Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Got our return flight booked for $114, which was the same price going to Orlando. Only had two nonstop, 9 am and 5:50 pm to Columbus. Not exactly what I wanted, but an evening flight with more time at Disney isn't all bad!!:dancer:

Needing some info regarding airport arrival times. Was hoping for a departure from STL around 1-2pm instead there is an 11:55am or a 5:05pm. We can get to the airport by 11am but not much earlier. SW suggests an arrival time 90 min before departure. If I book the 11:55am that’s just not giving enough time right? Or would we be ok as long as we hustle? It’s a Sunday direct flight if that makes a difference. We’ve flown out of Memphis but haven’t flown out of STL in years. I’m just trying to decide whether is worth it to risk or not?? I understand the repercussions if we don’t make it, but I’m also trying to be realistic and understand that they try to get you there way ahead! Help or others experiences please!

11:55 is the time the flight is leaving the airport. Boarding will begin as early as 30 minutes before.

What's keeping you from arriving earlier? You could consider staying at a hotel near airport the night before.

Needing some info regarding airport arrival times. Was hoping for a departure from STL around 1-2pm instead there is an 11:55am or a 5:05pm. We can get to the airport by 11am but not much earlier. SW suggests an arrival time 90 min before departure. If I book the 11:55am that’s just not giving enough time right? Or would we be ok as long as we hustle? It’s a Sunday direct flight if that makes a difference. We’ve flown out of Memphis but haven’t flown out of STL in years. I’m just trying to decide whether is worth it to risk or not?? I understand the repercussions if we don’t make it, but I’m also trying to be realistic and understand that they try to get you there way ahead! Help or others experiences please!
We fly out of what I consider to be a smaller airport and there is no way I would arrive less than an hour before a flight. You will need to check baggage (possibly), go through security, get to your gate and board. Boarding will most likely begin at 11:25 for a 11:55 flight as 11:55 is when they plane pushes back from a gate. 90 mins min for us and often 2 hours. It's just not worth the stress.

Is there any way possible you can get to the airport before 11am?

11:55 is the time the flight is leaving the airport. Boarding will begin as early as 30 minutes before.

What's keeping you from arriving earlier? You could consider staying at a hotel near airport the night before.

We fly out of what I consider to be a smaller airport and there is no way I would arrive less than an hour before a flight. You will need to check baggage (possibly), go through security, get to your gate and board. Boarding will most likely begin at 11:25 for a 11:55 flight as 11:55 is when they plane pushes back from a gate. 90 mins min for us and often 2 hours. It's just not worth the stress.

Is there any way possible you can get to the airport before 11am?

Thank you all for the quick replies and pretty much confirming what I was already afraid of! lol

We were going to church that morning as it was a Sunday. We would be done around 10:30 hence the 15-20 drive to the airport with an 11am arrival. No biggie, the later flight (5pm) will work just not ideal! Thanks again for the quick reply!

My husband is driving to Orlando and I will be flying down. We may or may not need to fly back (might be driving it). We won't know until the last minute. I was thinking I should go ahead and book the flights back (before the Wanna Get Away prices are gone). We will be paying with points. If I do this how far in advance do I need to cancel in order to be refunded my points? Also, would it be better for me to book round trip for myself or book each flight individually?

My husband is driving to Orlando and I will be flying down. We may or may not need to fly back (might be driving it). We won't know until the last minute. I was thinking I should go ahead and book the flights back (before the Wanna Get Away prices are gone). We will be paying with points. If I do this how far in advance do I need to cancel in order to be refunded my points? Also, would it be better for me to book round trip for myself or book each flight individually?
I have canceled the day prior to flights with no issues at all. The points went immediately back to my account. When canceling one part of an itinerary but keeping the rest, I had to call to cancel. There was no way (that I could figure out) to cancel part of it online.

WOOT! I didn’t know they changed the dates and I randomly checked today and my mid August flight was available. $114 rt nonstop from Baltimore at the exact time I wanted. I’ll take it! (And I’m glad I didn’t wait until next week to check)

I think I'll book them separately. After checking my points I'm going to have to anyway since I dont have enough points to cover everything.

$132 each way for August. Flight down is perfect, arriving at 4pm. Flight home isn't great, leaving MCO at 10:40am but I only wanted direct flights. Had enough in points & credits to cover 7 out of 8 - only had to pay $ for my flight there (booked 4 one way tickets)

A lot of complaints on SW's Twitter & FB about how they seem to have eliminated many flights, not just to MCO, but all Florida airports. I wonder where all these flights are being re-routed to.

Does anyone know if I originally book a flight with cash, can I later pay with points and get my money refunded? I signed up for one of southwest's credit card promotions and i'm not sure if the bonus points will be put on my account before southwest opens up their next round of flights. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A lot of complaints on SW's Twitter & FB about how they seem to have eliminated many flights, not just to MCO, but all Florida airports. I wonder where all these flights are being re-routed to.
Interesting. Hadn’t really thought about it but will say I can see the same in one direction but return flight options are identical:

Buffalo - Orlando this Sat: 17 flights (incl 6 direct)
Buffalo - Orlando Sat Sept 7: 14 flights (incl 3 direct)

Orlando - Buffalo this Sun: 12 flights (incl 2 direct)
Orlando - Buffalo Sun Sep 8: 12 flights (incl 2 direct)

It must be disappointing if flights people are used to taking are no longer available.

My experience with SW flights is almost every one of our BUF/MCO flights are completely full or only 1 or 2 empty seats. Not uncommon to be over sold. Do others find the same on your flights to/from MCO?

Does anyone know if I originally book a flight with cash, can I later pay with points and get my money refunded? I signed up for one of southwest's credit card promotions and i'm not sure if the bonus points will be put on my account before southwest opens up their next round of flights. Any suggestions? Thanks!
No.

If you purchase s ticket with $ you can get a flight credit for that amount. Travel must be completed within 365 days of purchase date. They do not refund $.

ALB went from 2 nonstop per day to one. If I didn't have SW points, I would have booked JetBlue... Used up all my points so I think it's time to get a JetBlue card and leave SW behind.

I'd consider it a good price. We're flying from Manchester, NH--$159 to Orlando, $154 home, in August. I consider those good prices...$313 round trip. Last Thanksgiving was $570/person roundtrip out of Hartford, CT.

Those sound like pretty good prices. They might go down but there is no guarantee that they will.

Thanks! I ended up booking!

No.

If you purchase s ticket with $ you can get a flight credit for that amount. Travel must be completed within 365 days of purchase date. They do not refund $.
That's disappointing to hear. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to hope my bonus points come through first!

There's been a noticeable (to me) reduction in direct flights to MCO this year, compared to years past. I have five airports between 1 and 2.5 hrs of me that Southwest flies out of, and I used to have 1-4 direct flights each per day from all of them to choose from, but now generally have 0-2 to choose from. As a result, the flights book up faster and deals are hard to come by.

I do wonder if Southwest is anticipating a lot of demand for their Hawaiian routes they plan to open up this year and is adjusting their fleet to meet that demand.

I missed the boat, just found out about the flights tonight. Hope I can still get a decent boarding position with Earlybird. Last trip we had A 17 & 18 on the way down and A 21 & 22 on the way home, but I booked the moment they were released for them.

I didn’t realize that flights were released :( I missed out on better pricing for a morning flight. I might just wait, but I’m bummed about that he lack of flights compared to now. There are no direct evening flights to buffalo in early September like I was hoping. So now I’m trying to convince my sister to stay an extra night! Wish me luck!

Last year they had a spring fare sale over Valentine's Day with fares as low as $49. Definitely hoping for the same this year (though not holding my breath, of course). We have flights booked, but I'm not crazy about the time of our flight to Orlando and would like to have the morning time instead or the day before. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter