Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I just booked our flight today to Disney. On the app, it’s showing me I have the option to change my flight without incurring any fees. Does this mean I have to change my flight or I can if I want to? We actually really like this flight time, but I will change it to a flight that leaves about 2 hours earlier than the one I booked if I have to.
You may keep what you have or, you may change to any other flight without penalty.

Too bad you hadn’t known you were going to see this message before booking as you would have been able to select the least expensive flights and then immediately switch to the flights you wanted without penalty.

You may keep what you have or, you may change to any other flight without penalty.

Too bad you hadn’t known you were going to see this message before booking as you would have been able to select the least expensive flights and then immediately switch to the flights you wanted without penalty.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. The cheapest flight is $20 less than what we paid, so an $80 savings total, but I’m okay with the price we paid.

It looks like the "change" banner is no longer being displayed when looking at summer 2020 reservations affected by Southwest removing MAX 8 aircraft from their schedule, during that specified time frame.

@wishicouldgomoreofte

From the SW website, "We are currently accepting air reservations through August 10, 2020. On March 12, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through October 31, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

Once they release that batch, you'll get a date for the next release which should include December.

Keep checking here.
https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

Last edited:
@wishicouldgomoreofte

From the SW website, "We are currently accepting air reservations through August 10, 2020. On March 12, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through October 31, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

Once they release that batch, you'll get a date for the next release which should include December.

Keep checking here.
https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/
Thank you. I forgot that I had asked on here, and just came to ask the same question. Imagine my surprise when I saw your answer to the exact question I came to ask, and it was directed at ME!!!!:sad2:

A minor tweak (well major to me...) has been made to the next SW release:
  • On March 12, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through October 30, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
They are ending the next release on FRIDAY OCTOBER 30th now. Previously it included Saturday 10/31. As a result, my personal interest in this release just went from 100% to 0%, hahaha!!

Just waiting for Southwest to have some type of sale, been watching the flights we want for months🤓. The prices are higher than average and have not yet budged. I suspect the Boeing thing is causing this.

Did any one here fly to MCO for President's Week? I am trying to get a ballpark figure of how much flights may set me back President's week next year. I am planning on flying to MCO on Monday and back to Albany on Friday or Saturday - I am thinking it could be quite high!

Did any one here fly to MCO for President's Week? I am trying to get a ballpark figure of how much flights may set me back President's week next year. I am planning on flying to MCO on Monday and back to Albany on Friday or Saturday - I am thinking it could be quite high!

We flew from Providence to MCO the Thursday before Presidents Day (had a cruise that left on Friday) and back on Friday for about $350 per person round trip. We booked right when they opened, and even then the weekend flights back were much more expensive. The price only went up from there (that window had a weird opening time, my friends who were traveling with us missed it by a couple hours and paid more than we did). I was ok with that price - it’s school vacation week here, so it could have been worse!

Thanks. That seems like a good price, I would be happy with that. It is my school break too and I am hoping for a fair price.

I do it every other year (ALB - MCO), we spend between $400-$600 pp round trip, plus EBCI. I buy the second the prices come out (thanks to everyone here). Generally one way is ok (so Monday down is fine) but Fri/Sat/Sun back is high. I try to book that leg first, then book the other one after. I budget about $2000 for the 4 of us to fly. Flights home on the weekend sell out that first day of sales and never come back (I've been tracking them for almost 5 years). It's been worse the past year or so, since they've had to cut back on flights. We also tend to split with SW one way and JetBlue the other, depending on which has the better direct flight times - lately SW has either been 7am or 9pm back to Albany, which is just miserable.

Thank you so much! I have never flown Jet Blue but I am considering looking at them too. I had not considered booking the way back first, but every second counts when booking for that week and that is a huge help!

Question

My DH prefers to drive rather than fly. We are flying in this June for a cruise though. My SW fare has dropped and is now $72 total cheaper now than it was when I booked when flights opened in December. I know I would not get a refund. I know that it is a credit for each passenger that must be used a year from the original booking date (I just read through the rebooking terms). Knowing you don't really fly, would you still rebook fro the credit or leave it as is?

Question

My DH prefers to drive rather than fly. We are flying in this June for a cruise though. My SW fare has dropped and is now $72 total cheaper now than it was when I booked when flights opened in December. I know I would not get a refund. I know that it is a credit for each passenger that must be used a year from the original booking date (I just read through the rebooking terms). Knowing you don't really fly, would you still rebook fro the credit or leave it as is?
i normally adjust the fare to the lower price. Most of my credits expire but you never know when you might book something. Can’t hurt to adjust your fare.

My non-stop MCO-PIT on Friday Feb 21 was $104 (I had some travel funds to apply so paid cash). DH's was 5864 RR points. It was the last flight of the night. I used American points to get there.

I bought my tix last week from a different airport because the ones I’d been watching never budged since November! I’m glad I did because the one I picked just went up! I was hoping for a sale but it never happened and I wanted flights out the way.

Question

I would definentantly do the price adjustment. It might prompt you later to take a trip. You have one year from the original purchase date do us those funds. Even if the hubby does not fly doesnt mean you cant take a cheap trip to WDW or anywhere else by yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter