Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Hoping maybe some of you Southwest experts will have noticed this
I just noticed something I can't figure out. Maybe it's happened before and I just didn't pay attention
Been watching for fares to drop to the $49 I'm used to seeing between ATL and MCO. Yesterday they finally did, at least for half the trip. We had a credit to use so I booked.
I booked flights departing ATL @ 8:40 AM on 10/14
Returning flight is @ 9:55 on 10/18
Since I hope to catch a drop on the return flight I'll be checking daily just to see.
Well, I went to check today and I pull up a list of flights for the same dates and the flights I booked are not listed period. Not the departure flight or the return flight.
Since that seemed odd I decided to check and see what else was different
If I go in to select "change" flight there are 1 list of flights shown. The list I see here matches what I saw on the "new flight" list yesterday when I booked our trip
If I go in the select a "new flight" another totally different list of flights are shown.
None are the same on the 2 lists.
The dates are the same, the airports are the same and the number of passengers are the same.
Is this normal and I've never noticed before? We've been flying down a lot since they offer such cheap fares between ATL and MCO
It doesn't really matter much other than it's a mystery. I'm not worried that our flight doesn't exist. It does.

Hoping maybe some of you Southwest experts will have noticed this
I just noticed something I can't figure out. Maybe it's happened before and I just didn't pay attention
Been watching for fares to drop to the $49 I'm used to seeing between ATL and MCO. Yesterday they finally did, at least for half the trip. We had a credit to use so I booked.
I booked flights departing ATL @ 8:40 AM on 10/14
Returning flight is @ 9:55 on 10/18
Since I hope to catch a drop on the return flight I'll be checking daily just to see.
Well, I went to check today and I pull up a list of flights for the same dates and the flights I booked are not listed period. Not the departure flight or the return flight.
Since that seemed odd I decided to check and see what else was different
If I go in to select "change" flight there are 1 list of flights shown. The list I see here matches what I saw on the "new flight" list yesterday when I booked our trip
If I go in the select a "new flight" another totally different list of flights are shown.
None are the same on the 2 lists.
The dates are the same, the airports are the same and the number of passengers are the same.
Is this normal and I've never noticed before? We've been flying down a lot since they offer such cheap fares between ATL and MCO
It doesn't really matter much other than it's a mystery. I'm not worried that our flight doesn't exist. It does.

That happens when they sell out. They just remove them

But they aren't sold out. I can purchase them on both lists. Just provides different flights.

I guess I don't understand what you are saying...if they are not showing up...how can you purchase them? When you go in to modify it always gives you your original flight, even if it is sold out. Otherwise I have no clue.
I assume direct flights right? If there was a layover I can see how they would offer different options.

I guess I don't understand what you are saying...if they are not showing up...how can you purchase them? When you go in to modify it always gives you your original flight, even if it is sold out. Otherwise I have no clue.
I assume direct flights right? If there was a layover I can see how they would offer different options.
I can purchase (if you call it that) because I use 2 different methods to pull up the list. They all show up as open to purchase, just not all on 1 list. It is quite confusing to see and more confusing to explain.
They are all direct flights.
Method 1, start a purchase as it is a new flight
I get a list of 6 flights. All of which are available to purchase
Method 2, click through using the "change" flight on my current reservation
I get another list of 6 flights, totally different times and flight numbers than shown on Method 1. None of the flights shown on the list that I get on Method 1 aren't on there. The flights shown on Method 2 do not show up on the list of flights on Method 1.
There are in reality a total of 12 flights from ATL to MCO that day.
None of the flights are currently sold out

It has been a long time since I have taken SW my question is about getting my boarding pass. Did not pay for early check-in how do I get tickets for going and coming back. Just DH and I going this time. Hoping for another video :-)

It has been a long time since I have taken SW my question is about getting my boarding pass. Did not pay for early check-in how do I get tickets for going and coming back. Just DH and I going this time. Hoping for another video :-)

You do online check in and then print the passes. If you don't have a printer or internet then you can do it via the app.

we have 5 tickets for november, prices went down. so we changed our tickets and have credit. to our dismay, we won't be flying within the year the credits expire. (we are flying a month after they expire!) anyways, next year my husband and i are flying our extended family to orlando, 13 in all. i'm wanting to (of course) get a great sale to buy tickets, but don't want to wait so long we can't all get on flight. at first we were going to book as soon as date opens up and just change when we found a better sale, but since the credit only goes towards the ticket holder, and it expires within a year, that option is out. i've called the group booking to see if there are any savings that way, and we did an example flight and compared to internet and the price was about the same. any advice on the waiting game of booking a flight for next august for 13 people?

At exactly 24 hrs before your flight using the SWA website you will check in for your fight. After checking in you will be given the option to print your boarding pass. If you can't print you can print them at the airport.

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/airport-experience/index.html

I have only flown one other time before. That was on Southwest and it was about 8 years ago. At that time, I was able to go to guest relations in Epcot and use their computer to check in. Does anyone know if you can still do that at a park? I don't have a smart phone. My DH does, but unfortunately, both of us are a little challenged with it. lol :) Can you download the Southwest app and use it for check in? I did see that someone said you can use the app if you don't have a printer to print the boarding pass. Can you actually check in that way also? We might need to have our DS give us a tutorial.

I have only flown one other time before. That was on Southwest and it was about 8 years ago. At that time, I was able to go to guest relations in Epcot and use their computer to check in. Does anyone know if you can still do that at a park? I don't have a smart phone. My DH does, but unfortunately, both of us are a little challenged with it. lol :) Can you download the Southwest app and use it for check in? I did see that someone said you can use the app if you don't have a printer to print the boarding pass. Can you actually check in that way also? We might need to have our DS give us a tutorial.

Yes you can check in on the app. You might want to just pay for the early bird since both of you are challenged. They will print the boarding pass right at the airport for you then. (or you can get it on the app). Also you can often check in at guest services and some resorts have computers for airline check in, but it may cost. Or if you bring a laptop you can do it yourself in your room. For me, it's worth the money to pay for early bird for the return trip.

Yes you can check in on the app. You might want to just pay for the early bird since both of you are challenged. They will print the boarding pass right at the airport for you then. (or you can get it on the app). Also you can often check in at guest services and some resorts have computers for airline check in, but it may cost. Or if you bring a laptop you can do it yourself in your room. For me, it's worth the money to pay for early bird for the return trip.

Thank you. I think we will pay for the early bird for the return trip. Are you able to then print the boarding pass at the airport? Is there a special place for that? I'm sorry to sound so silly, but this is all very new to us.

Last edited:
I have travel funds I'd like to apply to a new reservation. Here's the problem. Last trip, my flights went down twice, so I changed it twice to get the travel funds for next trip. We are a family of 4, so looks like I have 8 different credits. The system will use 4 and that's it. Can you guys assist me in a way to consolidate all 8 credits into just 1 credit so I can use it now?

I bought tickets for 3 people for the same flight under one transaction and they have the same confirmation number.
I signed myself up for the app and linked that ticket. When I use the app to check in, will it check
all 3 of us in? Or do i need to set up an account for every person and check us in one by one?

I have travel funds I'd like to apply to a new reservation. Here's the problem. Last trip, my flights went down twice, so I changed it twice to get the travel funds for next trip. We are a family of 4, so looks like I have 8 different credits. The system will use 4 and that's it. Can you guys assist me in a way to consolidate all 8 credits into just 1 credit so I can use it now?

It is one confirmation number though right? Or did you book each person individually? The credit is attached the conf. # so if you did more than one change on that conf. then all you have to do is enter it and then it will take off the full amount. if it is 2 conf.s then enter both and it will take off both those amounts for each person.

Any tips for finding a good deal from SW in January around MLK weekend? A code or other suggestion would be helpful. We're planning to fly out Thursday afternoon and come back on MLK day. While I expected not to get the best deal, the prices from St. Louis to MCO are over $400 a person right now. Any tips? Should I wait a few weeks? I don't wait too long and not get tickets.

I have another question- we paid for early bird check in. Our flight leaves at 6:45 tomorrow morning. I don't have to do anything right? Am I waiting for an email from sw with boarding passes to print? Never flown sw before

we have 5 tickets for november, prices went down. so we changed our tickets and have credit. to our dismay, we won't be flying within the year the credits expire. (we are flying a month after they expire!) anyways, next year my husband and i are flying our extended family to orlando, 13 in all. i'm wanting to (of course) get a great sale to buy tickets, but don't want to wait so long we can't all get on flight. at first we were going to book as soon as date opens up and just change when we found a better sale, but since the credit only goes towards the ticket holder, and it expires within a year, that option is out. i've called the group booking to see if there are any savings that way, and we did an example flight and compared to internet and the price was about the same. any advice on the waiting game of booking a flight for next august for 13 people?
Your only option is to pay $100 per credit voucher to have the expiration date extended 6 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter