Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

They were supposed to release the schedule beyond August 10th today but that didn't happen. I am assuming it is because of the Max issue and having to change planes around. Prices are insanely expensive right now. So crazy.

They were supposed to release the schedule beyond August 10th today but that didn't happen. I am assuming it is because of the Max issue and having to change planes around. Prices are insanely expensive right now. So crazy.
The next schedule extension date was changed last month, per the following:

‘We are currently accepting air reservations through August 10, 2020. On March 12, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through October 31, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.’

You may wish to ‘watch’ this thread as those changes were announced here and discussed. @SouthFayetteFan does a great job (As do others) of letting us know changes and trends.

We fly down in June. Where do you find out what kind of plane you have? I booked through SW vacations and the confirmation only has Class type and flight number.

My other, and bigger, concern is that our flight has disappeared from the flight schedule page. Does anyone know why that could happen? Usually when flights sell out it says that it's sold out but still shows in the list, ours is completely gone. Our return flight is still showing.

My other, and bigger, concern is that our flight has disappeared from the flight schedule page. Does anyone know why that could happen? Usually when flights sell out it says that it's sold out but still shows in the list, ours is completely gone. Our return flight is still showing.
I would probably call them. The flight they removed of ours did disappear from the list. We did get an email, but I would still call and check (or look in your email spam folder to make sure it didn't go through there maybe).

We fly down in June. Where do you find out what kind of plane you have? I booked through SW vacations and the confirmation only has Class type and flight number.

Got my answer :headache: i didn't see it on our confirmation page and didn't get an email, but when i looked on the app...there it was. We were changed from a 3:55-6:30 non stop to a 3:35-10:10 2 stop flight. Needles to say i'm on hold now to get it changed.

I would probably call them. The flight they removed of ours did disappear from the list. We did get an email, but I would still call and check (or look in your email spam folder to make sure it didn't go through there maybe).

I'm on hold now...I really hope I can change it and use points to cover the difference.

That was our same flight, different day, and they changed us to the same time as you. I called and changed mine too, but was in their "change" window... didn't matter anyway because the flight I picked was the same price as the original. Hope it works out for you!

That was our same flight, different day, and they changed us to the same time as you. I called and changed mine too, but was in their "change" window... didn't matter anyway because the flight I picked was the same price as the original. Hope it works out for you!

Thanks! What is the change window? I'm totally freaking right now, I understand why it's happening and am happy they're putting all of our safety first, but def don't want to be on a 6+ hour flight...I can't see DD13 or DF being down with that lol. Even if we have to fly out first thing, i'd rather do that.

Thanks! What is the change window? I'm totally freaking right now, I understand why it's happening and am happy they're putting all of our safety first, but def don't want to be on a 6+ hour flight...I can't see DD13 or DF being down with that lol. Even if we have to fly out first thing, i'd rather do that.
From the day they emailed me I had 3 more days to change, and had to pick a flight within 14 days of my travel date. So they emailed me on the 12th sometime, I had until the 16th to change it. Had to pick a flight within 14 days of my original July booking.

From the day they emailed me I had 3 more days to change, and had to pick a flight within 14 days of my travel date. So they emailed me on the 12th sometime, I had until the 16th to change it. Had to pick a flight within 14 days of my original July booking.

Oh ok :) I just got off the phone with them and they said I have to call the SW vacations line, and they don't open until 10CST. I asked if I could use my points to cover the price difference if there was one and he said there won't be a difference becasue the change is on their end. I'm assuming he meant I wouldn't have to pay a fare difference.

Oh ok :) I just got off the phone with them and they said I have to call the SW vacations line, and they don't open until 10CST. I asked if I could use my points to cover the price difference if there was one and he said there won't be a difference becasue the change is on their end. I'm assuming he meant I wouldn't have to pay a fare difference.
You won't have to pay any additional points. Have you tried making the change online? Sometimes you can.

Well, this makes sense. I was wondering why prices for some flights were so much higher than I expected them to be. I wonder how many people will seek out other airlines until things settle down.

Well, this makes sense. I was wondering why prices for some flights were so much higher than I expected them to be. I wonder how many people will seek out other airlines until things settle down.
People have been complaining about pricing for several years now..

A lot depends on one's home airport and routes. Hawaii pulled inventory away from certain places when they introduced those Hawaii routes. Fuel pricing, competitiveness in one's airport (for example SWA pulling out of Newark as they were unable to compete with United), MAX 8 issues, etc etc. There's way more things that impact pricing and more things that are normal and mundane. There's no doubt that MAX8 issues are causing problems but they aren't the only variable out there nor does it explain people's complaints over several years worth (at least on the Boards).

You won't have to pay any additional points. Have you tried making the change online? Sometimes you can.

I tried, but since I booked on the SW vacation side of it I had to call. You would think they would all be connected, but nope.

I'm patiently waiting for 10a to hit lol

I just booked our flight today to Disney. On the app, it’s showing me I have the option to change my flight without incurring any fees. Does this mean I have to change my flight or I can if I want to? We actually really like this flight time, but I will change it to a flight that leaves about 2 hours earlier than the one I booked if I have to.

I just booked our flight today to Disney. On the app, it’s showing me I have the option to change my flight without incurring any fees. Does this mean I have to change my flight or I can if I want to? We actually really like this flight time, but I will change it to a flight that leaves about 2 hours earlier than the one I booked if I have to.
You dont have to. If it was a have to, SW would probably have already changed it for you. Right now it looks like everyone with a trip from mid June to August has the option to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts