Post your favorite chicken pot pie recipe

maslex

DIS Veteran
With the chilly weather here, I'm thinking of doing a chicken pot pie next week for dinner. What's your favorite way to make yours?

go to costco, take home-eat.

seriously-the one time i tried to make chicken pot pie my family kept wanting to 'just sample' the filling before i put it in the crust so i gave up and now only make chicken pot pie SOUP (same standard recipe but i add some milk and cream to create a soup consistency).

With the chilly weather here, I'm thinking of doing a chicken pot pie next week for dinner. What's your favorite way to make yours?
My favorite uses sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes, so much more flavor. For a top crust take a package of crescent rolls and roll them out. Press large side into the side of dish on top of your filling towards center. Do another and pinch sides together. Go all the way around. Bottom crust is pillsbury pie crust...bake until slightly brown before adding filling and topping.

I remember my mom making it when I was little with leftover chicken, canned vegetables, and some sort of gravy, then Pillsbury biscuits on top for the "crust".

Step 1. Use any recipe or buy it from the store.
Step 2. And this step makes it my favorite recipe. Throw it in the trash can and get some Pizza.

I was stopping by to say Costco. Great minds think alike.

if kfc's were reheatable in the microwave they would be our go-to but since they do them in aluminum pans we only get them if we are dining there but the costco ones are great and reasonably priced.

Costco. The best. That is my recipe.

This is great, as a soup - tastes like Chicken Pot Pie!

chicken_stew__83228.1409613153.980.500.jpg

http://www.frontiersoups.com/chicken-stew/

Same way my mom made it.

Boil chicken in chicken broth with celery, onion and poultry seasoning. You can use a whole chicken, chicken breast or thighs or whatever pieces you want really. Debone and remove skin if needed and cut up meat.

Melt a stick of butter in a skillet, add flour to make a roux. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Add broth you boiled the chicken in to make a gravy. Add a bag of peas and carrots and heat them through. Add cutup or shredded chicken meat. Pour into a casserole dish and top with a pie crust. Bake until bubbly and pie crust is brown.

You can put a second crust on the bottom if you like. Or you can use puff pastry. Some like to add melted butter to the top of the crust. I use pre made pie crust but you can make your own. You can also top with uncooked frozen or homemade biscuits and bake until they are cooked through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter