- Aug 1, 2015
All done! RDU-MCO for our times was $104 both ways, but I use points, and it was 7,323 points per person each way. Not bad at all!
Oh Wow- that is odd. I was hoping to be done with constantly checking Southwest's site for awhile!!! I'll be needing to book for February. Hoping it's in the August time frame.FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through October 30th, 2020.
Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:
In an odd move... SW's next release was not announced this morning. Instead you're met with this phrase: "At this time, we do not have a date for our next schedule extension therefore please check back frequently."
*Subject to Change - check back frequently here: https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/
- NEXT RELEASE: TBD*
- 5/28/20 - travel through January 4th, 2021
- 3/12/20 - travel through October 30th, 2020
- 12/11/19 - travel through August 10th, 2020
- 10/30/19 - travel through June 6th, 2020
- 9/26/19 - travel through April 13th, 2020
- 8/15/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
- 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
- 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
- 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
- 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
- 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
- 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
- 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
- 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
- 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
- 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
- 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
- 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
- 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
- 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
- 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above) They appear to be tightening the inventory a bit this year vs. prior year's releases.
RELEASE TIMES (all times Eastern):
If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". But be advised that I will not go back and update this post if they alter the next release date in the future.
- the release on 5/28/20 went live at 9:06am.
- the release on 3/12/20 went live at 9:40am.
- The release on 12/11/19 went live at 9:10am.
- The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
- The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
- The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
- The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.
We are PIT -MCO as well. These prices are better than the past two years for Christmas flights but there were some that we're insane. I was disappointed in the flights times though.Oh man! That's so much better than my PIT to MCO flights! Though we leave 2 days after Thanksgiving, ugh.
We are PIT -MCO as well. These prices are better than the past two years for Christmas flights but there were some that we're insane. I was disappointed in the flights times though.
The option was there for me. It was under where you put your names inSo I’d like to change the date of an existing flight. I also have travel funds valid for the new travel dates. As my new flights are more expensive than my current, I’d like to use my travel funds (I have multiple fund but at least 1 is large enough to cover the difference). I don’t see the option to use those travel fund when checking out. Is it not possible to use travel funds when changing flights?
No, it has 10/29/20 as the expiration date so I could not use them for the trip I am booking now I'll call later because I am burnt out right now. They are issuing me a voucher for the $50 I paid for Early Bird booking which applies to flights only so I will have to book one of my flights with cash instead of pointsWhen you are logged into your RR account and click "View Travel Funds", does it show that the expiration date has updated to 9/7/22?
The transfer has always been instant (or at least within 30min or so) for me.Two questions as this is the first time I'm looking at Southwest:
If I use points to book my tickets for December, do they have the same reusable policy as tickets bought with cash?
Has anyone had experience transferring points from Chase travel to Southwest Rapid Rewards? Wondering if the transfer is "instant" as they claim. There are 2 seats left for a flight I'm trying to book and don't want to be stuck waiting hours or days for the transfer
Thank you and yes, I meant if I had to change or cancel in case COVID-19 prevents us from traveling in December.The transfer has always been instant (or at least within 30min or so) for me.
By reusable, do you mean if you cancel or make changes? If you book with points, any changes/cancellations will be refunded to you in points.