Post Vacation Blues...What Is Your Cure?

Another thing I do is write my own trip report. I don't usually post it on the boards, but I keep a notebook with me on a trip and every night I write down things that happened that day. When I get home I re-write the whole thing from my notes and it does help. I sort of "re-live" the trip and it usually lifts my spirits.

That is a great idea! I may have to do that during and after our next trip.

I guess I just watch disney movies and stuff. I've always got some disney music mixed in with the rest of my music. I guess it also kind of helps that I really don't plan my trips that much in advance. We started deciding on DLP in about january for June but there are discussions about going back to orlando in september, so I guess that helps me, or just makes me a bad planner.

Hello
I usually post on the community board.This is my first post on the podcast board:) Great topic!

I think that planning for so long and thinking about it soo much contributes to the problem. (just my opinion)
I try not to put an excessive amount of time into the planning. Enough of course to get the job done.

Also I try to plan for some little things when I get home -lunch with a girl friend, a massage- something like that. Also if there is a home improvement project or some other task I need to plan -I work on that on the drive home. I bring magazines, catalogs- things like that to help me redirect my thoughts to the future. Someone mentioned buying tickets for a show -I think that is a great idea.

One more thing -I have noticed that sleep deprivation contributes to me getting down- so I try to get plenty of sleep when I get home.

I'm in sort of a unique situation because I'm a campus rep for the college program. My therapy is in recruiting, having informational tables about the program, and wearing anything Disney at every chance I've got. I had a matching scarf and hat with Mickey on them, but I lost the hat. Not to fear! I had a backup Disney hat. It doesn't match, but at least it's Disney. My classmates know me for my love of Disney.

I also listen to Illuminations, Wishes, Fantasmic, and Spectromagic in the car. I usually listen to them as I'm on my way to a show because I'm a mobile DJ. I try to remind myself that even though I'm not at Disney, I am still making magic for someone on their wedding day.

Youtube is VERY therapeutic! One quick search will find all kinds of videos you can watch. Heck I'm doing a report on audio-animatronics and where do you think I'm going for research :-) I did a report on the Yeti from EE earlier this semester.

I basically find every possible way to put Disney in my life and share the joy that it brings me. I made a photo collage before our last trip and had that up in my cube at work. Why? Because I worked on the phone and people would piss me off. I'd look at the pictures to remind me of a happy place. Now that DBF has experienced it, it's just one more thing to look back on and smile.

After living at WDW for 9 months, I went no more than 6 months without a trip down there until last year. I had to go a whole year, but I also planned and spent an exorbitant amount of money! It was the trip to end all trips and I wouldn't change a darn thing.

Since I can provide such a nice hotel discount, I have been helping plan trips for other people, which is why my trip report isn't complete yet LOL. But for me it's not about my next trip, it's about moving there for GOOD. Jan 09 here I come!

Edit: I also wanted to comment that Disney is indeed a bubble. When we went, we had our cell phones only for the drive and did not carry them in the park. I didn't bring my laptop either. I wanted to be completely disconnected from the world. Unfortunately, it's very hard to pop the bubble when you leave! Seriously though, try leaving technology at home on the next trip. You'll be surprised how freeing it is!

After our last trip (September 07), once I completed my trip reported, I pretty much avoided all-things-Disney. I couldn't stand to read about anything without having my next trip booked -- it was way too depressing! I stayed away from the boards and all my usual websites for about six months... and then I just couldn't stand it anymore and had to come back. Once I came back, it was only about 3 weeks before our next trip was set. :) We're not going until Nov. 30th, which feels like it's a million years away... but at least the planning has begun!

I have wanted to go to WDW for as long as I can remember. I am 36 yrs old and am finally planning my first trip. A GG with best friend and her family. I think we are more excited than the kids are. I just know I will be a bit gloomy when I get back from WDW.

Despite the fact that we go don't go to WDW until August 2008 I am already thinking of a 'mommy only' trip --yes to WDW. Heheheh I haven't even gotten there yet but I just know I will want to go back. This time without the lil ones. My goal will be for a 'mommy trip' in October (Food and Wine) possibly 2010. heheheh

I am so glad to know I am not the only one that plans that far in advance. I hope it wards of any of the 'after Disney' gloomies.

I have even fancied the thought of planning future trips with each of my children on their 16th birthday. A mommy/ daughter sort of trip. I may even let them invite a friend and her mommy. That would be fun. I have 3 years before the oldest gets to 16. It will only be a weekend trip.

Youtube is VERY therapeutic! One quick search will find all kinds of videos you can watch. Heck I'm doing a report on audio-animatronics and where do you think I'm going for research :-) I did a report on the Yeti from EE earlier this semester.

I do this too!! :happytv: It really works!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter