Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I received the notice that I can change our flights, but when looking at the schedule, our flight times are still listed and our flights are still the same as what we booked. So does this mean our flights won't be changed by Southwest in the future? Would the only reason to change flights would be if we aren't happy with the times we've already booked, not because Southwest might cancel our flights? One flight I might possibly want to change to says only 3 available at the Wanna Get Away fare. We would need 4 tickets, so could I still change to this flight? Or what if the Wanna Get Away fare is sold out,
I just changed my flight and the wanna get away fare had been sold out for weeks. You can try and see what’s available and just back out without changing anything.

The notice that I can change flights is showing on the Southwest app, but not when I pull up my account and flights on the desktop Southwest site. Has anyone had this happen? If you change flights, does this change your early bird boarding status, which we purchased the day flights were available for our dates?

The notice that I can change flights is showing on the Southwest app, but not when I pull up my account and flights on the desktop Southwest site. Has anyone had this happen? If you change flights, does this change your early bird boarding status, which we purchased the day flights were available for our dates?

Any time you change your flight, you go to the back of the line among the people who purchased EBCI. Can't answer your other question.

The notice that I can change flights is showing on the Southwest app, but not when I pull up my account and flights on the desktop Southwest site. Has anyone had this happen?
I can see the offer to change flights on the website, after logging in to my account and clicking the "change" option for a flight from 04.14.2020 - 06.06.2020. The banner appears at the top of the page, and notes the earliest and latest dates that can be booked for the changed flight.

I got an email that southwest changed my June 2 flight for our beach trip. They changed it to the worst choice available that had 2 stops on the way. I went changed it to a better alternative that isnt great since it leaves at 615 am. I ended up getting $50 credit. The original flight is gone. It was connecting through BWI.

SW changed my return flight on 6/2. My original flight was to depart 9:40am and they changed it to 5:35pm. I'm not happy but at least its still a direct flight. I paid for Early Bird on the return flight. Since I didn't make the change I am hoping that my EBCI wasn't cancelled and I didn't lose my place in line. Anyone know how this works?

SW changed my return flight on 6/2. My original flight was to depart 9:40am and they changed it to 5:35pm. I'm not happy but at least its still a direct flight. I paid for Early Bird on the return flight. Since I didn't make the change I am hoping that my EBCI wasn't cancelled and I didn't lose my place in line. Anyone know how this works?
Early Bird should still be there; you can go to the website and put in your confirmation number and name and it should show if Early Bird is there in your itinerary; it will be under "extras." The symbol is a rising sun, and if Early bird isn't registered it will just be straight line. Or, you can also call them to double check.

The Early Bird isn’t cancelled.

The EBCI won't be cancelled but I'm sorry to say you will be moved behind all of the EBCI that were already on the new flight.

If you're not happy with the new flight, is it possible to move your flight since you're flying within the window of people who are being offered free changes? Is there another flight earlier in the day you'd be happier with? Since your EBCI is already moved you wouldn't really be losing anything.

The EBCI won't be cancelled but I'm sorry to say you will be moved behind all of the EBCI that were already on the new flight.

If you're not happy with the new flight, is it possible to move your flight since you're flying within the window of people who are being offered free changes? Is there another flight earlier in the day you'd be happier with? Since your EBCI is already moved you wouldn't really be losing anything.

There are no earlier direct flights, I wish there were. I'm not even sure if this flight was there before as I wanted the early flight.

The whole reason I book EBCI on the return flight is so I don't have to keep looking at the clock to check in at 24hrs. Since its just the 2 of us we don't really need to sit together.

Now to figure out if it's worth the extra days tickets to go to the park for a few hours.

SW changed my sister's return flight the day after memorial day from MCO to PIT with a stop in ATL 7:20PM-11:25PM to a MCO-BWI-ATL(!)-PIT that would leave at 3:25 PM, and arrive at PIT at 11:25... needless to say, we're changing that since that's our DHS day, and my sister is a uber SW fan. Changed her flight to the last non-stop of the night, so she'll get almost a full day to do DHS, especially if they're still doing BG's for RotR then (assuming she'll leave around 7:30 on DME..)

SW canceled my non-stop flight from LAS to MCO and tried putting us on a flight from LAS that went to BWI, then from BWI to ATL, and ATL to MCO lol. Luckily I was able to change it to from LAS to MCO with just 1 layover in Austin, TX. No way was I going to take that route that had 2 stops. It had the total travel time of 9 hours and 25 minutes...YIKES!

My original flight is no longer offered. Just by frequently checking to see if prices dropped, I discovered this today. Southwest moved our reservations to the only other non-stop flight that would arrive the original date but in the wee hours of the original date. I am not able to make any changes online. It says I have to call. The wait time when I just attempted to call was close to 1.5 hours. Just wondering what I will be 'allowed' to do with this reservation. It was paid for with gift cards which I'm checking to make sure I know where I put those after I booked. Here's hoping for the best.

I just changed one of my flights and noticed that the confirmation number stays the same on the new flight as the old confirmation number. Is this normal? The new flight times are showing on my account.

I just changed one of my flights and noticed that the confirmation number stays the same on the new flight as the old confirmation number. Is this normal? The new flight times are showing on my account.
As long as you 'change' the original flight and don't 'cancel', yes, your confirmation number will stay the same. You will also keep your EBCI if you purchased it. If you cancel a flight that you've purchased EBCI for you will lose the EBCI money.

So this is more of a general flying question probably, rather than specifically a SW question. We will need our stroller and her backless carseat when we get to FL but not in the airport. How do we go about getting them onto the plane?

You will check them when you check your luggage. They will need to be tagged at the airport. There is a good chance you will pick them up in a different location close to the luggage pickup as they will be specialty items. I don’t believe there is an extra charge but best to check the SW website.

Airlines do not charge baggage fees for checking strollers, carseats, wheelchairs, ECVs or any other medical transport devices. With SW. Those items can be checked in addition to your normal 2 bags.

Steve

How do you know the type of plane you are flying on? I’m only flying in August, and I actually didn’t book yet, but I have my eye on a particular flight. I can’t find any information on the plane type though.

Also, is early bird now $25/person?

I have a question about travel funds. A flight of ours has dropped in price the last few weeks, and since they were WGA fares, I got credit for the difference when I called. If I were to book another flight within the year window using this credit, but later had to cancel for another flight that falls outside of the year window, would I lose the travel funds or would my year window start all over? We haven't nailed down our travel just yet for the next year so things may change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!