Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

So I’m an idiot...
I forgot to book my daughter on my DH’s companion pass and now the flight is sold out.
To change to another flight is unaffordable.
Would SW let me change my husband’s ticket to my daughter’s name? And if so, would there be a fee?
I’m thinking of flying with my kids on the flight and sending my husband on Spirit by himself...

Watching for a seat to open is always an option. If you have enough RR points, you could always cover yourselves by booking the flight for the following day, while watching for one seat to open for your preferred date. You would just need to cancel the date you don’t need and get a refund of the points/fees. Keep in mind that once you are about three weeks from your departure date, the fare will keep increasing in cost, due to minimum purchase requirements for WGA fares.

Watching for a seat to open is always an option. If you have enough RR points, you could always cover yourselves by booking the flight for the following day, while watching for one seat to open for your preferred date. You would just need to cancel the date you don’t need and get a refund of the points/fees. Keep in mind that once you are about three weeks from your departure date, the fare will keep increasing in cost, due to minimum purchase requirements for WGA fares.
Thanks! The flight I’m stalking is for Monday. I originally planned to fly out Wednesday, but they’re calling for snow as of now. I booked this flight as a back up of sorts. Just totally forgot about the companion ticket though.

Thanks! The flight I’m stalking is for Monday. I originally planned to fly out Wednesday, but they’re calling for snow as of now. I booked this flight as a back up of sorts. Just totally forgot about the companion ticket though.
There have been so many Southwest travel advisories, lately, where they let you rebook for a different date, at the same fare, subject to seat availability. You may want to keep an eye on their website, to see if your date is affected.

I wish you good luck with your plans. Just focus on escaping the miserable weather at home!

A reminder for those who are flying Southwest on February 14...

The LUV airline will offer free drinks onboard, in honor of the holiday. As they don’t always make an announcement, just ask when beverage service begins.

A reminder for those who are flying Southwest on February 14...

The LUV airline will offer free drinks onboard, in honor of the holiday. As they don’t always make an announcement, just ask when beverage service begins.

Of course, we're flying on the 15th. :upsidedow

I had to cancel my husband about 30 hours before we were to fly a few weeks ago. I got all points refunded. I thought the policy was 24 hours, but I could be wrong.
Thank you! If I cancelled it would probably be a couple days before, so I'm safe either way. :)

SW experts - I do not fly much but will be flying SW quite a few times this year. I have a B10 boarding pass for tomorrow - hoping that the two of us flying (me and husband) will be able to sit together. From your experiences does it seem likely? Thanks!

SW experts - I do not fly much but will be flying SW quite a few times this year. I have a B10 boarding pass for tomorrow - hoping that the two of us flying (me and husband) will be able to sit together. From your experiences does it seem likely? Thanks!

If it is a continuing flight and passengers are already on board, you will have trouble. If not, you might be able to sit together but it will be in the back. The Orlando flights have lots of families which will board between A and B that take up side-by-side seats. We sometimes splurge on the $50 upgrade at the gate to the first A positions.

Do you know how can I tell if it is an originating flight or a continuing flight?

There may be an easier way but I go to Flight Aware and search for the flight. (Enter the airline and flight number on the main page.) When the search page comes up, you will see upcoming flights in the activity log below the map. If is not a continuing light, it should only have your flight listed. If it is a continuing flight, you will see another flight listed that leaves from another city but lands at your city before your flight takes off. It will also indicate the type of plane. Continuing flights use the same aircraft. Please note that having the flights listed with the same flight numbers and aircraft may not be positive proof it is a continuing flight but there is a high probability that there will be people already on it when you board.

You could also use the old-school method of calling the airline and asking a real person. Radical idea, tho, in this electronic age.

There may be an easier way but I go to Flight Aware and search for the flight. (Enter the airline and flight number on the main page.) When the search page comes up, you will see upcoming flights in the activity log below the map. If is not a continuing light, it should only have your flight listed. If it is a continuing flight, you will see another flight listed that leaves from another city but lands at your city before your flight takes off. It will also indicate the type of plane. Continuing flights use the same aircraft. Please note that having the flights listed with the same flight numbers and aircraft may not be positive proof it is a continuing flight but there is a high probability that there will be people already on it when you board.

You could also use the old-school method of calling the airline and asking a real person. Radical idea, tho, in this electronic age.
SWA generally uses the same types of planes so it's not really indicative of continuing flights using the same aircraft.

Do you know how can I tell if it is an originating flight or a continuing flight?
Well there's a difference in a connection flight with a plane change and a connection flight without a plane change.

The PP is speaking towards a flight without a plane change where there are already passengers aboard the plane meaning less seats available for incoming passengers.

I know you can look up the flight path to see if there are connections along the way but I don't know that you can necessarily look up to see if a particular flight is a connection without a plane change. Generally speaking though if a flight number hasn't changed it denotes no plane change but that is not an absolute. Sometimes mechanical issues or other things necessitate a plane change too when no plane change was originally scheduled.

Personally, with B10 I would not be concerned. My recommendation though is that you scan towards the back of the plane. If it’s filling up I’d recommend you take one of the first pairs of seats you see even if it’s not the configuration you want. E.g aisle & middle or, middle and window. That could make the difference if getting seats together.

I've read through the stroller comments, but I'm not seeing anything, so here goes:

We'd like to counter check our strollers on the way to Disney. We don't have park time scheduled on our arrival day, and the kids are old enough to walk through the airport, so I'd rather just let ME deliver the stroller to my hotel.

I'm bringing a double jogger and a single umbrella. Because I'm counter checking and using ME, I want the strollers to be bagged. I purchased a large stroller bag, which does fit both the double and single in it. However, the combined weight is 52lb.

So, my very long-winded question is, does anyone have experience with whether they enforce weight limits on counter checked strollers? It's another $10 to get a second bag for the umbrella stroller, which I can certainly spend if I have to.

For that matter, has anyone counter checked a stroller and then used ME delivery on it? I assumed I would want it bagged for that kind of trip, but hubby says we should just send it through bagless. Thoughts?

Personally, with B10 I would not be concerned. My recommendation though is that you scan towards the back of the plane. If it’s filling up I’d recommend you take one of the first pairs of seats you see even if it’s not the configuration you want. E.g aisle & middle or, middle and window. That could make the difference if getting seats together.
Surprisingly, we were able to get two seats together in the 4th row of the plane (with B10 boarding number) Thanks for the help everyone!

We are going to book SW for our flight from MCO to LAS later this year. My preference is to book with an airline that allows us to seat select (kids 13 & 10 won't like sitting next to a stranger) however the alternatives aren't great - longer and significantly more expensive with connections or direct with super budget airlines with bad departure times. I'm going to book on the release date and purchase EBCI. I have also checked inbound flights in the weeks before we will be travelling, and if booked through SW it wasn't common for the flights from the inbound origin to route through MCO to our destination, so doubt there will be many people staying on the plane. I've also started prepping the kids for the just in case scenario, so comfortable that we can manage if for some reason we aren't able to sit with the kids.

Apart from the concern around seating, I'm looking forward to travelling with SW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter