Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

It's not that simple on the IT end. There are huge processes and jobs that need to run in specific orders to ensure everything is updated correctly. We have some jobs at work that can run in seconds and others take hours and hours to complete fully. Something as huge as updating their flight options, times, routes etc would take many jobs running in a specific order. This is another reason why you'll normally see the Low Fare Calendar updated first. That job is queued before the one that updates the individual 'to' 'from' cities.

And this is why I don't work in the IT world, hahaha! Too complicated.

I just spotted fares on the Low Fare Calendar through June 2020 (the last extension) at 8:58am ET.

Make sure you're checking the Low Fare Calendar. Historically flights are posted there first.

View attachment 458074

Thanks for that info! I was actually able to see my late June flights that way. The problem is that my return flight for July isn't updated yet and depending what that shows, will determine which leg we use points for and which we pay cash for. I'm tempted to just the book the June one on points right now though!

I show flights through August now on Low Fare Calendar. Not sure if I'm going to buy yet.

Booked my flights, but was shocked at Early Bird Checkin. Since when did they raise the price to $20/pp. each way? I guess I haven't flown SWA in a while!:oops:

Used the low fare calendar as suggested and booked PVD to MCO rt 6/23-6/30 for 7 people.... Merry Christmas to my grandkids!! Thanks so much Scrappinginontar
👍😀

Last edited:
FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through October 30th, 2020.

Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:
  • NEXT RELEASE: 6/3/20 - travel through January 4th, 2021*
  • 3/12/20 - travel through October 30th, 2020
  • 12/11/19 - travel through August 10th, 2020
  • 10/30/19 - travel through June 6th, 2020
  • 9/26/19 - travel through April 13th, 2020
  • 8/15/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
  • 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
  • 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
  • 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
  • 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
  • 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
  • 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
  • 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
  • 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
  • 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
  • 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
  • 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
  • 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
  • 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
  • 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
  • 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
*Subject to Change - check back frequently here: https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above) They appear to be tightening the inventory a bit this year vs. prior year's releases.

RELEASE TIMES:
  • the release on 3/12/20 went live at 9:40am.
  • The release on 12/11/19 went live at 9:10am.
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.
If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". But be advised that I will not go back and update this post if they alter the next release date in the future.

Last edited:
Whew! It's done! Booked our flights for late June on points (no EBCI), and our flights back in July I paid cash for with EBCI (because I'll have no clue where I'll be at the 24 hour mark for this one and I don't need the stress).

That’s just their standard response. I’m seeing some flights available now.
Of course, after waking up early and watching for three hours, the schedule opened while I was driving to work. My preferred itinerary for one-way is about 6800 points more than what I ended up booking, and that preferred itinerary only has one seat left at that fare.

Of course, after waking up early and watching for three hours, the schedule opened while I was driving to work. My preferred itinerary for one-way is about 6800 points more than what I ended up booking, and that preferred itinerary only has one seat left at that fare.
Man I'm sorry to hear that!! I was on the every 30 minutes alarm, lol... I woke up at 7:15, 7:45, 8:15, 8:45, 9:15. That is not the kind of sleep my body needed after staying up until about 3am last night doing some work but it'll have to do!

Just got done booking our flights now. This isn't a Disney trip and it's on a route that doesn't often book up fast so it wasn't a huge rush for me this morning.

I noticed flights came online through Aug 10 when I got back from school 2 drop off at 9:25. MCO-DCA. Wasn't too impressed with what was available, pretty high in my opinion but still booked.

A sad day has come... booked our summer vacation which is my last "Family Boarding" ever as my younger daughter will turn 7 at the end of next summer... Hello $200 in EBCI expenses next time I book, lol! Luckily we don't ever pay for the flights due to points so this just means my flights will cost $200 RT instead of $0 RT, 🤣 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter