Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Okay so I talk to a Southwest agent today. So I will try to explain this slowly. If I buy a ticket that is valued at $300 and 2 months later it becomes cheaper I can take the cheaper one and will be modified. But with that said it doesn't go back to your credit card the difference of the money. All it is is a credit and you have up to a year to use that credit. Hopefully that explains everything and I think someone explain that to me as well.

Yes, that is the same information provided in the two above replies to your original post.

Update to my q...I called southwest and they updated the flights for me. I did get the refund as I should , just couldn’t do it on my own. All set now!

Update to my q...I called southwest and they updated the flights for me. I did get the refund as I should , just couldn’t do it on my own. All set now!
Just to clarify, you received a travel credit rather than a refund to your credit card.

Okay so I talk to a Southwest agent today. So I will try to explain this slowly. If I buy a ticket that is valued at $300 and 2 months later it becomes cheaper I can take the cheaper one and will be modified. But with that said it doesn't go back to your credit card the difference of the money. All it is is a credit and you have up to a year to use that credit. Hopefully that explains everything and I think someone explain that to me as well.

You are correct that any price decrease does not go back to your credit card. It goes into "travel funds" that are tied to each individual. A couple things to remember:
- The "travel funds" credit is good for a year, but it is a year from when you originally booked the ticket(s). Using your example, let's suppose you bought your $300 ticket on October 11, 2018 for lets say a January 15, 2019 flight. Suppose on December 1, that fare goes down to $250. You modify your reservation and get a $50 credit. To use that credit, you must fly (not just reserve) again by October 11, 2019.
- Even though you may have more than one on your itinerary, the credits stay with the individual and can not be transferred. Using the same example, if there are two of you flying, you would each have a $50 credit. If, for example, you were flying by yourself before the credit deadline, you can not combine the two credits for $100 off your flight; you'd only be able to use your own $50 credit.

You are correct that any price decrease does not go back to your credit card. It goes into "travel funds" that are tied to each individual. A couple things to remember:
- The "travel funds" credit is good for a year, but it is a year from when you originally booked the ticket(s). Using your example, let's suppose you bought your $300 ticket on October 11, 2018 for lets say a January 15, 2019 flight. Suppose on December 1, that fare goes down to $250. You modify your reservation and get a $50 credit. To use that credit, you must fly (not just reserve) again by October 11, 2019.
- Even though you may have more than one on your itinerary, the credits stay with the individual and can not be transferred. Using the same example, if there are two of you flying, you would each have a $50 credit. If, for example, you were flying by yourself before the credit deadline, you can not combine the two credits for $100 off your flight; you'd only be able to use your own $50 credit.
::yes::

The other thing to remember is that a credit is tied to a confirmation number. The only way to access it is to have that 6 digit code so this needs to be recorded somewhere too.

I am going back to Disney in August later that year. So about 4 months from April on be going back with family this time instead. So for me and might be a good deal to do. I'm also contemplating staying an extra day because there is a morning flight around 10 or so that is at a low fare and all I would have to do is wake up and just take Magical Express and I'll be on my way to the airport I'm considering it but not sure I want to add an extra day to my Disney trip currently which is already paid off for.

I am going back to Disney in August later that year. So about 4 months from April on be going back with family this time instead. So for me and might be a good deal to do. I'm also contemplating staying an extra day because there is a morning flight around 10 or so that is at a low fare and all I would have to do is wake up and just take Magical Express and I'll be on my way to the airport I'm considering it but not sure I want to add an extra day to my Disney trip currently which is already paid off for.
LOL - It would need to be one doozie of a flight price drop to compensate for an extra night's room costs. :D

LOL - It would need to be one doozie of a flight price drop to compensate for an extra night's room costs. :D
Agreed that's why I told somebody why would I pay $130 or 1:50 whatever it is for one extra night to sleep and then basically I wake up catch Magical Express and then take the flight to me it just doesn't add up. Sounds like fun but I just don't think I would want to do something like that. I'm looking for opinions of people do that but usually when I leave I usually like to take a mid evening or the last flight going so I can enjoy a relaxing day.

Does anyone have any info or updates on Non-Stop flights from Newark to Orlando? I looked for June and there are no Non-Stop flights. I have called Southwest and they said they may or may not add Non-Stop flights.

Agreed that's why I told somebody why would I pay $130 or 1:50 whatever it is for one extra night to sleep and then basically I wake up catch Magical Express and then take the flight to me it just doesn't add up. Sounds like fun but I just don't think I would want to do something like that. I'm looking for opinions of people do that but usually when I leave I usually like to take a mid evening or the last flight going so I can enjoy a relaxing day.
the earlier flight in the day is what we normally do because when we fly SW we have a 3 hour drive home once we land.

I will say we enjoy making the very most of our last day at Disney. I tend to do the majority of our packing the second last night we are there so that the final day we can go to the parks from open to close. Our travel day we’re up, tuck last things into our suitcases, check luggage, grab breakfast if time permits then board Disney’s sad-gical Express back to the airport. This is our regular routine and it works well.

I will say in December we’re fkying to Toronto on 9:30pm flight which is completely new to us. I wonder what our last day will feel like as I’ll have our return flight in my mind the entire day as I’ll need to leave time for checking and picking up luggage from luggage services.

I understand how we get into routines so trying something new is different. :)

the earlier flight in the day is what we normally do because when we fly SW we have a 3 hour drive home once we land.

I will say we enjoy making the very most of our last day at Disney. I tend to do the majority of our packing the second last night we are there so that the final day we can go to the parks from open to close. Our travel day we’re up, tuck last things into our suitcases, check luggage, grab breakfast if time permits then board Disney’s sad-gical Express back to the airport. This is our regular routine and it works well.

I will say in December we’re fkying to Toronto on 9:30pm flight which is completely new to us. I wonder what our last day will feel like as I’ll have our return flight in my mind the entire day as I’ll need to leave time for checking and picking up luggage from luggage services.

I understand how we get into routines so trying something new is different. :)
I always feel I try different things at Disney every visit. My question to you is do you feel like staying one extra day and then leaving in the morning the flying looking at that's cheaper now is like at 10:40 10:40 flight and basically I'd be paying for a full day at a hotel that I'm basically kind of just staying in for about 7 hours or so. In your opinion would that make good sense to you or was it something you would not do? Just looking for opinions as always and thank you again.

I always feel I try different things at Disney every visit. My question to you is do you feel like staying one extra day and then leaving in the morning the flying looking at that's cheaper now is like at 10:40 10:40 flight and basically I'd be paying for a full day at a hotel that I'm basically kind of just staying in for about 7 hours or so. In your opinion would that make good sense to you or was it something you would not do? Just looking for opinions as always and thank you again.
Like you we love to try new things each trip! This next trip will be my 9yo's 19th Disney trip even though we live in Canada. We've already chosen some new things to try this trip and are excited about them!

I guess the question about value for staying the extra night at Disney vs flying home, to me would come down to what do I intend to do with the time I would normally be travelling home on the first day?

Let's say the flight home would be at 7pm therefore DME pickup at 4pm, leaving last park/Disney Springs at 2:30. What would I plan to do from 2:30 until bed that night?

If I'm going to be enjoying the parks or Disney Springs into the late evening then for me staying the extra night would be totally worth it!!! Making the most of every single moment we're there!

If I was more likely to head back to the resort early, pack up and just kinda be hanging out in the hotel room before bed then I'd take the flight home that evening as I wouldn't really be getting the fullest from my extra night there and I'd also have the next day home to begin unpacking, etc.

It really is personal choice. My dd and I are open to close park people and normally head home from Disney completely exhausted, almost needing a vacation after our vacation but with huge smiles on our faces and tons of new memories so it's totally worth it to us!

I hope this helps even a little. Bottom line is, what do you intend to do with the extra hours you've gained in the evening if you fly home the next day? I'd say stay and party on!! :D

Like you we love to try new things each trip! This next trip will be my 9yo's 19th Disney trip even though we live in Canada. We've already chosen some new things to try this trip and are excited about them!

I guess the question about value for staying the extra night at Disney vs flying home, to me would come down to what do I intend to do with the time I would normally be travelling home on the first day?

Let's say the flight home would be at 7pm therefore DME pickup at 4pm, leaving last park/Disney Springs at 2:30. What would I plan to do from 2:30 until bed that night?

If I'm going to be enjoying the parks or Disney Springs into the late evening then for me staying the extra night would be totally worth it!!! Making the most of every single moment we're there!

If I was more likely to head back to the resort early, pack up and just kinda be hanging out in the hotel room before bed then I'd take the flight home that evening as I wouldn't really be getting the fullest from my extra night there and I'd also have the next day home to begin unpacking, etc.

It really is personal choice. My dd and I are open to close park people and normally head home from Disney completely exhausted, almost needing a vacation after our vacation but with huge smiles on our faces and tons of new memories so it's totally worth it to us!

I hope this helps even a little. Bottom line is, what do you intend to do with the extra hours you've gained in the evening if you fly home the next day? I'd say stay and party on!! :D
Thanks and some things I would recommend done trying if you get a chance are some of the tours if you haven't done it before most of them that I've done or a lot of fun.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here...
  • On 9 of our 10 on-site trips we have hit the parks and taken the last flight home (all trips in Jan/Feb/Mar)
  • One the other trip we took an early-afternoon flight and did not hit the parks on the last day (trip in Jan/Feb)
  • On our 1 off-site trip we hit the parks and took the last flight home (Trip in June)
We had always taken the latest flight on our first 5 trips so it was our 6th trip where we decided to not go to the parks and take an early afternoon flight home. To us, waking up to head home felt a little sad. We wondered around our resort trying to kill time, ate some breakfast and truly felt a little down. We did it because we were flying home midweek and our older daughter had school the next day.

Since then we've stuck with our last flight plan on the subsequent 3 trips and we like that a lot better! It just feels good to get our last 6 hours of park time in! It costs so little to add that last day to our tickets vs. the enormous cost we spent on the room, it feels like we'd waste money to take an earlier flight.

One other comment: The off-site trip in June, I wish we had not taken the last flight home. It was VERY hot (of course, lol, it's JUNE!) and we were sweaty and tired and it was just not a good last day. I recall us sitting at a quick service restaurant in Hollywood Studios wishing the day was over, which is so unlike us at Disney. I think it was a combination of a) the heat, b) staying off-site which we found more tiring, c) going for 9 days, d) being our 3rd trip in 6 months (it was the one time we bought APs). I would potentially reconsider my "last park day" theory if going in the summer heat again.

Hopefully this insight is somewhat helpful! If you are an ALWAYS last-flight family, not doing that may feel strange/slightly depressing.

Thanks and some things I would recommend done trying if you get a chance are some of the tours if you haven't done it before most of them that I've done or a lot of fun.
What ones that you've done would a child enjoy? I'd like to try one sometime but cost and enjoyable for her are 2 things that have kept me from booking anything....yet. That being said, she's watched a lot of stuff on Disney Parks and other sites on YouTube and has shown some interest in taking a tour. She has a great attention span so that doesn't concern me.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here...
  • On 9 of our 10 on-site trips we have hit the parks and taken the last flight home (all trips in Jan/Feb/Mar)
  • One the other trip we took an early-afternoon flight and did not hit the parks on the last day (trip in Jan/Feb)
  • On our 1 off-site trip we hit the parks and took the last flight home (Trip in June)
We had always taken the latest flight on our first 5 trips so it was our 6th trip where we decided to not go to the parks and take an early afternoon flight home. To us, waking up to head home felt a little sad. We wondered around our resort trying to kill time, ate some breakfast and truly felt a little down. We did it because we were flying home midweek and our older daughter had school the next day.

Since then we've stuck with our last flight plan on the subsequent 3 trips and we like that a lot better! It just feels good to get our last 6 hours of park time in! It costs so little to add that last day to our tickets vs. the enormous cost we spent on the room, it feels like we'd waste money to take an earlier flight.

One other comment: The off-site trip in June, I wish we had not taken the last flight home. It was VERY hot (of course, lol, it's JUNE!) and we were sweaty and tired and it was just not a good last day. I recall us sitting at a quick service restaurant in Hollywood Studios wishing the day was over, which is so unlike us at Disney. I think it was a combination of a) the heat, b) staying off-site which we found more tiring, c) going for 9 days, d) being our 3rd trip in 6 months (it was the one time we bought APs). I would potentially reconsider my "last park day" theory if going in the summer heat again.

Hopefully this insight is somewhat helpful! If you are an ALWAYS last-flight family, not doing that may feel strange/slightly depressing.
If we didn't have the long drive home from the airport I can totally see this being our touring style too! Looking forward to trying this in December as I finally found a reasonable flight from Toronto so departing at 9:30pm. If we were within an hour of the airport we would totally adopt your style of touring and flights!!

If we didn't have the long drive home from the airport I can totally see this being our touring style too! Looking forward to trying this in December as I finally found a reasonable flight from Toronto so departing at 9:30pm. If we were within an hour of the airport we would totally adopt your style of touring and flights!!
Oops! I always forget about the airport drive time some people have to deal with. We are totally spoiled that we can be home from the airport in 30 minutes and my parents come pick us up in our van so it's cleaned off and warm in winter. (It does take 45 minutes then though since we have to drop them off at their house on the way home) :P LOL!

Oops! I always forget about the airport drive time some people have to deal with. We are totally spoiled that we can be home from the airport in 30 minutes and my parents come pick us up in our van so it's cleaned off and warm in winter. (It does take 45 minutes then though since we have to drop them off at their house on the way home) :P LOL!
That's a huge treat! So nice of them to help you out and also saves the cost of parking.

As the bird flies we're not very far from the Buffalo airport but we need to drive around Lake Ontario which makes our driving portion (including going through customs back into Canada) 3+ hours for us. That being said, normally the cheaper SW flights make the drive totally worth it!!

What ones that you've done would a child enjoy? I'd like to try one sometime but cost and enjoyable for her are 2 things that have kept me from booking anything....yet. That being said, she's watched a lot of stuff on Disney Parks and other sites on YouTube and has shown some interest in taking a tour. She has a great attention span so that doesn't concern me.
I know the wild trek at ak was a lot of fun. I went horse back riding at Fort Wilderness which was my 1st time ever and really loved it. I would also recommend keys to the kingdom at Magic Kingdom but I don't know if there's a certain age bracket for kids and maybe sometimes with some of the stuff to show you might ruin the magic for a youngsters. I hope that helps a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter