Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I just changed my flight today because of a sale fare. I did it online and EBCI transferred over autotmatically. As long as you modify and the confirmation number stays the same, you don’t lose EBCI.

Price are rather high. I am not sure how they are "selling" out so fast. It is kind of shady bs. I am trying to book flight back after trip but I'm not paying 377 dollars for a 2 and a half hour flight. Really SW? what a joke. I'll wait it out.

Price are rather high. I am not sure how they are "selling" out so fast. It is kind of shady bs. I am trying to book flight back after trip but I'm not paying 377 dollars for a 2 and a half hour flight. Really SW? what a joke. I'll wait it out.

My husband asked me to book a while ago because he saw airline fuel had gone higher in price. I was waiting for a better rate for our return trip but booked it after he voiced his concerns. I believe the higher prices in generally are due in part to the increased fuel costs.

My husband asked me to book a while ago because he saw airline fuel had gone higher in price. I was waiting for a better rate for our return trip but booked it after he voiced his concerns. I believe the higher prices in generally are due in part to the increased fuel costs.
im going to be patient and wait for that price to come down. No way im paying 377 dollars. That's a joke.

im going to be patient and wait for that price to come down. No way im paying 377 dollars. That's a joke.

I snapped up our leg going to MCO when the price went down a whole back, but that return leg was high. It did go down some and I through I would wait it out a while longer. Well, it never went back to that rate, so as soon as it went to $154 I snapped it up. We are paying $275 RT. I would cringe with the $377. We have 5 people heading out of our airport for this one.

I snapped up our leg going to MCO when the price went down a whole back, but that return leg was high. It did go down some and I through I would wait it out a while longer. Well, it never went back to that rate, so as soon as it went to $154 I snapped it up. We are paying $275 RT. I would cringe with the $377. We have 5 people heading out of our airport for this one.
I don't mind 154 but like you said 377 is a joke. No desire for that nonsense.

I don't mind 154 but like you said 377 is a joke. No desire for that nonsense.

I know. I try to keep our travel to $300 per person. I am really concerned about a planned trip in July to Aruba. We like Delta for that one and right now it is over $1100 per person. Thank goodness we have not told our DGD that we want this trip to celebrate her graduation from HS. I am not going to pay that much for airfare, so I am stalking the site. I will be checking SW as they open their dates.

What are other airlines charging for that flight? I find sometimes it’s a higher price one leg of our flight with all airlines. E.g. going to mco in Dec the flights down are not bad but coming back it’s the first day of Christmas break for many and the flights are higher across the board for many airlines. I booked earlier so am okay hut to book now would be costly.

What are other airlines charging for that flight? I find sometimes it’s a higher price one leg of our flight with all airlines. E.g. going to mco in Dec the flights down are not bad but coming back it’s the first day of Christmas break for many and the flights are higher across the board for many airlines. I booked earlier so am okay hut to book now would be costly.
The reason I'm flying Southwest says because I like them and the other factors is because I have a $200 voucher for them so that's why I'm doing this. After this group I'm a switch because this is getting ridiculous with the prices and the last few flights are flown on them have been delays so I don't know what's up with them as a company but this is getting ridiculous.

This is my first experience with Early Bird check in. Tonight at 6:15 pm will be my 36 hour check in - will they send me a boarding assignment around that time?

This is my first experience with Early Bird check in. Tonight at 6:15 pm will be my 36 hour check in - will they send me a boarding assignment around that time?
You will need to go online to see your boarding number. I have never tried going in before the 24 hour mark but I don’t believe you’ll be able to see it until 24 hours before your flight.

you sign in 24 hours before your flight...example if flight is at 7 am on a Friday you sign in with confirmation number at thrus at 7 am and sign in...they do it automatically for you check you in that is and when at Disney just have them print it for you at desk when leaving its simple or use sw app and sign in that way...

if I buy a seat at a price of say 200$ and it goes lower then that in 3 months may I try and get the discounted seat for lower? I don't think sw works that way but im asking anyways lol

if I buy a seat at a price of say 200$ and it goes lower then that in 3 months may I try and get the discounted seat for lower? I don't think sw works that way but im asking anyways lol

Yes, SW is one of the very rare airlines that will give you a credit if the fare goes down. You can change it yourself online. You just pick “change/ modify” your flight. Then just pick the same flight again & you will get the new fare. You will keep the same number & early bird check in if you bought that.

Some important things to know:

The credit can only be used by the person named on the reservation, you can’t give the credit to anyone else. You can get the credit anytime the price goes down, no restriction on when or how many times you can rebook for a better price.

The credit must be used by one year from the original booking. This means the flight must take place by the 1 year mark, not that you just need to book by 1 year. You have to travel by 1 year.

The credit is tied to the original confirmation number, so make sure you keep track of that.

Don’t cancel & rebook or you will lose the early bird check in.

You can keep checking for a lower fare, than originally booked, by accessing your reservation by confirmation number, selecting "change," and looking at the fare showing for your flight. If your flight has gone down in cost, continue the process to change to the lower-cost seat. There will not be a refund of any difference in cost for a paid ticket (not a points booking), but Southwest will hold the savings as a credit under your confirmation number, to be used for future travel. Those travel funds must be used only by the ticketed passenger, within one year (travel completed) from date of original purchase.

To use the credit, it's important to save that confirmation number, which gets entered on the payment page of the trip booked within one year.

Southwest will not notify you of any fare reductions. It's the customer's resposibility to keep checking. It can happen - you just need to be vigilant in monitoring the fares.

Last edited:
You can keep checking for a lower fare, than originally booked, by accessing your reservation by confirmation number, selecting "change," and looking at the fare showing for your flight. If your flight has gone down in cost, continue the process to change to the lower-cost seat. There will not be a refund of any difference in cost for a paid ticket (not a points booking), but Southwest will hold the savings as a credit under your confirmation number, to be used for futrue travel. Those travel funds must be used only by the ticketed passenger, within one year (travel completed) from date of original purchase.

To use the credit, it's important to save that confirmation number, which gets entered on the payment page of the trip booked within one year.

Southwest will not notify you of any fare reductions. It's the customer's resposibility to keep checking. It can happen - you just need to be vigilant in monitoring the fares.
trust me im looking every day

Any luck with calling in the lower fare found when changing the flight? I am getting this long random error code

Okay so I talk to a Southwest agent today. So I will try to explain this slowly. If I buy a ticket that is valued at $300 and 2 months later it becomes cheaper I can take the cheaper one and will be modified. But with that said it doesn't go back to your credit card the difference of the money. All it is is a credit and you have up to a year to use that credit. Hopefully that explains everything and I think someone explain that to me as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter