Post Photos of Hotels Here...DLH, HoJo, BWPPI, DI&S, CCI...etc.

I have spent three days reading through this thread! Thanks, everyone for all your posts. I'm hoping to take my family this fall, and this has been so helpful!

Melissa

Bumping.

I'm still torn between Candy Cane Inn, Fairfield Inn, and BWPPI. I know we'll want to have a couple character breakfasts but other than that we aren't huge breakfast eaters (a quick bagel or cereal would be fine for us). My sis-in-law will likely join us for the weekend as she lives in Reseda and will probably stay with us in the hotel. We won't have a car but she will. I also compared prices booking straight with the hotels (using AAA discount) vs booking through Disney at the same hotels and there hasn't been any significant difference in price. I actually like that booking through disney forces you to pay the balance 30 days before arrival.

I think I just need someone tell me which hotel to stay at and be done with it! We're looking at Dec 2-9, 2013.

Bumping.

I'm still torn between Candy Cane Inn, Fairfield Inn, and BWPPI. I know we'll want to have a couple character breakfasts but other than that we aren't huge breakfast eaters (a quick bagel or cereal would be fine for us). My sis-in-law will likely join us for the weekend as she lives in Reseda and will probably stay with us in the hotel. We won't have a car but she will. I also compared prices booking straight with the hotels (using AAA discount) vs booking through Disney at the same hotels and there hasn't been any significant difference in price. I actually like that booking through disney forces you to pay the balance 30 days before arrival.

I think I just need someone tell me which hotel to stay at and be done with it! We're looking at Dec 2-9, 2013.

I would go FFI. I have stayed at both the FFI and BWPPI and the FFI wins hands down. I've heard good things about the CCI but from seeing the location I would choose the FFI still. Good luck on your decision.

Now these are the Pictures I love to see, the ones that make me feel normal:cool1:, I like to know that others like me( yes I am a Disney Dad) and my DS hit the room and use every square Inch as are personal domain LOL. We are just to busy In the morning to pick up and to tired In the evening to do the same:cool1:. Thats why I always tip, and tip well the maid service they earn there money with us:rotfl2:

HA HA. This was my picture from a couple of years ago. This is what a normal morning looks like in our hotel rooms on a Disney Vacation.

IMG_5709-1_zpsd26d1d3a.jpg

Disneyland Hotel

I loved the hotel. It was close, comfortable, clean. Those 3 Cs are important! :thumbsup2

HoJo Anaheim 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Lobby 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Room 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And it had a lovely view!

View 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

View 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

View 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

View 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

View 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I know this is super old, but do you remember what room # this was? Looks like you had a great view :)

I know this is super old, but do you remember what room # this was? Looks like you had a great view :)

I had to look it up... it was building 1. Either room 717 or 1717. Top floor. I think there is a picture of the room number in my trip report. There is a 1 then a symbol then 717. :rotfl:

Hi all....will be traveling to Disneyland Mother's Day weekend 2014 to take my son on his first trip and we will be staying at Paradise Pier. I was wondering how often upgrades are given? I going to book the concierge level rooms because I think we could eat our weight in the snacks they offer, but will have my dad along for the trip so it would be nice to have a suite, although it's not necessary in my book.

I've meant to post these pictures/reviews for 3 months now! Ooops!

Park Vue Inn (PVI) July 2013 Jacuzzi Suite

The desk area
547_zps82ea0e57.jpg

The Jacuzzi
549_zps7df810a4.jpg

The table and closet area
550_zps098c7ff8.jpg

The tiny little counter outside the bathroom
551_zpsf68054d7.jpg

For the review:

Location/Grounds... It's across the street from the pedestrian entrance to DLR. Wonderful! The hotel buildings are in a reversed "L" shape, and the Jacuzzi suite was where the point of the "L" meets. In other words, it was the farthest room back, save for the same-placed-room on the second floor! Despite this, it is across the street from the entrance, so even having to walk to the very back of the property was quick! Outside was clean. They were doing palm maintenance when we were there, which made things a little noisy when it was happening, but it didn't affect what we felt about our stay at all.

Price... We paid about $190 for the room, each night. This was a trip for our honeymoon, and my dad was paying for a night too, so it seemed reasonable. That being said, now that we're months out from it, I think the value was lacking, all things considered.

Room... Overall, the room was attractive, and perfect for our first nights as husband and wife. The king bed was comfortable. Plenty of pillows. No comforter, just the common flat sheet/blanket/flat sheet combination. The desk/dresser combination was fine. There was a small table with 2 chairs. The alarm clock worked fine. The Jacuzzi took a fair amount of time to fill up, and was a little on the small side for 2 fluffy adults. DH is 5'9" and 230lbs, I'm 5'3" and 180lbs. It may be more comfortable for smaller people. We found our legs would get tangled up and uncomfortable. Also annoying/frustrating was that we had a little area next to the front door and the neighbors would let their kids run and play in that little area. Yes, we were at Disneyland, and, yes, we knew there would be kids around, but being awoken an hour before our alarm by kids yelling, running, knocking on our window was a bit much, especially when it wasn't like their front door was where they were playing! There was a small window next to the mirrored closet as well, and it only had minimalist shutters, meaning that as soon as the sun was up, our room was fairly bright. Bummer when we closed out the parks the night before! The room was carpeted. It didn't pass the white-sock test. DH figured maybe they shampooed the carpet every x nights used (like every 90 nights used, or such), and that maybe it was "just about time". Of note, the last time we stayed at PVI, in a 1-bedroom suite, the carpets passed the white-sock test without a problem. This room had a microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker. We had tons of towels (maybe 8, I think), and usually they were big and fluffy!

Other amenities... Breakfast was fine. Make your own waffles, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, fried potatoes, yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal, juice, coffee, hot cocoa. DH liked the "to go" cups available, so he could get take his coffee with us to the parks. We didn't go to the pool this time, but we've enjoyed it in the past.

This summer I stayed at the Carousel Inn and Suites. I was going to a Club 33 Dismeet!!!! And we got a special group rate at the hotel. It was an amazing rate, and it was so close.

Here you see the hotel from the crosswalk on the DL side.

from raw-5274 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My room was lovely! It was extremely close to DL, I loved the walk, especially solo. It was an ideal spot for me. I found it clean, comfortable and considerably closer than my previous hotel, which was close! :lmao:

from raw-5275 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I did not use any of this, but it was nice that it was there.

from raw-5276 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5277 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5278 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5279 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5280 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5281 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

This summer I stayed at the Carousel Inn and Suites. I was going to a Club 33 Dismeet!!!! And we got a special group rate at the hotel. It was an amazing rate, and it was so close.

Here you see the hotel from the crosswalk on the DL side.

My room was lovely! It was extremely close to DL, I loved the walk, especially solo. It was an ideal spot for me. I found it clean, comfortable and considerably closer than my previous hotel, which was close! :lmao:

Awesome pictures!! thanks so much for posting these, we will be there in 2 weeks :cool1: :drive: and your pictures are so nice and clear, give really good detail! I am glad to see it looks so nice, sometimes you read bad reviews of a place and worry what you are getting into! We are going to be in a concierge club suite, was yours a concierge club level room? it looks so nice I am guessing it must have been?

Awesome pictures!! thanks so much for posting these, we will be there in 2 weeks :cool1: :drive: and your pictures are so nice and clear, give really good detail! I am glad to see it looks so nice, sometimes you read bad reviews of a place and worry what you are getting into! We are going to be in a concierge club suite, was yours a concierge club level room? it looks so nice I am guessing it must have been?

I don't think my room was a concierge club suite! I think it was just a regular two queen room. But if that's what mine looked like, your concierge club suite should be beautiful! And thanks for the compliments. :) It was a great room and a decent hotel that was actually going through some renovations in the lobby area when I was there. Next time I go back, I'll be sure to take more pictures of the lobby area and more.

BUMP - Does anyone have photos from the Anaheim Hilton Disney View rooms ?
Thank you.

I don't think my room was a concierge club suite! I think it was just a regular two queen room. But if that's what mine looked like, your concierge club suite should be beautiful! And thanks for the compliments. :) It was a great room and a decent hotel that was actually going through some renovations in the lobby area when I was there. Next time I go back, I'll be sure to take more pictures of the lobby area and more.

Thanks again! I will also take lots of pictures to post after our stay next week :) One think I learned by phoning is that in the concierge suites, they have Keurig coffee makers! yay! We were wondering if we should pack ours from home. I requested a room up on the 2nd floor, so we will see how they do with special requests :)

Thanks again! I will also take lots of pictures to post after our stay next week :) One think I learned by phoning is that in the concierge suites, they have Keurig coffee makers! yay! We were wondering if we should pack ours from home. I requested a room up on the 2nd floor, so we will see how they do with special requests :)

Have a great trip! I will watch for your pictures!

Subscribing...

I'm trying to determine which hotel to stay at for our second DLR visit this coming August. The first time we stayed at Candy Cane Inn.

Can anyone point me to a thread which explains how to get from Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel to the parks?

TIA!

Subscribing...

I'm trying to determine which hotel to stay at for our second DLR visit this coming August. The first time we stayed at Candy Cane Inn.

Can anyone point me to a thread which explains how to get from Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel to the parks?

TIA!

Disneyland Hotel you just walk through Downtown Disney to get to the front entrances. You could take the monorail into DL as well as its closer to the hotel. I've never stayed at Paradise Pier.

Subscribing...

TIA!

Like the previous poster said, you just walk through DTD to get from Disneyland Hotel to the parks (or take the monorail).

From Paradise Pier hotel, you can take the longer route, which is to walk out of the hotel, turn left and follow the sidewalk to the Disneyland Hotel and then walk through DTD or take the monorail into Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

OR

You can take the short route and walk across the street to the Grand CA. Walk through the front doors and then head to the left, following the signs to Disneyland. You will come out at DTD next to the Sephora store and turn right. From there it's a short walk to the entry plaza. If you're headed to CA Adventure Park, you can walk through to the other side of the lobby at the Grand, staying to the left side and follow the path around to the private entrance to the park. You will need to show your room key if it's in the morning or your first entrance into the parks. Anyone can use this entrance later in the day or with a handstamp. You will end up by Grizzly River Rapids inside the park.

Hope this helps!:thumbsup2

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread . . it's awesome! And so SO helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts