Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Well that was a stressful release - I would have much preferred to have been able to book more calmly at home before 7:00 am.

I was actually ok with the times and options for flights for President’s Day week/school vacation - there was a 5:45 pm non-stop from PVD Thursday night before our cruise on the Dream. We’ll stay the night at the airport hotel and take transportation to the port in the morning. That saves us from missing that day of school and work completely. Flying back with a late Friday non-stop since the weekend was very expensive.

We paid $322/person (booked one of our flights with 21,367 points), which I didn’t think was too bad. I checked the same flights again a couple hours ago and they were up to $693/person!

This was one of the worst openings. We booked one leg of the flight normally. When trying to book the second we saw a decent price, but when we got to the final step I received an error message. Tried it again and price increased by 30.00. I also think someone at SW must have known they were opening the dates incrementally so just post a message to that effect the night before. It would have saved many from being online at 6 am. JMO

This was one of the worst openings. We booked one leg of the flight normally. When trying to book the second we saw a decent price, but when we got to the final step I received an error message. Tried it again and price increased by 30.00. I also think someone at SW must have known they were opening the dates incrementally so just post a message to that effect the night before. It would have saved many from being online at 6 am. JMO

Same with me. I had 4 Wanna Get Away tickets in my cart loaded all my payment info (mostly autofill because I was in my account and using points) and I hit Purchase and poof flight not available. We are locked into departing Buf to MCO on 2-14 so I had to end up purchasing three Business select tickets OOP for way more. Dissappointed but will make the best of it since family vacations are going to become less and less with kids going off to college.

Same with me. I had 4 Wanna Get Away tickets in my cart loaded all my payment info (mostly autofill because I was in my account and using points) and I hit Purchase and poof flight not available. We are locked into departing Buf to MCO on 2-14 so I had to end up purchasing three Business select tickets OOP for way more. Dissappointed but will make the best of it since family vacations are going to become less and less with kids going off to college.
The BS tickets are fully refundable. There is a good chance that less expensive seats will become available. Constant checking of fares very often yields positive results, so, don't give up.

Last edited:

It was mentioned on Twitter by @SouthwestAir, yesterday morning (I did re-post that message, earlier in this thread, before the schedule went live yesterday).
https://www.disboards.com/threads/post-all-sw-questions-concerns-etc-here.2500174/post-60959681

Twitter is a very good source of up-to-date information for Southwest.

Last edited:
Any expectation that they may release additional WGA fares for a given date if AT and Business don’t sell well?
when the last set of dates were released, our flights home said all (5 i think) WGA fares sold out immediately. just last week all of those flights came back with WGA fares. there is hope. i was surprised, and now we are 2 months away from our trip, they added flights the day we leave, which i've never noticed that before.

I did my first ever check in on a SW flight this morning as I've always purchased EBCI previously. It went okay, but I didn't anticipate needing to click on two pages, so I clicked/tapped the first "check in" button and then sat happily thinking, "Well good, that's done" and then realized I needed to click on the new page that opened up. Only missed a few seconds, but I'm frustrated with myself. Anyway, we got high A for our first leg and low B for our second. Glad we have EBCI for the return home.

I feel badly for those whose flights start in a major hub! I think those people are almost forced to purchase EBCI.

The challenge lies in that every other person who is checking in for their first flight, gets to automatically check in for their second flight out of the hub, earlier than the 24 hour mark hits for hub person.

I feel badly for those whose flights start in a major hub! I think those people are almost forced to purchase EBCI.

The challenge lies in that every other person who is checking in for their first flight, gets to automatically check in for their second flight out of the hub, earlier than the 24 hour mark hits for hub person.
Yes, that happens. The other issue is when you are boarding a flight that originates in another city, and there already passengers onboard.

I find that very early morning flights are the best, as there probably are no connecting passengers and fewer possibilities of flight delays (except for weather, mechanical, and crew rest issues).

Yeah, but there are a lot more flights to choose from. BWI has 10 direct flights to MCO on the date we're flying down. Our airport had 2 -7am and 6pm. I'd rather have the added options.

So if we have our boarding passes on our phones and aren't checking a bag, can we just proceed straight to security and our gate? No need to go to the SW counter?

The BS tickets are fully refundable. There is a good chance that less expensive seats will become available. Constant checking of fares very often yields positive results, so, don't give up.

THIS! I was so upset with the fares for Thanksgiving week when I booked in May. I booked Business Select for our flight home as nothing else was available. Just scored WGA fare this week, so I am waiting on a nice credit.

when the last set of dates were released, our flights home said all (5 i think) WGA fares sold out immediately. just last week all of those flights came back with WGA fares. there is hope. i was surprised, and now we are 2 months away from our trip, they added flights the day we leave, which i've never noticed that before.
Thanks. Will keep checking fares on SWA and also monitoring fares on other airlines via Kayak alerts. I’m in NYC metro area, so have a lot of options. But SWA is much more convenient for me. I have time, so we’ll see what happens.

I changed my flight to an earlier time and it dropped my EBCI. It didn't alert me it was going to change anything and I just happened to see a statement about buying the A1-A15 so I called about that. They said it was because I changed the flight and the refund was already processed that day. I could buy the EBCI again but it would be today's date and not from the 2.5 months earlier when I originally booked. I passed.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I call back and talk to a supervisor can they back date the EBCI or would I just be told the same thing?

I changed my flight to an earlier time and it dropped my EBCI. It didn't alert me it was going to change anything and I just happened to see a statement about buying the A1-A15 so I called about that. They said it was because I changed the flight and the refund was already processed that day. I could buy the EBCI again but it would be today's date and not from the 2.5 months earlier when I originally booked. I passed.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I call back and talk to a supervisor can they back date the EBCI or would I just be told the same thing?
You are switching a brand new flight therefore it is only right that your EBCI now be dated for the date you switched your flight. Its not right for the people who already bought tickets ahead of you on your new flight to be pushed out of the que to allow someone who bought a different flight earlier then they did to take their spot in the EBCI line just because they switched their flights. How would you feel if you were the one holding a ticket on the flight that someone switched too and they allowed the other person to cut in front of you

I have a question about my upcoming flight in a few weeks. I just happened to be checking to see if airfare changed and I proceeded to click on my flight number and I got a dropdown box that mentions % on time arrival is 60% and % cancellation is 40%. Does this mean that this flight gets cancelled 40% of the time? Gosh I hope not. Anyone know? Thx.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for Southwest refunds to hit your credit card? I know banks vary. I have a Disney Visa and just curious, as it's been 6 days.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for Southwest refunds to hit your credit card? I know banks vary. I have a Disney Visa and just curious, as it's been 6 days.
For us it’s normally 5-7 business days. I would anticipate seeing it soon.

That being said, I can only remember 1 time we received a couple of credits from SW, when my parents had to cancel their cruise due to mon’s surgery.

Normally our ‘credits’ are in the form of travel credits and those show up on our RR account immediately.

For us it’s normally 5-7 business days. I would anticipate seeing it soon.

That being said, I can only remember 1 time we received a couple of credits from SW, when my parents had to cancel their cruise due to mon’s surgery.

Normally our ‘credits’ are in the form of travel credits and those show up on our RR account immediately.

This is definitely a credit to my card. I can see the travel funds from another credit in my RR account. :)

Thank you!

I have a question about my upcoming flight in a few weeks. I just happened to be checking to see if airfare changed and I proceeded to click on my flight number and I got a dropdown box that mentions % on time arrival is 60% and % cancellation is 40%. Does this mean that this flight gets cancelled 40% of the time? Gosh I hope not. Anyone know? Thx.
This can be misleading. Sometimes, cancellations are weather-related and seasonal in nature - i.e. flying from a northern city where snowstorms might be responsible for cancellations. I would check the status of your flight over the next week, or so, for any delays or cancellations, to get a better idea. The cancellations might also be related to the MAX8 situation, which is pretty much under control, at least for the time being.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter