Posting photos from anywhere other than Photobucket?

Dashzap

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to link photos from other sites besides Photobucket?

I tried a link from GooglePhotos, and it didn't work.

I think you can link from Facebook, and you can upload photos directly in your post. That is what I do.

Is it possible to link photos from other sites besides Photobucket?

I tried a link from GooglePhotos, and it didn't work.
Just to expand on MaryJo's response. You can post photos directly on the boards. As long as the size of the photo is less than 1MB, you can copy & paste, or drag & drop them into a post. You can also use the "Upload a File" button on the lower right of the posting window.

Thank you! It seems so obvious now. I never noticed the upload a file button before. :blush:

Just to expand on MaryJo's response. You can post photos directly on the boards. As long as the size of the photo is less than 1MB, you can copy & paste, or drag & drop them into a post. You can also use the "Upload a File" button on the lower right of the posting window.

I've tried to upload button. I always get a message saying my file is to big. I can't figure out how to resize them. I have photos in folders on my computer that I move over from the phone. Any help will be much appreciated.

I've tried to upload button. I always get a message saying my file is to big. I can't figure out how to resize them. I have photos in folders on my computer that I move over from the phone. Any help will be much appreciated.
I use Paint to resize. But you can also do it in Windows Photo Viewer.

Thanks. I have it in Paint. How do I resize it?

There is an option to resize in the toolbar at the top. Click on resize, and then choose the percentage to reduce. You might try 50% or 30%, depending on how big your photo initially is, and then go from there.

upload_2017-7-5_18-19-28.png

Thanks. I have it in Paint. How do I resize it?
Well, my Paint version might be older than yours, but when I open a picture in Paint, There's a "Resize" option there (in the upper left).

Click on that and you can change the picture size by pixels or percentage. I use the pixels option. I just played around with it until I found the right number that makes the photo be smaller than 1MB and saved it.

I change the smallest pixel number (on the original picture) to be 1500 for starters. Then I "save as" using the same file name but adding an identifying extra letter or number. That way I don't lose the original. Once I've saved it, I hover over the new photo to see what the size comes out as. If it's still too big, I delete the new picture and do it again, making the pixel number smaller and saving again (with the new identifying number), check the size, etc, etc, etc.

After a while you start to know what numbers work for your photos.

Well, my Paint version might be older than yours, but when I open a picture in Paint, There's a "Resize" option there (in the upper left).

Click on that and you can change the picture size by pixels or percentage. I use the pixels option. I just played around with it until I found the right number that makes the photo be smaller than 1MB and saved it.

I change the smallest pixel number (on the original picture) to be 1500 for starters. Then I "save as" using the same file name but adding an identifying extra letter or number. That way I don't lose the original. Once I've saved it, I hover over the new photo to see what the size comes out as. If it's still too big, I delete the new picture and do it again, making the pixel number smaller and saving again (with the new identifying number), check the size, etc, etc, etc.

After a while you start to know what numbers work for your photos.

Wow, thank you for all that detailed info. Your version is different from mine. I have windows 7. I was able to find a tab in attributes under images. I will play around with the numbers. Thank you so much!

Wow, thank you for all that detailed info. Your version is different from mine. I have windows 7. I was able to find a tab in attributes under images. I will play around with the numbers. Thank you so much!
I have Windows 7, also. My Paint opens with the same header that MaryJo posted. With the "Resize" option.

I have Windows 7, also. My Paint opens with the same header that MaryJo posted. With the "Resize" option.

Maybe I'm it doing it right then. I opened the picture in a download file. When I clicked an icon on the bottom it opened in paint. I'd post a pic of what I have but I can't lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter