Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

No problem- I didn’t realize it either until I called them. Southwest just sort of sneaked that change into the reservation process.

Last week I booked out flight for 3 adults on points and all are on the same confirmation #. I was able to go back in and just purchase EB for just myself. DH has the benefit on his SWA that he gets free upgrades to the A1 thru A15 if seats are available so they will just use that.

Are any of you familiar with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales on SW? I was just getting ready to book a flight to Fort Lauderdale from Kansas City for April, and read about the fact that historically, SW has offered really great deals during the week of Black Friday. I know I have time to wait, but the other leg of my trip (not on SW) seems to be filling up really fast, so I hate to wait. Are the sale prices during the Black Friday sale generally apply to a large number of routes? Would you wait to book? Thanks!

SW does have a “Cyber prices are here“ banner on their website. But prices are about the same as they have been. I don’t see anything that is a great or even better deal from my airport on dates I have been watching.

SW does have a “Cyber prices are here“ banner on their website. But prices are about the same as they have been. I don’t see anything that is a great or even better deal from my airport on dates I have been watching.
I agree. I just checked our April dates, the week after Easter..and the prices are exactly the same as they've been for weeks.

Last week I booked out flight for 3 adults on points and all are on the same confirmation #. I was able to go back in and just purchase EB for just myself. DH has the benefit on his SWA that he gets free upgrades to the A1 thru A15 if seats are available so they will just use that.
Just responding to say i like your avatar! :dog:I'll throw in a plug for SWA as well to keep it on the up and up with our upcoming trip for marathon weekend from BDL/MCO!

Hello!
I received an email from Southwest detailing our trip and it says I’m one day from being able to check in. We have early bird check in though, so I’m a little confused. Do all emails say this?

I did call and confirm with Southwest that our early bird stayed with us when we changed our flights a few weeks ago and she said everything was fine.

You don't need to check in for a boarding position but you'll want to get your boarding passes at 24 hours

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur WEDNESDAY, December 11th! For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget!
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 6/6/20 and this next release will take their schedule out to 8/10/20 (covering almost the entire summer). I'll try to post an additional reminder next week.
For those that care about "release timing" it's been all over the board recently (all times Eastern):
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.

Southwest finally added a link for looking up unused travel funds, without needing to know the original confirmation number of the reservation generating the travel funds.

After logging in to your RR account on the website, there will be a link at the top of the My Account page, displayed under the My Travel Funds.section. This link will only show travel funds accrued on or after 12/03/2019.

Travel Funds
Travel fund FAQs

Funds displayed on this page include funds from cancelled tickets which included your Rapid Rewards number and cancelled in accordance with the No Show Policy, or tickets with a valid residual balance canceled on or after December 3. To view additional travel funds not displayed use Travel Fund Lookup.

Southwest finally added a link for looking up unused travel funds, without needing to know the original confirmation number of the reservation generating the travel funds.

After logging in to your RR account on the website, there will be a link at the top of the My Account page, displayed under the My Travel Funds.section. This link will only show travel funds accrued on or after 12/03/2019.
While this is a great addition, unfortunately it does not include tickets where the price dropped so a travel credit for the difference in flight prices was obtained. To see those amounts you still need to have the name of each guest and the confirmation number.

I had 4 of these and even after looking them up manually they are still not displayed as travel funds and I need to look them up each time.

Just a heads up to others to keep that information tucked safely away if you want to apply those funds to a future flight.

While this is a great addition, unfortunately it does not include tickets where the price dropped so a travel credit for the difference in flight prices was obtained. To see those amounts you still need to have the name of each guest and the confirmation number.

I had 4 of these and even after looking them up manually they are still not displayed as travel funds and I need to look them up each time.

Just a heads up to others to keep that information tucked safely away if you want to apply those funds to a future flight.
Do you know how it works? I have 2 credits from a previous flight, one was $35 and the other was $9 (flight price dropped twice). Both are tied to the same person and same confirmation number. When I go to use these funds, will it be one amount of $44 or will it count as two separate amounts? I know we can only use 3 forms of payment for each reservation, so I'm just trying to get prepared. If you don't know, maybe someone else does?

Are you taking into account that any price drops prior to the December 3, 2019 activation date of this link supposedly will not reflect any price drops or refunds prior to that date?

Do you know how it works? I have 2 credits from a previous flight, one was $35 and the other was $9 (flight price dropped twice). Both are tied to the same person and same confirmation number. When I go to use these funds, will it be one amount of $44 or will it count as two separate amounts? I know we can only use 3 forms of payment for each reservation, so I'm just trying to get prepared. If you don't know, maybe someone else does?
If the travel funds are under the same confirmation number and name, it will count as one form of payment.

If the travel funds are under the same confirmation number and name, it will count as one form of payment.

I thought it counted as 2 different forms of payment? I ran into this once before and was not able to use all of my travel credits because I had 3 separate credits, even though some of them were from the same flight and confirmation number. Also when I look at my credits now they are listed separately if the price went down at 2 different times, even though from the same flight and confirmation number.

I thought it counted as 2 different forms of payment? I ran into this once before and was not able to use all of my travel credits because I had 3 separate credits, even though some of them were from the same flight and confirmation number. Also when I look at my credits now they are listed separately if the price went down at 2 different times, even though from the same flight and confirmation number.

How can I see my travel funds? I thought there was no way to look them up other than finding my emails with the information from Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!