Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I really need some advice.
I have flights booked for October from Columbus Ohio to MCO. The arrival flight is on a Max the departure is not. Should I switch the arrival flight? If I do, do I lose my EBCI?
This would also create a snowball effect since I would have to add an additional night to our reservation.
Thanks for any help or insight!
If you're staying at Disney, you may wish to check availability. I wanted to add a night to our stay in September but in doing so I need to change resorts for the final night of our stay as there is nothing available at all at my first resort.

So the banner is on all of my flights between 7/24 - ?, but I received an email about my 8/24 flight specifically. My original 10:55am flight is completely gone. I tried to rebook myself using the link they sent in the email and through my account, but ended up having to call. So, that was a pain. As was the fact that I kept getting disconnected and then was on hold for 20 minutes (afraid the call was going to drop again). But, done and at least there was another decent option.
Thanks for posting this! We are booked in mid-September but I wasn't aware this was available to all until I read your post. I was able to change our return flight to later in the day for no additional cost. It saves us from getting up at 4am after 10 busy days at Disney! Thanks @cmarsh31!!

I booked one leg of our Labor Day trip this AM before I saw the latest schedule memo. I haven’t booked our 9/3 flight yet simply because of pricing, but it is a Max 8. I hope if it needs to be swapped later that the flight stays with a new plane. I’m very disappointed in how few late day Nonstop flights to MDW these days.

Thanks for posting this! We are booked in mid-September but I wasn't aware this was available to all until I read your post. I was able to change our return flight to later in the day for no additional cost. It saves us from getting up at 4am after 10 busy days at Disney! Thanks @cmarsh31!!
Thank you and @cmarsh31 as I would have never known about this!!! I didn't get an email, but after I read this on here I went to SW and I got the banner after I went in to try and change my flights. We saved ourselves from our horrible 7:25am!!! flight out of Orlando home to a 1:05pm. Whew! So Happy!!

Okay SW experts I need your help!

I have a flight booked that I’m going to need to cancel. Round trip flight, booked each leg separately, so 2 confirmation numbers. I used a credit to book this that expires mid August. All of my June and July flights are already booked so the $250 credit won’t be used.

This is the tricky part I need help on and I just can’t figure out how to make it work. I’m already out the money for the flight I’m going to cancel, but I thought maybe I could at least earn more points on another flight by using those credits to buy an anytime fare vs the wga I have currently booked. Can I use both credits toward that flight? Or is there a way to combine the credits so I can use them?

Okay SW experts I need your help!

I have a flight booked that I’m going to need to cancel. Round trip flight, booked each leg separately, so 2 confirmation numbers. I used a credit to book this that expires mid August. All of my June and July flights are already booked so the $250 credit won’t be used.

This is the tricky part I need help on and I just can’t figure out how to make it work. I’m already out the money for the flight I’m going to cancel, but I thought maybe I could at least earn more points on another flight by using those credits to buy an anytime fare vs the wga I have currently booked. Can I use both credits toward that flight? Or is there a way to combine the credits so I can use them?
You can use two travel fund credits, per reservation. You might want to check Business Select fares, which are usually not much higher, and will earn more points, give you a free premium beverage, and A1-A15 boarding position.

You can combine unused funds by booking any refundable fare trip, and then canceling. You will have a single credit under the new confirmation number.

From Southwest.com:

You may use a maximum of three forms of payments per passenger, which includes one credit card or PayPal account per transaction. The following forms of payment are accepted at Southwest.com®, through Southwest Airlines® Reservations, and at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter locations: Credit Cards, Unused Ticketless Travel Funds, Southwest® gift cards, and Southwest® LUV Vouchers. Cash is accepted only at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counters. PayPal® is only accepted at Southwest.com. Find out more details on our list of payment options.

So I got the chase sw card a few weeks ago with the 60,000 sign up. We want to use these to book 5 flights in February. I just saw on SW website that schedules for next spring are currently set to be released July 10. I have been reading that you will get the cheapest fares right after the schedule is released and I won't have my points by July. Tell me I'm panicking for no reason!

So I got the chase sw card a few weeks ago with the 60,000 sign up. We want to use these to book 5 flights in February. I just saw on SW website that schedules for next spring are currently set to be released July 10. I have been reading that you will get the cheapest fares right after the schedule is released and I won't have my points by July. Tell me I'm panicking for no reason!
If you can I do recommend booking at release day simply so you have tickets booked but just a cautionary thing. Release day is not the be-it-all cheapest price. SWA has frequent sales and it is possible a sale comes along and drops the price. It's a possibility just as it is a possibility that the price will be the lowest at release day and just goes up from there.

In your situation as it would be for any situation it's a gamble.

The difference here is points are far more flexible than cash. Points, if your trip needs to be cancelled, will just go back into your bank of points with no expiration attached to it (well so long as you keep your RR account active every 24months). A fare drop (in this case it would be a points cost drop) would just go back into your bank of points with no restrictions.

Cash, if your trip needs to be cancelled, will have travel funds available (assuming you're booking WGA fares which are technically non-refundable) for 1 year from when you booked so there's more restrictions to that. This works the same if you book at release day and find the fare has dropped. You can get the difference in cash back however it goes as a travel fund (assuming you're booking WGA fares) which again expires 1 year from when you booked.

I know I'm annoying with these questions, sorry!

It says on July 10 Southwest will release flights through March 6, 2020. Does that mean around September (ish) would be when May flights would be released? What if only my arrival date is out at a time?

I'm used to flying United out of O'hare. This would be my first time out of Midway and waiting to buy flights, etc.,...

thanks!

It says on July 10 Southwest will release flights through March 6, 2020. Does that mean around September (ish) would be when May flights would be released? What if only my arrival date is out at a time?

I'm used to flying United out of O'hare. This would be my first time out of Midway and waiting to buy flights, etc.,...

thanks!
My last 3 trips on southwest I've booked two one way trips because the return date wasn't open yet. It's no big deal to book a trip this way.

thanks!
This might interest you...
FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through January 5th, 2019.

Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:
  • NEXT RELEASE: 7/10/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
  • 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
  • 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
  • 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
  • 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
  • 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
  • 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
  • 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
  • 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
  • 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
  • 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
  • 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
  • 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
  • 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
  • 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
  • 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
*This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above).*

If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". You could also bookmark this comment on the new DIS somehow (or so I heard).

You might find this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...v2-0-see-first-page-for-addl-details.3729982/ to be a more helpful place to discuss earning and using points.

So I just checked my app and said my flights may be affected. I checked the website and the first flight is on a 737-700 and the second is on a 737-800. Both are nonstop which is what I truly prefer. The first one doesn't seem to be affected by the Max8 issue, but I'm not sure about the second flight. Am I correct? I know they can adjust flight times because of the aircraft issue.

It all the years we have never gotten the EBCI and always sit together. We check in right at the 24hr mark. In April we got A 50 and B3 for our Easter trip

So I just checked my app and said my flights may be affected. I checked the website and the first flight is on a 737-700 and the second is on a 737-800. Both are nonstop which is what I truly prefer. The first one doesn't seem to be affected by the Max8 issue, but I'm not sure about the second flight. Am I correct? I know they can adjust flight times because of the aircraft issue.
The 800 series is not the MAX 8 aircraft. I believe that all customers booked to fly within a defined window see the banner message about the “free” rebooking option, when reviewing their upcoming reservations. You do not have to make any changes, unless you want to. Some customers are using the opportunity to change to what would have been a more expensive flight, at the time of original booking, but is now available at no additional cost.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!