Post-Breast Reduction Support Bras?

poohs_hunny

DIS Veteran
I am having breast reduction surgery on 7/2. For anyone who has had it done, can you recommend a particular bra to wear after surgery once the bandages come off? Any other tips/advice to offer? I am nervous, but so excited!! Thanks in advance!

I just wore a basic sports bra that I picked up at WalMart. Just make sure you get one that has hooks in the front as you won't want to be pulling it over your head at first.

My dr told me what bra to buy. Yours may also have some suggestions!

Have had this surgery, my recommendation isn't necessarily for a specific brand, but rather simple easy to get on and off soft t-shirt type bras that can accommodate your body comfortably. As a previous poster mentioned - don't get the pull on/off type sports bra! Those are hard enough to get on & off on a normal day!!! Front hook if you can find them. Simple back hook if not. Your body is going to go thru so many changes...you won't even "settle" into your new normal size for several months at least.
Get yourself a few front buttom oxford type soft shirts that are easy on & off, too. I think I picked up a few at Old Navy - simple, soft, cheap.

Welcome to the world of being able to buy & wear a shelf bra tank top. Oh - and button up shirts!

Thanks, everyone! My surgeon just said a front closure sports bra. I was looking online at the SheFit brand. They are reasonably priced, look super comfy, and have free returns if I buy the wrong size.

Thanks, everyone! My surgeon just said a front closure sports bra. I was looking online at the SheFit brand. They are reasonably priced, look super comfy, and have free returns if I buy the wrong size.
I wouldn’t spend too much because they may get blood or other leakage on them.

I had drains that leaked through the bandages a little once or twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter