Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

123Dis4Me

Mouseketeer
I am traveling Easter Week, not to WDW this time. Right now, SW flights are really high for that time and most of the Wanna Get Away fares are sold out. In general, do you guys think they will go down at all? I am considering flying with another airline because they are about $600 cheaper than Southwest right now for 2 people. I know you guys all know your stuff so please give me your opinions! Thanks.

scrappinginontario

DIS Veteran
I am traveling Easter Week, not to WDW this time. Right now, SW flights are really high for that time and most of the Wanna Get Away fares are sold out. In general, do you guys think they will go down at all? I am considering flying with another airline because they are about $600 cheaper than Southwest right now for 2 people. I know you guys all know your stuff so please give me your opinions! Thanks.
For a $600 difference and with Wanna Get Away fares being sold out I'd be booking with the other airline.

That's quite a difference but for me it would depend on what airline you're talking about.

I'd also say it may be destination specific with your SWA flight route you're taking because we're flying to Vegas on Easter Sunday and it's stayed low at $123 per person WGA. Even though I've seen Vegas for less than that it's still not what I would consider high.

123Dis4Me

Mouseketeer
    Thanks for your input. The flights are super high for a few days before and after my intended flight date. They are also high in the closest airports to me (2 or 2 and a half hours away) that SW flies out of. I hate that SW no longer flies out of Newark, NJ....I think this is part of the problem too! Another airline might be getting my business unfortunately. This is a game I do not enjoy playing!

TNKim

Mouseketeer
    I received the notice on my account last Thursday that I could change our flights for free due to the Max 8 extension, and on Friday I changed our return flight. I just signed on to my Southwest account to possibly change our departure flight and now the banner is not showing with the notice offering a free change. Does this mean the free change was only offered for a few days and it's too late to change it for free?

kaytieeldr

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
    Yeah, relatively certain that's what it means. Probably enough people took advantage of the offer in those few days that WE doesn't need to move anyone else.

• BelleOftheBall16

Earning My Ears
    I received the notice on my account last Thursday that I could change our flights for free due to the Max 8 extension, and on Friday I changed our return flight. I just signed on to my Southwest account to possibly change our departure flight and now the banner is not showing with the notice offering a free change. Does this mean the free change was only offered for a few days and it's too late to change it for free?
    Yes, when Southwest offers the free changes, they only last 4-5 days.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates