Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Perhaps that flight originated elsewhere, so you had two groups of people purchasing EBCI for that flight? Just taking a stab in the dark - I don’t fly out of BWI, but I know it’s a major hub.
This would make a lot of sense. When we have a connecting flight and I have booked EBCI, the system appears to check me in 36 hours before my first flight. While I might be assigned A52 for my flight out of Buffalo, it’s always a better boarding number for the second leg of my flight. I’d never considered how this would adversely affect those whose first flight is out of my second airport. Those people have all EBCI people from other locations in front of them before their 36 hour arrives.

I guess I could take this as an opportunity to fly into SNA instead of LAX. But there is only 1 nonstop flight per day flying into SNA, and if it got canceled I’d be up a creek! (They are all 700s so I doubt they would get canceled, but it still worries me.)

Just saw this...
MAX Flight Schedule Revision: An Update From SVP and Chief Marketing Officer Ryan Green
‎06-13-2019 09:45 AM
rgreen1
rgreen1
Employee

EMPLOYEE

Southwest Airlines continues to await guidance from Boeing and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on the impending 737 MAX software enhancements and training requirements. We are encouraged by the reported progress and proposed path forward for returning the aircraft to service, and we remain confident that, once certified by the FAA, the enhancements will support the safe operation of the MAX.

In April, we revised our flight schedule by removing the MAX through Aug. 5 to offer reliability to our operation and stability for our Customers during the busy summer travel months. With the timing of the MAX’s return-to-service still uncertain, we are again revising our plans to remove the MAX from our schedule through Sept. 2.

By proactively removing the MAX from scheduled service, we can reduce last-minute flight cancellations and unexpected disruptions to our Customers’ travel plans. We will proactively contact all Customers whose itineraries will be impacted by the revision to offer them maximum flexibility and re-accommodate them well in advance of their travel date. The revision will proactively remove roughly 100 daily flights from our schedule out of our total peak-day schedule of more than 4,000 daily flights.

We offer our apologies to our Customers impacted by this change, and we thank them for their continued patience.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.c...tXKKCOl_HGyYCLCe057BayjWOlPrUMqObtjiY1Auz4Sgg

Any idea when SW will open up dates after Jan 5th for booking?
July 10th :)
FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through January 5th, 2019.

Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:
  • NEXT RELEASE: 7/10/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
  • 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
  • 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
  • 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
  • 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
  • 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
  • 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
  • 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
  • 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
  • 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
  • 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
  • 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
  • 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
  • 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
  • 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
  • 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
*This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above).*

If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". You could also bookmark this comment on the new DIS somehow (or so I heard).

I have a message on my flights for late September saying that we can change flights. Is this message on everyone’s flights or just flights that are on Max 8’s? I thought my flights were on 737-700.

Well I changed our flights. I made sure and not book any Max planes.

Of course, in true Elle23 fashion, I used the flight changes as an excuse to tack on 2 nights to my trip! :rolleyes::rotfl:

I think this is on everyone’s flights. I had those on mine in July. I tried to rebook but when I did the flights I changed too still had the same banner message so I called them about it. They stated everything is fine that my flights weren’t affected but they were taking preventative measures for all flights. Eventually it was gone a couple weeks later. Now my late September flights have it too. I’m just going to wait it out this time. I had checked the equipment when I booked and it’s 737-700

So the banner is on all of my flights between 7/24 - ?, but I received an email about my 8/24 flight specifically. My original 10:55am flight is completely gone. I tried to rebook myself using the link they sent in the email and through my account, but ended up having to call. So, that was a pain. As was the fact that I kept getting disconnected and then was on hold for 20 minutes (afraid the call was going to drop again). But, done and at least there was another decent option.

I have a message on my flights for late September saying that we can change flights. Is this message on everyone’s flights or just flights that are on Max 8’s? I thought my flights were on 737-700.
I got this message today on my late August flight. Also, it said they made flight changes. The flight has a new number but leaves and arrives at the same time, and to and from the same place. It is not on a MAX. I am hoping that they sent this out just to let me know my flight number changed, but I do not really understand why they would tell me I could change flights at no charge. I guess it is an automatic message when they change anything, even just the flight number?

Southwest should just eliminate the Max 8's from their schedule. Leave them off the schedule and add them in if/when they get the issues fixed. IMO that's better than having to reschedule everyone's flights over and over.

I really need some advice.
I have flights booked for October from Columbus Ohio to MCO. The arrival flight is on a Max the departure is not. Should I switch the arrival flight? If I do, do I lose my EBCI?
This would also create a snowball effect since I would have to add an additional night to our reservation.
Thanks for any help or insight!

I really need some advice.
I have flights booked for October from Columbus Ohio to MCO. The arrival flight is on a Max the departure is not. Should I switch the arrival flight? If I do, do I lose my EBCI?
This would also create a snowball effect since I would have to add an additional night to our reservation.
Thanks for any help or insight!

I had to switch my departure flight since they completely removed the flight I was originally on. They moved me to a flight with a stop, which I really didn't want as I will be travelling alone with my son. I had to call in to change it, as the website kept giving me errors when I tried to do it there. I had EBCI purchased for this flight, and the person I spoke with on the phone told me it would transfer to the new flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!