Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

If I searched correctly the next SW release date it June 30? If so, I am needing to be online when dates are released for return tickets from a cruise. Are the released at 12AM EST or when?

Thanks! :)

Quick question, what do you do with your credit/travel fund? I have $19 that will expire in May 2016 and I have no idea what to do with it.

Is it still recommended to book two one-ways or can you swap out one way out of a round trip and keep the other flight's price?

Quick question, what do you do with your credit/travel fund? I have $19 that will expire in May 2016 and I have no idea what to do with it.

You can apply that credit to another flight. I'm not sure if you can use it for other purchases through Southwest or not.

Is it still recommended to book two one-ways or can you swap out one way out of a round trip and keep the other flight's price?

I don't think it actually matters all that much if you book two one-ways or a round trip. Ticket prices are the same if you book it as a one-way or as a round trip. You might just have a couple of confirmation numbers if you book two one-way flights. I usually book round trip and if one of the flights has a price decrease, I take the credit because we fly with them at least once a year.

I don't think it actually matters all that much if you book two one-ways or a round trip. Ticket prices are the same if you book it as a one-way or as a round trip. You might just have a couple of confirmation numbers if you book two one-way flights. I usually book round trip and if one of the flights has a price decrease, I take the credit because we fly with them at least once a year.
I was thinking in case I want to reprice one leg of a round trip flight. You used to have to cancel both legs and rebook.

Does anyone know how soon points show up in your rapid rewards account when you purchase? We are looking to book flights and are short 2000 points. It would cost us 55.00 to get the missing points and I am wondering how quickly they are in the account to book flight. The sale ends soon and we want to book before it ends. Thanks!

Anyone flying mco from/to New Orleans? What was the lowest you got your tickets for?
Thanks so much!

robinb "I was thinking in case I want to reprice one leg of a round trip flight. You used to have to cancel both legs and rebook."

I can confirm that you can reprice just one leg of a round trip flight. I have done multiple changes to my Thanksgiving trip--different airports/times and then just rebooking a cheaper fare for part of the roundtrip. If you have an 'anytime' or 'Business class' fare as part of your roundtrip, they can refund you by credit card. If you only have wanna get away fares, it's a credit that must be used on another flight within a year of the initial purchase of the fare. It can't be used for the purchase of early bird online checkin. Southwest only allows 4 forms of payment...so if you have 4 people with credits, it's best to split it up as you could only use 3 of the credits and a credit card for the rest of the payment (speaking from experience.)

Regarding credits - Our flight price dropped, so I rebooked and have flight credits that expire in February. Do you just have to book a flight by the expiration date or actually travel by then?

Travel by the expiration date.

:crazy2: Oh, no!!!!! I have $300 expiring next May and I was going to use them to book a September trip. Boy, oh boy, this will be my excuse to go to Disney World a year early. Blessing in disguise? pirate:

Does anyone know how soon points show up in your rapid rewards account when you purchase? We are looking to book flights and are short 2000 points. It would cost us 55.00 to get the missing points and I am wondering how quickly they are in the account to book flight. The sale ends soon and we want to book before it ends. Thanks!

It took 3 days after I paid the bill to get my companion pass. You can check your points by going to your account on southwest.com

Points are moved over to Southwest every billing cycle. I believe it's pretty quickly. I think with the very first billing cycle you don't get the points until after you pay the bill.

Travel by the expiration date.
Expiration date is based upon the date tickets were originally purchased, correct?
For example, we purchased tickets in May 2015 for November 2015. Prices have dropped a couple of times since we originally purchased, so we have $124 in credit (spread over 4 separate RR accounts). If I'm understanding correctly, we would need to use the credits on a flight prior to May 2016?

Expiration date is based upon the date tickets were originally purchased, correct?
For example, we purchased tickets in May 2015 for November 2015. Prices have dropped a couple of times since we originally purchased, so we have $124 in credit (spread over 4 separate RR accounts). If I'm understanding correctly, we would need to use the credits on a flight prior to May 2016?
Correct. You need to use the credits within a year of the original purchase. Since you have 4 different credits and only 4 types of payment may be used (3 credits and 1 credit card) you could have 1 credit left sitting there. (Yes, it happened to me once...despite 'knowing' about the 4 types of payment already...at 6AM I didn't remember that.) Either split your party into 2 and 2 (or 3/1) so you'll be able to use all your credits or do 2 one way flights and use 2-3 credits one way and 1-2 the way home.

We were in a unique situation this year with our November tix--our fare to Orlando was a 'wanna get away fare', but the flight home was 'anytime' which is fully refundable. Since one leg was the 'anytime' whenever I rebooked us, all the savings were fully refunded (vs. credits to use later). I recently rebooked again and now my 'anytime' fare is a 'wanna get away'...so if prices drop even more--that will turn into credits to use later.

My family is traveling next March. When we called SW they said the dates will be released Aug 11. Does anyone know what time they are released? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!