Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Any chance the February dates will go on sale? My daughter wants her friend to come with us for feb vacation but the tix are now $499 each way! What’s so frustrating is that my husband is longer coming but we can’t use his ticket for her, how I miss the good old days of Southwest.
If the lowest one-way fare is $499, it sounds like the Wanna Get Away fares (lowest fare type) are sold out, leaving only Anytime and Business Select seats, which are never discounted, but 100% refundable. If you are traveling during a busy period, such as President's Day weekend or school break, there just may not be many seats left for your travel dates; those seats sell very quickly, as soon as they can be booked. The best advice is to keep checking, every day. People do cancel (as you are aware) and change plans all the time.

Any chance the February dates will go on sale? My daughter wants her friend to come with us for feb vacation but the tix are now $499 each way! What’s so frustrating is that my husband is longer coming but we can’t use his ticket for her, how I miss the good old days of Southwest.
Depending on how old your daughter’s friend is, can she fly on a different flight? We did this earlier this year when my parents decided closer to our trip to join us. We went to the airport together, took separate flights then met up later in Orlando. Not the best but s better option than paying for expensive flights.

Another thought, if your husband definitely is not going are you cancelling his flight? If so, is there a chance it will free up 1 seat at a lower price?

Don’t know how this works with SW, just trying to think of options.

Is this what normally happens?
I had a 9:30 flight home booked. The points were a little high for me. A 6:30 flight opened up for super cheap points so I booked it just to hold it. I was debating with my husband on whether or not the earlier time would be worth the savings.
Later that day, I got a cancellation email from Southwest saying that my account had been credited with my 9:30 flight points since my itinerary had changed.
I often book multiple flights one way until I can finalize my itinerary, but I guess I’ve never had ones on the same day before this.
Will SW cancel two flights booked on the same day?

I had a 9:30 flight home booked. The points were a little high for me. A 6:30 flight opened up for super cheap points so I booked it just to hold it. I was debating with my husband on whether or not the earlier time would be worth the savings.
Later that day, I got a cancellation email from Southwest saying that my account had been credited with my 9:30 flight points since my itinerary had changed.
I often book multiple flights one way until I can finalize my itinerary, but I guess I’ve never had ones on the same day before this.
Yes they can.

From an article I was reading about it (from June 2018):

"Don’t book multiple Southwest reservations at the same time. According to the Flyertalk thread, Southwest’s system generally auto-cancels duplicate bookings sometime between 24-48 hours after making the duplicate reservation and they cancel just after midnight central time. It is unpredictable as to whether they will cancel the first booking you made or the second, so you can’t count on one or the other to be cancelled. Furthermore, making bookings that you don’t intend to fly is against Southwest’s program terms, so there is also the risk of shut down if Southwest perceives you to be abusing its system. I’ve personally cancelled plenty of Southwest bookings without issue, but it’s worth a note of caution."

In May 2017 they did a software and policy-type change. Looks like that's when they started doing more checking on multiple bookings among other things.

Yes, this happened to me -- even though it was two different cities but the same day. We were all going to Orlando spring break but coming home I booked my daughter one for MCO-home and another one Ft Lauderdale -home (she was trying to work out a college girlfriend plan). SW cancelled the Ft Lauderdale one. I rebooked it using a different account with points. That one stayed until I cancelled it when her plans didn't work out. Never realized it was against their terms but makes sense.

What happened to the Soutwest Non-Stop flights from Newark to Orlando???!!! I would think this is one of the most high in demand flights. I called Southweet and got the same ol answer that "it can change at anytime....etc..."

What happened to the Soutwest Non-Stop flights from Newark to Orlando???!!! I would think this is one of the most high in demand flights. I called Southweet and got the same ol answer that "it can change at anytime....etc..."
As SWA begins service in new cities, IE: Hawaii and so forth, they study the current routes they have and decisions are made that best meet their business needs.

Yes. You use to be able to book more than one ticket for the same day. About 3 yrs ago SWA announced they would be cancelling duplicate same day tickets they found in their system.

Do any of the other area airports still do non-stop to Orlando?

For us LaGuardia is the only airport that SWA flies non-stop to from my home airport. Having said that we flown into Newark when we've flown to the NYC area (only been twice so far) even though it means having to make stops.

Why does Disney Go not allow Southwest flights? If I want to fly Southwest should I just book everything through them? I have a toddler and want to keep things as simple as possible.

Thanks! It's totally a personal preference but I find booking the flights separately allows me to choose flight times and prices that better meet our travel needs. Is there an advantage to using Disney? You're still able to check luggage for SW at your resort, etc.

I just want to make sure I can still use Magic Express and have bags sent to the hotel if I use SW.
Oh you can for sure!! DME is available for all, regardless of airline and how you book it. Also, when you're leaving, SW is one of the airlines that is available for checking your luggage at the resort. We've used both of these services many, many times flying with SW and I have never booked flights via Disney. (LOL - I guess that's obvious since Disney and SW are not linked as an airline option when booking flights with Disney.)

Between our few trips and the 5 or so others that I've booked for family and friends this year, we have all used DME and had our luggage delivered to our resorts and none of us purchased flights with our Disney package. They were all purchased separately.

Awesome! Thank you so much scrappinginontario for your help. I’ve been to WDW many times but not with a toddler so I’m trying to iron out all details ahead of time .
Totally off topic but when I used to fly with my daughter as a toddler, the very best thing I took on a flight to entertain her was a little doll and band-aids! It entertained her for a good portion of our 2+ hour flight. My SIL did the same with a stuffed animal when my nephew was a baby.

IMG_0668_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Thank you so much scrappinginontario for your help. I’ve been to WDW many times but not with a toddler so I’m trying to iron out all details ahead of time .
For flying, look into the CARES flight harness, and see if your toddler fits the recommendations. So much better than lugging a car seat on the plane, and our kids loved it.

I have a flight on 6/23 PVD-MCO that I would like to change to a PVD-TAMPA. I purchased early bird for the flight. Just wondering if the early bird would carry over to the new flight or would I lose it if I changed it. Ive made changes before but it was always the same flight, just changed to a cheaper fare. And I've read that as long as the reservation number stays the same, the early bird transfers over. I guess I need to know if changing the destination city would change the reservation number? Thanks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!