUV Vouchers have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash or other monetary consideration. Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
  5. To redeem a Southwest LUV Voucher, purchaser must have a Southwest LUV Voucher number and associated security code. If a balance remains after redemption, please retain this Southwest LUV Voucher number and security code for future use.
  6. Southwest LUV Vouchers are VOID if sold, altered, purchased, brokered, and/or bartered.
Here is what I’m not sure of. If I pay with my cc and my flight cost goes down and I rebook twice is that two travel funds applied when I apply those funds to an entirely new different flight?
Or since it is attached to the same confirmation number do they combine them as one travel file bc voucher ?

I ask bc I know you are limited in how many vouchers that you can apply per trip ( I usually buy as 2 one ways to allow for easier repurchase)

If I pay with my cc and my flight cost goes down and I rebook twice is that two travel funds applied when I apply those funds to an entirely new different flight?
Or since it is attached to the same confirmation number do they combine them as one travel file bc voucher ?

You will have two travel funds. They don't combine them.

Here is what I’m not sure of. If I pay with my cc and my flight cost goes down and I rebook twice is that two travel funds applied when I apply those funds to an entirely new different flight?

I ask bc I know you are limited in how many vouchers that you can apply per trip ( I usually buy as 2 one ways to allow for easier repurchase)

I believe that the travel funds balance under one confirmation number will be a single lump sum. As a reminder, when applying mulitple travel funds from different confirmation numbers to a single reservation, the travel funds will take on the expiration date of the oldest credit. For example, you use one credit from 10 months ago along with a credit from one month ago - the newest credit will then take on the expiration date of the credit from 10 months ago.

I believe that the travel funds balance under one confirmation number will be a single lump sum. As a reminder, when applying mulitple travel funds from different confirmation numbers to a single reservation, the travel funds will take on the expiration date of the oldest credit. For example, you use one credit from 10 months ago along with a credit from one month ago - the newest credit will then take on the expiration date of the credit from 10 months ago.
Thank you. I knew about the expiration date. We will be flying twice within the one year time window from when I originally purchased the flights so that part I’m good with.
I was just worried about rebooking more than once and then having to forfeit a travel fund under the same reservation

Thank you, this is helpful. I'm curious if anyone had experience cancelling a refundable flight paid for with a voucher. Is the original voucher refunded (and therefore transferrable) or is the refund a travel fund (only good for the person on the reservation)?

If you modify flights when the price decreases the original confirmation stays in tact, but will be appended with a 4 digit ticket #. If you have done this more than 2x, when you pay for your new flight using travel funds, the system will only allow you to use 2 (conf# and 4 digit ticket #) and will pick which ones will be used.
The only way around this is to combine the travel funds until you only have two left ( conf# and 4 digit ticket # ). Or as the PP mentioned, book separately.

Totally agree about the earliest expiration! Plenty of reports of folks that got stuck with that.

Don't cancel, just modify

Just curious, is there actually any kind of entertainment you don't have to pay for on the flight? I see you can pay for wifi for $8, and can watch videos or something if you download their app? I used to fly AirTran and it was nice, they had headphones and free music you could listen to. Doesn't look like Southwest has anything like that for free?

Just curious, is there actually any kind of entertainment you don't have to pay for on the flight? I see you can pay for wifi for $8, and can watch videos or something if you download their app? I used to fly AirTran and it was nice, they had headphones and free music you could listen to. Doesn't look like Southwest has anything like that for free?
If your flight has wi-fi, there are things you can watch for free including live TV. I don't believe they have ABC, but they do have CBS and NBC as well as the Disney channel, I think ESPN, and other channels. Not sure about music.

You'll need to bring your own device, but you will be able to watch free live TV, as well as past episodes of popular series. There is also flight tracking. A new option is iHeart Radio.

All Southwest aircraft are now equipped with Wi-Fi, which is always available, unless it's down for tech issues.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.c...es/Introducing-iHeartRadio-Onboard/ba-p/73767

https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-experience/in-the-air.html?CLK=SWAEXP-BOARDING

Posting question for another family going to Disney for their first trip and flying SW out of MCO. 3 adults (2 parents and a grandparent), children ages 4,7,11. The 11 year old is in a wheelchair / just beat cancer, but in wheelchair. He can be lifted out of chair by parent, but cannot walk on his own yet. How does it work for them with boarding? Can one parent board before everyone else with 11 year old (I've seen people who are in wheelchairs board early as they need more time / assistance to get into seat)? Can the other parent and grandparent board after A boarding group (family boarding?) My family is all adult/older teens so we either get EBCI or just sit wherever and I've never really paid much attention to people boarding early or family boarding. TIA

Posting question for another family going to Disney for their first trip and flying SW out of MCO. 3 adults (2 parents and a grandparent), children ages 4,7,11. The 11 year old is in a wheelchair / just beat cancer, but in wheelchair. He can be lifted out of chair by parent, but cannot walk on his own yet. How does it work for them with boarding? Can one parent board before everyone else with 11 year old (I've seen people who are in wheelchairs board early as they need more time / assistance to get into seat)? Can the other parent and grandparent board after A boarding group (family boarding?) My family is all adult/older teens so we either get EBCI or just sit wherever and I've never really paid much attention to people boarding early or family boarding. TIA
Yes, you have the scenario correct. The 11 year old's special needs should be noted on the reservation (either online or by phone). At least one adult will board with him - the agent might allow two adults, if told the circumstances, and that they will lift him into a seat. Kids six and under can board with one adult, per child, in Family Boarding, which is after "A" group and before "B" group.

I hope you all have a wonderful trip.

Yes, you have the scenario correct. The 11 year old's special needs should be noted on the reservation (either online or by phone). At least one adult will board with him - the agent might allow two adults, if told the circumstances, and that they will lift him into a seat. Kids six and under can board with one adult, per child, in Family Boarding, which is after "A" group and before "B" group.

I hope you all have a wonderful trip.
Thank you very much. After reading your response I just found the SW phone number for them to call to add it to their reservation. Appreciate your feedback. :thanks:

You'll need to bring your own device, but you will be able to watch free live TV, as well as past episodes of popular series. There is also flight tracking. A new option is iHeart Radio.

All Southwest aircraft are now equipped with Wi-Fi, which is always available, unless it's down for tech issues.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.c...es/Introducing-iHeartRadio-Onboard/ba-p/73767

https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-experience/in-the-air.html?CLK=SWAEXP-BOARDING

I think you would have to pay $8 for their wifi service though to use those things.

I think you would have to pay $8 for their wifi service though to use those things.
There is only a charge for the Wi-Fi if you want to use a browser, check email etc.; otherwise, the other entertainment is free - you don't need to sign in to Wi-Fi. The only other charge is to watch a movie.

Probably already answered somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it specifically. I have canceled SW flights when paid with cash but I have never canceled a flight when I have purchased them all with points. Just wanted to double check, those points go back into my account and do NOT have a year expiration on them like canceled cash reservations do, correct?

Probably already answered somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it specifically. I have canceled SW flights when paid with cash but I have never canceled a flight when I have purchased them all with points. Just wanted to double check, those points go back into my account and do NOT have a year expiration on them like canceled cash reservations do, correct?
Yes they go back to your RR acct and do not expire as long as your acct is not inactive for more than 24 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!