Post Your Wedding Cake

Yes. Just call the number for BoardWalk Bakery and explain that you want to replicate the top tier of your Roses & Drapes wedding cake as a 6-inch cake, and they'll get you a quote. It shouldn't be more than $100. :thumbsup2

Yes. Just call the number for BoardWalk Bakery and explain that you want to replicate the top tier of your Roses & Drapes wedding cake as a 6-inch cake, and they'll get you a quote. It shouldn't be more than $100. :thumbsup2

Thanks Carrie. I was hoping it was going to be closer to $50, but I'm probably remembering prices from a few years ago...

Wedding030_zpsb0a6bc55.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry the pic is so large..... this is the 1st one I have posted off of photo bucket

My fiance and I are Australian and currently in the early stages of planning our DFTW. Unfortunately we wont be able to attend any cake tastings, and our cake (as well as the rest of the wedding) will be planned via correspondence.

I have a few questions I was hoping could be answered here..

Firstly, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the cake pricing structure?

Secondly, I'm assuming each addition to the cake will cost extra, in that case how much are things like the castle? It appears to be made from white chocolate, am I correct in this assumption?

Lastly, what are the cakes like? Are they very rich and overly sweet to the point most people will only eat a small amount? Or are they something that everyone will devour?

That's it for now, any help regarding this will be a great help. Thanks! :)

Firstly, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the cake pricing structure?

Secondly, I'm assuming each addition to the cake will cost extra, in that case how much are things like the castle? It appears to be made from white chocolate, am I correct in this assumption?

If you private-message me your email address, I will send you Disney's cake pricing sheet. The prices correspond to the official Disney cake photos on the first few pages of this thread. If you want a custom design, you'll have to get a quote from the pastry team via your planner, but looking at the price sheet and designs will give you a rough idea of how much Disney cakes cost based on size and design. The doc also includes pricing for the 2 sizes of white chocolate castle topper and all their variations. :thumbsup2

Lastly, what are the cakes like? Are they very rich and overly sweet to the point most people will only eat a small amount? Or are they something that everyone will devour?:)

Having devoted myself to the subject of Disney cake for 7 years now, I can say that there's no way to say... it's super-subjective. If you follow the DISboards' Official Cake Chatter Thread, you'll see that what one person raves about, another can't stand. I will say that more people seem to like Disney cake than don't. WDW does use a sweeter, more traditional buttercream frosting than the more butter-like chantilly frosting used at Disneyland and Aulani. If you're worried about cake being too sweet, you could request whipped cream frosting instead of buttercream and go for a mousse filling.

Thank you so much for all your help lurkyloo, this has already been a huge help.
:)

I'll pm you and send my email address.

A Disneyland bride I interviewed on my podcast gave me permission to share photos of her amazing Small World-inspired cake here. She also had a cute bride's cake that was dairy-free.

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image.jpeg

I know that not everyone likes Beach Cakes, but when I saw a photo of a similar cake on pinterest it was perfect for our wedding/reception at the Living Seas. When we went on our planning session our planner told us that they don't do these cakes any more because there were several bad ones made. She said she would check with the bakery to see if they would make it and they said okay. So here it is!!

weddingcake.jpg

That is amazing! I Love it!!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a small wedding cake delivered to shades of green? Would ordering a cake from the boardwalk bakery and picking it up be an option?

That would be your only option, if you want a cake made by Disney. No Disney bakery delivers to Shades of Green because it is not a Disney-owned resort. However, you could look into using a local bakery like It's Tasty Too, which has delivered cakes to SOG for weddings in the past.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a small wedding cake delivered to shades of green? Would ordering a cake from the boardwalk bakery and picking it up be an option?

I'm no expert on the cake thing, but when we stopped in the publix on the way from the airport, I saw gorgeous wedding style cakes on display in their bakery department. Perhaps you can check with them?

Best of luck!

I love it! I dont plan on getting married at disney, but my theme will probably be disney, since thats where I plan on my honeymoon :)

Lady, may I ask where you found that cake topper? Is it Lenox? What size round is that top layer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter